Suspicious of ban..

Someone I know has been banned apparently for 4 months for several reasons. These include win-trading, account sharing, trading services for irl money... etc

They say they baut a boost from a VRY well known guild to get top 1% in RBGs. Apparently for wow gold and self-played.

So... any1 got some experience on this? Think it's bullshit or do they btchslap you with everything if they notice something is up? Dont even know if its perma ban tbh. what do u thnk?

Think you shouldn't worry your pretty little head about your "friend".

Account sharing, using IRL money (other than for the WoW token) and the like are clearly prohibited by ToS. Your "friend" might want to read those. It can be enlightening.

Bottom line: It's Blizzard's game, and Blizzard's rules. Your "friend" should become versed in what those rules are and the penalties for breaking them.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by plop View Post
    Someone I know has been banned apparently for 4 months for several reasons. These include win-trading, account sharing, trading services for irl money... etc

They say they baut a boost from a VRY well known guild to get top 1% in RBGs. Apparently for wow gold and self-played.

So... any1 got some experience on this? Think it's bullshit or do they btchslap you with everything if they notice something is up? Dont even know if its perma ban tbh. what do u thnk?
    All said things are indeed bannable offenses. And it isn't like anyone caught always says the didn't do anything. If banned he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigenn View Post
    Think you shouldn't worry your pretty little head about your "friend".

Account sharing, using IRL money (other than for the WoW token) and the like are clearly prohibited by ToS. Your "friend" might want to read those. It can be enlightening.

Bottom line: It's Blizzard's game, and Blizzard's rules. Your "friend" should become versed in what those rules are and the penalties for breaking them.

Problem solved.
    Pretty much what I was going to say. All the things you listed, OP are pretty terrible and "that person you know" deserves any ban coming to "them".

i didn't know win trading was against tos, not that i've done it myself as i don't do high rated arena, as i haven't sen any news about anything been done with them?

unless tanking 2s arena rating to get easy points for cap, counts

lol, i love the immediate suspicion from everyone im talking about myself.

The point of my post is more that i dont think its possible to get such a heavy ban if *ALL* you did was win-trade. Maybe that wasnt clear. Idk how long standard bans usually are though for what..

lol, i love the immediate suspicion from everyone im talking about myself.

The point of my post is more that i dont think its possible to get such a heavy ban if *ALL* you did was win-trade. Maybe that wasnt clear. Idk how long standard bans usually are though for what..
    Gee a brand new account on mmo-champ posting about a 'ban'. We'll totally believe your story....friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Gee a brand new account on mmo-champ posting about a 'ban'. We'll totally believe your story....friend.
    How would this post make any sense if i was talking about myself? I'm asking if you all think this guy is bullshitting me, not if the punishment is justified.
    I have little experience with the length of bans, and if a 4 month ban is slapped on someone for win-sharing seems a bit excessive, it would say to me they did a lot more than what they're owning up to.

...the toxicity here does my head in sometimes...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i didn't know win trading was against tos, not that i've done it myself as i don't do high rated arena, as i haven't sen any news about anything been done with them?
    I managed to find an old post somewhere about a 3 day ban being given for win-trading, which makes me think there's a lot more to the story than im told..

You should be fine none of these are bannable. Jk
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

...the toxicity here does my head in sometimes...
    So you make a brand new account to hide from your main account or else you've read MMO-Champ forums for a long time and NEVER posted once. Sure does seem fishy, right....friend?

2nd post have already answered most of the OP's question. Duration of bans may sound harsh but it's Blizzard's games & rules so they can decide how long the bans go for.

my problem lies with the bolded text it seem like you/your friend didn't do the research if its not self played and payed for by gold you ignore it and move on.

as for the length of ban time 4 months seems reasonable if it was all of them possibly excessive if win trading but im unsure on the length of bans for certain separate thing myself.

only time i got banned was a few deys before the authenticater came out i got 72 hr ban because i got hacked and got an authenticater sent out

i got a msg from a friend today that he was banned for 6 months for win trading, so it seems today is the day the win traders will receive their bans, so OP's story will be one of many win traders banned.

and this really is a friend, i don't have any rated pvp achis worthy of paying money to win trade lol, unless 1550 in 3's is rival these days!

Of course im hiding from my main account. My main account uses the same name as my main character - and a lot of my guildmates read these forums.
    I dont really want that person "outed" to the rest of the guild for multiple reasons i dont really need to go in to.

My question makes zero sense if im talking about myself. I'd make the usual "omg my ban is so unfair" post wouldnt i? I was genuinely asking for advice so i can know how to deal with this situation.... seriously, you dont have to be a dick for no reason.

I dont really want that person "outed" to the rest of the guild for multiple reasons i dont really need to go in to.
    Lolwut? Like your guild won't figure it out when your 'friend' does not log in for 4 months? You aren't outing anyone. Your rulebreaking 'friend' fucked up and should be laughed at by his guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your friend needs to bring his concerns up to Blizzard. We can't help him here, and what info we can provide has been provided.