Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    your logic is fel magic is the greatest violation of life thus it's a magic of life?
    Yup, because that's what it is if it's a magic and it's a violation OF (or from) life. This isn't to state that fel magic is not chaotic or destructive. A magic that comes from life doesn't have to be used for healing and can be used for destruction, however, it's still a magic from life. Do you understaaaaaand?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    Yup, because that's what it is if it's a magic and it's a violation OF (or from) life. This isn't to state that it's not destructive or anything. A magic that comes from life doesn't necessarily have to be used for healing, however, it's still a magic from life. Do you understaaaaaand?
    No, because the magic of life is nature magic according to the chronicle. Fel is the magic of disorder. These are cosmic forces. Light,Shadow,Life,Death,Order and Disorder. All these forces manifest as their own respective magics. Do you understand?

No
    Then there isn't anything I can do to help you other than refer you to a doctor.

Then there isn't anything I can do to help you other than refer you to a doctor.
    lol why do you refuse to read the book yourself though? It's all there.

No, because the magic of life is nature magic according to the chronicle. Fel is the magic of disorder. These are cosmic forces. Light,Shadow,Life,Death,Order and Disorder. All these forces manifest as their own respective magics. Do you understand?
    Fel magic is the magic of disorder? Do you even know what disorder is? If you do, I'll tell you anyways.

Disorder is a lack of order. Disorder is a lack of order that is devoid of order. Disorder is a void that is manifested as fel magic. Fel magic represents a chaotic/fiery void or the combination of heat, light, and shadow (shadowflame). Shadowflame is necromantic.

Fel magic is the magic of disorder? Do you even know what disorder is?
    I don't have to know it myself lol. The chronicle states it's a cosmic force that manifests as fel magic. It's that easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Fel magic is the magic of disorder? Do you even know what disorder is? If you do, I'll tell you anyways.

Disorder is a lack of order. Disorder is a lack of order that is devoid of order. Disorder is a void that is manifested as fel magic. Fel magic represents a chaotic/fiery void or the combination of heat, light, and shadow (shadowflame). Shadowflame is necromantic.
    Necromantic magic comes from cosmic force of death which is listed as separate from disorder in the chronicle. You are making the connection yourself.

And the void is another thing. Cosmic force of void manifests as shadow magic.

I don't have to know it myself lol.
    This is what an ignorant person would say

Necromantic magic comes from force of death which is listed as separate from disorder in the chronicle. You are making the connection yourself.

This is what an ignorant person would say
    Well, why would I believe you when I can just look at the chronicle? lol I am pretty much informed and you are not. You don't need to try to make your own interpretation. You just need to go read the book.

Sorry, but I have to.

Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-07-29 at 11:27 AM.

Well, why would I believe you when I can just look at the chronicle? lol
    You can look at the Chronicle as many times as possible, I'm not trying to trick you though.

I am pretty much informed and you are not.
    You need a reality check. You know that disorder is manifested as fel magic, but you don't even know what disorder means. If you do, you wouldn't even be arguing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, why would I believe you when I can just look at the chronicle? lol I am pretty much informed and you are not. You don't need to try to make your own interpretation. You just need to go read the book.
    Haven't you heard? Chronicle is just "Blizzard's piss poor attempt to fool the gullible."

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Haven't you heard? Chronicle is just "Blizzard's piss poor attempt to fool the gullible."
    lol I think he is a bit crazy. I am done I guess.

lol I think he is a bit crazy.
    You're one to make that claim.

lI am done I guess.
    Did I just successfully wasted a good chunk of your time? Whoooo

Deleted
    Just like how the entirety of the real-world scientific community accepted the phlogiston theory as it pertained to fire before we knew better, I think it is safe to assume that the biggest majority of spellweavers and wizards simply made their theories on the arcane based on not knowing any better.

It is first now with the Chronicle that we've achieved a point of view high enough where we can see the mechanisms and relations for what they are. Writing-wise it probably has degrees of retcon to it, but it's the kind of retcon that can be explained away with in-universe logic and parallels to our own history dealing with 'arcane' subject matter.

Holy head canon from rainforest.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    Just like how the entirety of the real-world scientific community accepted the phlogiston theory as it pertained to fire before we knew better, I think it is safe to assume that the biggest majority of spellweavers and wizards simply made their theories on the arcane based on not knowing any better.

It is first now with the Chronicle that we've achieved a point of view high enough where we can see the mechanisms and relations for what they are. Writing-wise it probably has degrees of retcon to it, but it's the kind of retcon that can be explained away with in-universe logic and parallels to our own history dealing with 'arcane' subject matter.
    Not to mention even though players who have read Chronicles, in game characters have no knowledge of most of it. So previous lore from their perspective still stands as valid from an in game perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Because they are magical practitioners who study and manipulate wield nether energy.
    So...doesn't that make nether energy arcane energy? All their spells are arcane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    A lot of the more ridiculous notions of Arcane Magic has been changed, like the nonsense of the four laws. Arcane magic is neither inherently corrupting or addicting.
    See, this stuff may have been ridiculous but I loved it to death. The way magic worked in warcraft was one of the things that got me into the lore in the first place as a young kid. I loved the idea of "pure" magic in its natural form being neither good nor evil, but something that the average mortal body and mind can't handle. Something that gives you incredible power, but will drive you insane if you're not careful. I loved how arcane just felt like pure, chaotic, mutagenic nuclear physics you can just barely control that alters the very basic nature of the universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard's employees like pretending that fel magic isn't necromantic, but no matter what they claim, they will never convince me that warlocks aren't necromancers.

The Chronicle establishes that the highly destructive fel magic is fueled by drawing life from living beings. If life needs to be drawn from living beings to fuel fel magic, life must have something integral to (or a part of) fel magic. If life doesn't have something integral to (or a part of) fel magic, life wouldn't need to be drawn because it (life) doesn't have something fel magic needs.

And not only does life have something a part of fel magic, it seems that fel magic itself comes from life: But an insignificant sacrifice is required to fuel fel magic and sacrificial magic was considered the greatest violation of life. The energies of life, most commonly known as nature magic, are stated to promote growth and renewal in all things. However, energies can be so chaotic that they manifest as entropic horrors, pure fel magic given form to lash out at all life: According to how Dave Kosak describes fel: Fel is chaotic energy. Warlocks convert life into fel, draining the victim as a source power.

If life can be converted (or transformed) into another state, the state that life can be transformed into would not be living despite being a form of life, hence necromancy, the study of magic involving the dead. Fel magic is obviously necromantic if it's an entropic form of life magic that causes death/destruction and comes from the Twisting Nether, an astral dimension composed of spiritual energies.

The Chronicle treating fel magic as if it's not death is just Blizzard's piss poor attempt to fool the gullible into believing warlocks are pigeonholed to using a force that is stated to govern the cosmic systems of the physical universe along with arcane magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it does. Demons are from an astral coalition of spiritual energies that is separate from the physical universe. Do even understand the meaning of the terms astral and spiritual? Seems like you don't.
    Jeez, this must be what I sound like to you guys. Seems both myself and this guy want the lore to work the way we thought it did in our heads, but turns out it's something entirely different now.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Holy head canon from rainforest.
    Holy head canon from Zanjin. There's no headcanon coming from me breh and you're failing to refute any of my points, which just goes to show you're only here to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    So...doesn't that make nether energy arcane energy? All their spells are arcane.
    Nether energy is presumably the energy of the nether, which is arcane energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Jeez, this must be what I sound like to you guys. Seems both myself and this guy want the lore to work the way we thought it did in our heads, but turns out it's something entirely different now.
    I know how the lore works. You don't, which is why you've made this thread in the first place.

Holy head canon from Zanjin. There's no headcanon coming from me breh and you're failing to refute any of my points, which just goes to show you're only here to troll.

I know how the lore works. You don't, which is why you've made this thread in the first place.
    you are ignoring facts. therefore you are using headcanon
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).

That's funny, because this whole conversation started with you saying arcane energy doesn't come from the nether. You're even contradicting yourself now.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Arcane magic *in the hands of the Titans* is the language of Order is how I tend to see it, but in the hands of mortals it can be bent to other ends. Any creative force can be bent to disorder or chaos - rampant growth, overwhelming forces, the imposition of stasis on objects that should not be restrained. The Arcane is the primary force that the Titans used to bring Order to the universe, and in that it stands opposed to Fel which can only mutate, corrupt, and destroy as it has no higher calling or intended purpose.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead