Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    Since we have the zone scaling in play, why do we even have to level to 110. Why couldnt Bliz just take GW 2 approach and keep our max level at 100 with maybe some progression paths to gain new skills and continue with the story(like you ahve to do some main quest chain events to unlock Suramar zone), while remaining at lvl 100?
    Leveling gives a sense of character progression. I wouldn't feel all that happy if I couldn't level up, personally, even with new systems like AP now continuing the progression. It gives a feeling of "new" adventures (IMHO, anyway)

The other reason is that a level increase is used to reduce the value of old gear (ie. reduce stat scaling), otherwise they would have to somehow patch old gear to make it undesirable. Gear-based character stats are always ridiculously high at the end of an expansion due to the exponential scaling from secondary stats.

Its the bane of percentage based stats like crit and such. While just increasing agility or intellect wouldn't be that bad, if you don't reduce the percentages of secondary stats the entire combat system goes kaboom eventually. At 100% crit there is just a ceiling reached that you can't go over, and similar effects would happen with haste, and mastery with some classes as well.

TL;DR:
    Its just a key component of how character scaling and progression are setup in WoW, and changing that would require massive changes to a lot of other systems.
    Other games may have used entirely different approaches, and as such comparisons are futile.

Most like Artifacts will be drained. Given there are story hooks which specifically describe 'empowering your weapon', it's not just a gameplay thing like gold or valor points. We spend the expansion shoving as much power as possible into these items.

I fully expect us to shoot all that power right out of our Artifact weapons at the end of the last raid, Deathwing-laser style. We'll keep the Artifact powered until the expansion's over, but from a lore perspective that will be it for the Artifacts, and they'll be replaced by new weapons in the next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Pretty sure this gonna be the last expansion anyways. No need to deal with the artifact weapons after that.
    They're working on the next expansion right now lol. Also said artifact weapons will be brought with you in the next expansion in some form or manner.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Deleted
    Pretty sure this gonna be the last expansion anyways. No need to deal with the artifact weapons after that.
    What makes you think that?

I really dont see them stopping here, for one it would leave the plot completely unresolved, or resolved in a really bad, hasty way. The legion invades, and we simply defeat them, bunnies and sunshine, everyones happy. What about Azshara, or N'zoth, the old gods, Sargeras, Void Lords etc.?
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2016-07-29 at 02:47 PM.

Any particular reason why you think that beyond whatever logic made people say this about Wrath, Cata, MoP and WoD?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Most like Artifacts will be drained. Given there are story hooks which specifically describe 'empowering your weapon', it's not just a gameplay thing like gold or valor points. We spend the expansion shoving as much power as possible into these items.

I fully expect us to shoot all that power right out of our Artifact weapons at the end of the last raid, Deathwing-laser style. We'll keep the Artifact powered until the expansion's over, but from a lore perspective that will be it for the Artifacts, and they'll be replaced by new weapons in the next expansion.
    That could also work. The artifacts become powerless because of x happens. Has to be fun for those players that used x amount of days to gain lvl 50 artifact aaaand its gone.
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2016-07-29 at 02:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    What's the point of leveling at all, period.. Stupid ass concept.
    It's fun.

/10char

Since we have the zone scaling in play, why do we even have to level to 110. Why couldnt Bliz just take GW 2 approach and keep our max level at 100 with maybe some progression paths to gain new skills and continue with the story(like you ahve to do some main quest chain events to unlock Suramar zone), while remaining at lvl 100?

Also whats gonna happen to artifact weapons in the expansion following legion, lets say from lore perspective, since theyre supposed to be the uber weapons of the world. We just happen to come upon better ones?
    Artifact weapons will be sacrificed for a burst of power at the end of the xpac/ 8.0.1 calling it now.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Artifact weapons will be sacrificed for a burst of power at the end of the xpac/ 8.0.1 calling it now.
    Ohh that'd do it. We sacrifice them for something super important, maybe to open t a portal to Argus or something and we have to craft a new, even more amazing artifact to take down the baddies. that seems like a pretty solid excuse to get rid of them or at least de-power them as we level.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    means removing artifacts for the next xpac? effectively removing a lot of legion content from the game 100-110 without artifacts how...shit?

maybe they really should remove levels when they keep removing all the content levels used to bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    means removing artifacts for the next xpac? effectively removing a lot of legion content from the game 100-110 without artifacts how...shit?

maybe they really should remove levels when they keep removing all the content levels used to bring.
    You'll more than likely still have an artifact for the 100-100 experience, it'll just be sacrificed at the very start of 8.0.1. Probably as a way to get to Argus or something.

I just thought of that in about 10 seconds. WoW devs have months and years to think this stuff through.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Without adding levels, it would just feel like a new raid tier. Those updates usually annoy me.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    yes, the game you want is not the game that WoW has become.

I also think it's very stupid to have world bosses respawn later on.

MMOs should be permanent world, you kill something it stays dead, likewise if you die, there should be a stiff penalty to bring you back to life.

also some weapons/items should only exist for one player at a time.

also you should be able to place things on the ground like Diablo and have that item stay there until someone else picks it up
    Similar things have been tried in past games, and they really don't work all that well for MMO's. The main reason is that events need to be repeatable enough so that most players at least have the opportunity to partake.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it already makes no sense that you and 999999 other players have the Ashbringer.
    But if you look closely at the stamping on your sword, you find that it's a chinese knockoff called "Ashbronger". No worries, the genuine article still isn't in the hands of you or anyone else

Deleted
    Well it already makes no sense that you and 999999 other players have the Ashbringer. Or that youre supposed to be the chosen hero in your class hall, but theres also the "XXSEPHIROTHXX" guy, "Gnomestomper", "Illidanz91" and all the others right there with you.

I guess its useless to bring logic into this.
    This contrivance has been part of every MMO ever at every level of design. The fact that you kill the same bosses repeatedly, the fact that all characters go through the same quest lines, etc etc, this is nothing new and while GW2 shook up the MMO formula, this remains a thing in that game too.

I don't know what will happen to the Artifacts. I hope they stay in some form but for now we can only speculate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    They're working on the next expansion right now lol. Also said artifact weapons will be brought with you in the next expansion in some form or manner.
    We're gonna eat it.

New spells named after the weapon we absorb/consume/sacrifice. That's my bet.

Deleted
    We won't find better weapons, we will use the power of the artifact to kill Kil'Jaedan or something thus ending the Legion Invasion.
    That's only lore of course as the weapons we find later will have higher DPS and all but that's just ingame progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

The artifacts will prolly still be there but you won't max them out. Just look at the Garrison, you think people are going to spend much time on that when they level to 100?

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    We're gonna eat it.

New spells named after the weapon we absorb/consume/sacrifice. That's my bet.
    I reckon we will have absorbed some of the perk the artifacts bring. Ebonbolt for example.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-07-29 at 03:40 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they've already said that Artifacts will be irrelevant after Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    I am almost positive once we reach level 120, that's when we'll see the next expansion afterwards be the final expansion anyway or levels will no longer go beyond 120. I think this legion tech is the first process in doing that with scaling.
    lol final expansion. Nice one.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you think that?

I really dont see them stopping here, for one it would leave the plot completely unresolved, or resolved in a really bad, hasty way. The legion invades, and we simply defeat them, bunnies and sunshine, everyones happy. What about Azshara, or N'zoth, the old gods, Sargeras, Void Lords etc.?
    Sargeras LEADS the Legion. I kinda expect to fight him.

As for the old gods and void Lord's I susoect void Lord's were introduced to give us a new post Sargeras big bad. But a WC4 then Wow 2 coukd do alot..Still want a WoW2 where we lose to the Legion abd flee to say AU draenor..Several hundred years later ir sonesuch we are ready to return to azeroth and the main timeline to reclaim it all. Maybe with a way to use the emerald dream to reset it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Sargeras LEADS the Legion. I kinda expect to fight him.

As for the old gods and void Lord's I susoect void Lord's were introduced to give us a new post Sargeras big bad. But a WC4 then Wow 2 coukd do alot..Still want a WoW2 where we lose to the Legion abd flee to say AU draenor..Several hundred years later ir sonesuch we are ready to return to azeroth and the main timeline to reclaim it all. Maybe with a way to use the emerald dream to reset it.
    Doesn't matter. They can keep creating lore for WoW as long as they need/want to. Look at EverQuest, it burned through all of it's major and minor lore, players attained godhood, etc and they just kept right on going, they kept churning out EQ1 expansions after EQ2 was released. Granted, almost every other MMO company is more productive than Blizzard when it comes to the rate at which content is produced, but even with Blizzard's incompetence at making content in a timely fashion I doubt we'll see an end to WoW expansions anytime in the foreseeable future. I definitely doubt we'll see a WoW2 anytime within the next decade, especially with how Blizzard failed in epic fashion at their last attempt to create another MMO aside from WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    What's the point of leveling at all, period.. Stupid ass concept.
    Most people say that about raiding and pvp.

Can we take that out too?
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God