Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Whats the point of leveling past 100?

Since we have the zone scaling in play, why do we even have to level to 110. Why couldnt Bliz just take GW 2 approach and keep our max level at 100 with maybe some progression paths to gain new skills and continue with the story(like you ahve to do some main quest chain events to unlock Suramar zone), while remaining at lvl 100?

Also whats gonna happen to artifact weapons in the expansion following legion, lets say from lore perspective, since theyre supposed to be the uber weapons of the world. We just happen to come upon better ones?
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2016-07-29 at 01:57 PM.

How about we get through Legion FIRST. Then we can ask questions of weapons afterwards.

I hope they expand the Artifact system, implementing features and removing them after 1 expansion annoys me more than anything, Reforging for example, Garrison...

They could of made a mobile app to manage garrisons, and kept them ingame forever, adding more buildings / levels e.t.c over time. Artifacts could easily be expanded, because your right, having Ashbringer, the best weapon ever to be wielded by a Paladin, then replacing it with a generic sword at level 111 on the next expansion would make no sense.

The relics add item levels, there is no reason why they can't just add more relics each expansion to boost your artifact another 100+ ilvls, and throw in a few extra traits. Blizzard seem really bad at planning for the future, they put really interesting things in but then they just drop it after a year instead of keeping it in addition to anything else that's new.

But back to be ontopic, No, we need levels, it's a fundamental part of the game, sudden removal of it would cause uproar, for good reason.

Deleted
    Well it already makes no sense that you and 999999 other players have the Ashbringer. Or that youre supposed to be the chosen hero in your class hall, but theres also the "XXSEPHIROTHXX" guy, "Gnomestomper", "Illidanz91" and all the others right there with you.

I guess its useless to bring logic into this.
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2016-07-29 at 02:14 PM.

replacing artifact weapons at the expac would be stupid because of how they're basically put as the best possible weapons our spec could use barring them doing something like artifacts 2.0 where they invent a reason to give us even stronger ones.

As for leveling why do we have to remain at 100 as the cap? at the same time why did we have to go past 60 as the cap?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    Well it already makes no sense that you and 999999 other players have the ashbringer.
    also makes no sense that some players have 200+ archimonde kills.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am almost positive once we reach level 120, that's when we'll see the next expansion afterwards be the final expansion anyway or levels will no longer go beyond 120. I think this legion tech is the first process in doing that with scaling.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

yes, the game you want is not the game that WoW has become.

I also think it's very stupid to have world bosses respawn later on.

MMOs should be permanent world, you kill something it stays dead, likewise if you die, there should be a stiff penalty to bring you back to life.

also some weapons/items should only exist for one player at a time.

also you should be able to place things on the ground like Diablo and have that item stay there until someone else picks it up

Because every expansion, the leveling process is there to "reset" stat scaling from gear.

Since we have the zone scaling in play, why do we even have to level to 110. Why couldnt Bliz just take GW 2 approach and keep our max level at 100 with maybe some progression paths to gain new skills and continue with the story(like you ahve to do some main quest chain events to unlock Suramar zone), while remaining at lvl 100?
    Because although a system of Paragon points would be a welcome addition, the Artifact system handles that in the short term, and more importantly, expansions and leveling up are a chance to reset the player power spikes. I see no attachment to Level 100, and I don't see why you and others do. The level scaling system has zero impact on any of the leveling system concepts.

Why stop at 100, why not 200 then go to a Paragon System? I personally dislike leveling overall, it's the most boring part of the game for me. But I see the need for it, and I like that every ~2 years I get a chance to increase my levels. I like that every expansion sees me expand my capabilities a lot more, and in terms of Lore it makes sense.

An expansion doesn't take place over the real world 2 years, it's mostly a couple of months at most. Then, we move on, find new threats, face new challenges and such, and that's where we level up even further.

Also whats gonna happen to artifact weapons in the expansion following legion, lets say from lore perspective, since theyre supposed to be the uber weapons of the world. We just happen to come upon better ones?
    We simply don't know yet and we need to wait and see. Personally, I think they'll keep the Artifact system going into the future, but new weapons and such, more traits, and a longer period of time to level it up. The system isn't even live yet, and you're planning how it's going to end?

Deleted
    They could do enhancing your artifact, where they begin to add like say 50 more artifact lvl per expansion to take it even further or trim the talent tree of the artifact(so it doesnt get too huge), while unlocking even more new skins for it.

What bother me is that I read somewhere that Bliz for now plans to indeed shelf the artifacts for the expansion following legion, which does mean that you do indeed find a weapon at lvl 111 that is simply "better", from "somewhere".

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post

MMOs should be permanent world, you kill something it stays dead, likewise if you die, there should be a stiff penalty to bring you back to life.

also you should be able to place things on the ground like Diablo and have that item stay there until someone else picks it up
    sounds pretty bad glad u aren't a WoW dev who has something to say there u basically want WoW with each mob u kill stays dead .. so after u do lets say loremaster almost the whole world would be empty because u would have killed so many mobs till then .. but ok if u want WoW to be empty after 2-3 weeks go for it especially Dungeons u want to clear them once and never be able to do them again great concept u got there . and u want a game where millions of players can't have the weapon/items because u think it should only be available for one plz never step a foot in the gaming industry

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it already makes no sense that you and 999999 other players have the Ashbringer. Or that youre supposed to be the chosen hero in your class hall, but theres also the "XXSEPHIROTHXX" guy, "Gnomestomper", "Illidanz91" and all the others right there with you.

I know right, It's almost as if All those other characters using the same Legendary Ring as me, or the same Best in Slot Weapon as me was completely the same thing at all!!

Deleted
    Might be because leveling is, for quite a lot of people, a fun part of character progression. Not everyone is interested in sitting in some city waiting for a raid to pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post

Why don't you go have fun in a single player game, that's clearly where you belong.

It never made sense that every Draenei is the hero who Velen personally thanked for saving their new home or every Goblin being a potential Trade Prince, either.

It's not a new thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the point is having them experimenting to an alternate power progression.

I don't think they will keep +10 level each time, because it creates problem with lower level. If they want the max level progression to be roughly the same each time but they increase the level cap, you'll end up getting +2 level when you explore a zone. They already accepted that the leveling experience is broken which is bad because that's where normal new players will start.

So I think they're iterating on this and after Legion we'll have alternate power progression, like artefacts is for Legion. You progress a current content combat item instead of yourself. Brilliant idea in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I think the point is having them experimenting to an alternate power progression.

I don't think they will keep +10 level each time, because it creates problem with lower level. If they want the max level progression to be roughly the same each time but they increase the level cap, you'll end up getting +2 level when you explore a zone. They already accepted that the leveling experience is broken which is bad because that's where normal new players will start.

So I think they're iterating on this and after Legion we'll have alternate power progression, like artefacts is for Legion. You progress a current content combat item instead of yourself. Brilliant idea in my opinion.
    Yes that was kinda my point. Thank you. Alternative progression paths. I was simply asking do we need to add x amounts of levels every expansion, after a certain point anymore?
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2016-07-29 at 02:36 PM.

Its really hard to predict. From a practical standpoint, you can't imagine they would advertise a defining feature of the next expansion as you having to "catch up your artifact" from Legion. Part of me thinks it will be discarded or drained. I think the best thing that could happen to this game is have a story line where we lose and are enslaved.

What's the point of leveling at all, period.. Stupid ass concept.

Pretty sure this gonna be the last expansion anyways. No need to deal with the artifact weapons after that.