Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by naisz View Post
    your Icons are somehow oddly cropped. The rest is the clean as usual skullflower UI.
    Spacing is set to -6.

Quote Originally Posted by barleybear View Post

Cleaned up my UI a little bit with some inspiration from some that I've seen around here.
    Wouldn't mind seeing a screenshot showing raid frames/target ect. Looks nice and neat.

15+ Year Old Account
    My healing UI for Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    My healing UI for Legion.

*snip*
    I always feel bad for healers because your UI has to handle giant ass raid frames :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    I always feel bad for healers because your UI has to handle giant ass raid frames :P
    Yeah it makes creating a good UI so much harder. My tanking/dps UI will be so much nicer when you can ditch those raid frames to the left of the screen.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    To be honest. dps + heal meters should only be shown when needed, which is after any boss wipe err fight.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    To be honest. dps + heal meters should only be shown when needed, which is after any boss wipe err fight.
    unless youre raid leading and want real time information...
    Science the shit out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by slothington View Post
    With MUCH less abilities now, decided to clean up the UI, move things around (borrowed some ideas from a couple people).
    Hey man love the ui! Keep up the great work!

I was wondering what you used to get your minimap to look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Disagree. Makes it way more fun to play when you can actively see the competition. Makes it way more interesting to look back at the fight if you record it. And you may very well learn something about your class/the encounter if you see someone going off during certain parts of the fight. It's also more efficient to see if someone falls behind on damage or is dpsing the wrong targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Disagree. Makes it way more fun to play when you can actively see the competition. Makes it way more interesting to look back at the fight if you record it. And you may very well learn something about your class/the encounter if you see someone going off during certain parts of the fight. It's also more efficient to see if someone falls behind on damage or is dpsing the wrong targets.
    One word......warcraftlogs

As I said; it's more efficient to see it in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviel Menter View Post
    It is, in fact, looking extremely clean.

Anyway, I managed to update my UI to be more or less compatible with 7.0.3. You'll notice in the second screencap I have kui_nameplates, which I discovered on this very page of the thread, and immediately loved. I'm more than open to any comments or criticism anyone might have. In particular, inspired by so many of the lovely minimalist UI's, I'm considering a "transparent" version of this UI that is essentially the same, but which removes the background for the chat window and the action bar. Anyway:

My UI in a party:
    (Image)

And solo:

(Image)
    Hey, really really like your UI, especially the Unitframes. Since I can not PM yet, is it possible to get an addon list used for this or share?
    Thanks in advance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    It does make it harder to get a clean looking interface. After so many years of it though, you get used to it. My biggest gripe these days about it is the variable raid sizes. Sometimes you need room for 40 people, sometimes for 20, sometimes for 17 or 11, then there are rows that are short people because it's an odd number. It's really hard to design unit frames that present the needed info AND look good AND accommodate the constantly fluctuating raid sizes without interfering with other UI elements.

On my DK I do use that nice tidy minimalist down the side look, but as a healer that's just not efficient or sufficient.

I honestly find it more efficient to heal with smaller frames. less mouse movement. Placebo effect probably.

If you are needing that "poke", then it means you aren't playing at your best before that point.
    If you know you are already performing as well as you can, then no meter is going to improve your result there.
    It isn't like everyone is on an equal footing anyway, even excluding gear between the same specs there is the random element.

If way behind someone who should be comparable, then all it does is potentially highlight that you were screwing up.
    At which point you have another issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    I honestly find it more efficient to heal with smaller frames. less mouse movement. Placebo effect probably.
    I prefer them to be compact also, the ones in the original pic quoted in this convo were larger than I prefer. I like them to be slim little rectangles! =) I just don't like that it can't always look the same depending on group size.

re: visible damage and heal meters: i like watching the meters sometimes during the fight, it's fun to watch them even as a healer. sometimes i will watch who is getting the most dispels or interrupts, and have a little competition with that. it's just an extra layer of fun during combat for me. pretty subjective topic.

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    I prefer them to be compact also, the ones in the original pic quoted in this convo were larger than I prefer. I like them to be slim little rectangles! =) I just don't like that it can't always look the same depending on group size.

re: visible damage and heal meters: i like watching the meters sometimes during the fight, it's fun to watch them even as a healer. sometimes i will watch who is getting the most dispels or interrupts, and have a little competition with that. it's just an extra layer of fun during combat for me. pretty subjective topic.
    Mine did with grid. Let me see if i can find a screenie

Thats essentially where they sat, 40 man would expand out from the center, so add 3 more columns and recenter them and that was a 40 man.

Last edited by Qlix; 2016-07-29 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you are needing that "poke", then it means you aren't playing at your best before that point.
    If you know you are already performing as well as you can, then no meter is going to improve your result there.
    It isn't like everyone is on an equal footing anyway, even excluding gear between the same specs there is the random element.

If way behind someone who should be comparable, then all it does is potentially highlight that you were screwing up.
    At which point you have another issue.
    Whenever there's a new encounter nobody knows if they're playing at their best or not. You think something's best in theory but often times it's different in practice. And it's not about improving your personal results as much as it is about improving others'. If you see someone fall behind on the meter you can immediately take a look at what they're doing and tell them in voice chat what they're doing wrong. See someone spike when there's an aoe pack that should be ignored? Tell them immediately to focus on the right things instead.

You'll only see if someone is doing something wrong when they're falling behind significantly. It can also alert you of missing buffs, broken armor, forgotten spells on the actionbars, etc. Although there are other ways to alert you of that, there's no real reason to not have your dps meter showing. You could argue looks and clutter, but you can do the same for minimaps and other aesthetics. Agree to disagree?

Whenever there's a new encounter nobody knows if they're playing at their best or not. You think something's best in theory but often times it's different in practice. And it's not about improving your personal results as much as it is about improving others'. If you see someone fall behind on the meter you can immediately take a look at what they're doing and tell them in voice chat what they're doing wrong. See someone spike when there's an aoe pack that should be ignored? Tell them immediately to focus on the right things instead.

You'll only see if someone is doing something wrong when they're falling behind significantly. It can also alert you of missing buffs, broken armor, forgotten spells on the actionbars, etc. Although there are other ways to alert you of that, there's no real reason to not have your dps meter showing. You could argue looks and clutter, but you can do the same for minimaps and other aesthetics. Agree to disagree?
    Regardless of the encounter you know if you are playing your character right.
    Knowledge of the encounter does not make you know if you are doing the best dps you can or not.
    So I will disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluminar View Post
    Hey man love the ui! Keep up the great work!

I was wondering what you used to get your minimap to look like that.
    It's actually Lyn's map from his(her?) new UI, just kind of..."borrowed" it