Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    A word conjuring up romantic imagery is clearly not meant as offensive.

I like how he says it is not precise enough and the other person says it is going to be replaced by Asian-American, which is just as imprecise.
    Agreeing with the removal of 'Oriental' as a demographic description automatically means I think 'Asian-American' is better, apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So much passive aggressiveness for a Friday. Have a drink.

Let's see how many man hours will be needed to actually carry this out, and then let's see if that same number of hours (or money) could have been spent on something more effective / beneficial. One persons filler work is another persons poor prioritization skills I suppose.
    Ctrl+F is a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Ctrl+F is a thing.
    I edited 20000 files last night with Notepad ++, replace all in folder feature. Took two minutes...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so . . . federal law can't call black people "negroes." What exactly is the problem here?

This isn't censorship, or even really PC. This is just making federal language professional and neutral.

You do understand that this is ONLY about the language used to write laws and regulations right? And not about everyday speech? You can still go call a black person a ni**er if you want. I mean, come on Orlong, just go to Harlem and try it out. I await the results of your experiment.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I'm sure Indian and Redskin will be allowed to remain though, right?
    Their skin isn't even red, I never understood why that became a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    White people are more of a pinkish colour, to boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    as a british person i dnt like obama, no its not cos hes black which some of you might be thinking, its cos during the EU referrendum he told the british people how to vote and everything and 99% of british people would have told him to fuck off, he's the most anti british president america has ever had and im glad hes going in a few months
    I dunno, I kinda thought Washington would be the most Anti-British president we ever had. After all, he was a general in a war against you guys.
    Putin khuliyo

White Americans are the least racist group of people I know. The majority of them in America are liberals that voted for Obama. Twice. It's other races that come here with a victim complex assuming what the media tells them. None of the white people I know and grew up with used racial slurs in the way I've heard other races use them, and by that I mean full-blown hate. If you're treated differently because of your race, I bet you were already sensitive about it and looking for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    And black people are more of a dark chocolately brown.

But hey, we approximate.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    White Americans are the least racist group of people I know.
    Lol, what?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Mostly false - http://www.snopes.com/president-obam...-and-oriental/

And you are more than 2 months behind on your news...

It modernizes the language. It doesn't ban the usage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And black people are more of a dark chocolately brown.

But hey, we approximate.
    "Some of you are white, some of you are black...You're brown..... And you're silver! But I don't care if your skin is black, white, or Chinese...You're all going to have to learn to die together."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I find it interesting that a lot of "Anti-PC" people are not so much trying to change people to be less PC, but are trying instead to embrace rudeness, off color remarks that cross the line into being bigoted, etc.

There is a medium between being Over-PC, and being a rude ignoramus.
    Right. There's a difference between tact, and over-sensitivity.

Tact is not calling the ambassador from Algeria "that uppity ni**er."

Over-sensitivity is changing the title of "mailman" to "mail carrier," or rewriting "women" to "womyn." In that case . . .
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Mostly false - http://www.snopes.com/president-obam...-and-oriental/

And you are more than 2 months behind on your news...

It modernizes the language. It doesn't ban the usage.
    Never claimed he banned people from using it. I said he signed a law banning it from federal documents

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But you already stated where someone is not free to have speech. You cannot legally yell "Fire!" in a crowded movie theater. In some European countries, you can be arrested for insulting the monarchy. Once again, freedom is a subjective term when it comes to its application.
    So because you can't threaten people or willingly endanger peoples lives you think you don't have freedom of speech? That is an extremely ignorant opinion, I don't really know what else to say.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    billion's of dollars? What kind of legal secretary are they hiring? I mean, I could see millions, but billions? To digitize the documents and word search them? Whatever, those secretaries better be "full service" at that pay rate.
    Orlong got his numbers from a scientific study done at the 'Pulling Numbers Out of My Ass University'. Good old PNOoMAU! Go fighting shit flingers!

You see it is easier to reinforce your bullshit when you come up with a really huge make believe numbers and billions sounds better than thousands. If reality doesn't fit your political viewpoints, well you gotta take that shit by the neck and twist it until it sounds really good and then exaggerate it so you can really get the fake outrage machine humming.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the white people I know and grew up with used racial slurs in the way I've heard other races use them
    You must've grown up in a fairly sheltered area, I'm Caucasian and you wouldn't believe the things other Caucasians have said to me or in front of me about other races. Republicans are literally relying on racists as their core voting block via the Southern Strategy, so of course they exist.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreeing with the removal of 'Oriental' as a demographic description automatically means I think 'Asian-American' is better, apparently.
    I was replying to an article Nixx linked, not sure how you thought that you were considered.

For the record, I take no account of your opinion, even if I were to reply to you and not someone else entirely.

Lol, what?
    You should visit Australia or any European country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I was replying to an article Nixx linked, not sure how you thought that you were considered.
    Nixx's reply was in response to a reply from one of my posts, my apologies.

- - - Updated - - -

You should visit Australia or any European country.
    I am Australian, and I can assure you that Australians are in no way above racism.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This isn't even about PC, it's about using modern language so shit makes sense to new people working in the system. Get over it.