Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bad idea. A duel is useless. You never have optimal circumstances in PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Why have any cooldowns at all?. They pruned our:

1) abilities
    2) options
    3) vision

So take my cooldowns too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, wouldn't mind a cooldown reset on the last count of a duel to start. When the duel is over, get hit with 1-2 min CD.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Dicmonger View Post
    Who cares about open world PVE? Since you cant dual in raid this wont do anything to competetive PvE
    Yeah uh-huh cause stepping outside the instance for a second is really something people pushing progress won't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Yeah uh-huh cause stepping outside the instance for a second is really something people pushing progress won't do.
    Dying to a raid boss resets cooldowns over 2 minutes.

By the time you rez, run outside, orchestrate 10 duels, End those duels, run back in, eat food. Two minutes have surely passed or be coming up very shortly.

Plus, i'm sure some top guilds might have small discussions inbetween pulls about strat. I don't think they just non stop pull over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    There are so many more to choose from!

> My cat walked on my keyboard
    > My computer and/or internet messed up
    > I wasn't ready despite the countdown timer
    > LOL I wasn't even TRYING anyways its just a stupid duel!
    I still remember when people accused me of cheating for using potions in duels. I have tons of potions because one of my alts is an alchemist, so blowing one in a duel is a drop in the bucket to me. I really don't see how it was "cheating" since a) the game allowed it and b) we didn't agree to any other terms before the duel.

But then I rarely duel (my main is a warrior). To be honest, I only did the above when those random annoying asshats would come out of nowhere and challenge me to duels repeatedly. I'd use cooldowns and potions to win the duel in the hopes that they'd fuck off afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Why have any cooldowns at all?. They pruned our:

1) abilities
    2) options
    3) vision

So take my cooldowns too!
    You don't want Paladin who has bubble up all the time. You think you do, but you do.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallebarry View Post
    Except the Brawler's guild is a non-competitive, solo rewarding activity. Being able to have your CD's up for every fight would affect nothing realistically.
    /facepalm

Way to go on missing the entire first half of what I said. It doesn't matter if no one on the forum can come up with a possible exploit that will satisfy your requirements this afternoon. WoW is a game with over 5 million players, and if there is a way to exploit it, someone will find it. The point that was being made is that it just seems obvious that something this poweful will potentially see it getting exploited.

Anyhow, I don't care to argue with you over the details, I just think that your bravado in making a sweeping proclaimation that there is "no way to be able to abuse it" is justified. It reminds me of proclaimations made when the Titanic launched that it was unsinkable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    You don't want Paladin who has bubble up all the time. You think you do, but you do.
    I bet some people have nightmares about paladins 2 shotting them while they are using Divine Shield.

The bubble boys strike back.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    /facepalm

Way to go on missing the entire first half of what I said. It doesn't matter if no one on the forum can come up with a possible exploit that will satisfy your requirements this afternoon. WoW is a game with over 5 million players, and if there is a way to exploit it, someone will find it. The point that was being made is that it just seems obvious that something this poweful will potentially see it getting exploited.

Anyhow, I don't care to argue with you over the details, I just think that your bravado in making a sweeping proclaimation that there is "no way to be able to abuse it" is justified. It reminds me of proclaimations made when the Titanic launched that it was unsinkable.
    My point is that there are OTHER EXACTLY SIMILAR mechanics in the game that reset your cooldowns yet are not abused. Go check outside and watch the duelers. Some of them que for a skirmish before a duel, duel, accept skirmish, then leave. It resets their CD's. The OP is just trying to cut the skirmish que out. Only difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    I bet some people have nightmares about paladins 2 shotting them while they are using Divine Shield.

The bubble boys strike back.
    Ret Palas should worry about their own nightmares tho. Probably Ele Shams and Rets share the same dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Very easily. Want maximum uptime in PvE? Pop cooldowns, duel, friend/opponent leaves or forfeits, repeat.
    Ehh but you can't duel inside raids. I'm also not even sure if you can duel while in combat, even if you can world bosses are so easy that I don't see it being an issue.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My point is that there are OTHER EXACTLY SIMILAR mechanics in the game that reset your cooldowns yet are not abused. Go check outside and watch the duelers. Some of them que for a skirmish before a duel, duel, accept skirmish, then leave. It resets their CD's. The OP is just trying to cut the skirmish que out. Only difference.
    TBH I have no idea what the OP was thinking apart from "It would be cool imo". Because that's all he gave by way of reasoning.

Yes, you're right, other similar mechanics exist for when the game designers think it would be a good time to reset long cooldowns. Implied in that statement is that they don't want people resetting those cooldowns at other times. I mean, why not just remove long cooldowns altogether? The fact unless we understand the reason for which those cooldowns exist, we can't really argue that under xyz circumstances they should be bypassed.

Also, you have just ironically pointed out how duelers have figured out how to abuse the skirmish feature to reset those same cooldowns. And yet in the same breath you don't think people will figure out how to abuse it if they allow it for duels?

Anyhow personally I don't particularly care. But I do share the sentiment that allowing such a thing just seems ripe for exploitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    TBH I have no idea what the OP was thinking apart from "It would be cool imo". Because that's all he gave by way of reasoning.

Yes, you're right, other similar mechanics exist for when the game designers think it would be a good time to reset long cooldowns. Implied in that statement is that they don't want people resetting those cooldowns at other times. I mean, why not just remove long cooldowns altogether? The fact unless we understand the reason for which those cooldowns exist, we can't really argue that under xyz circumstances they should be bypassed.

Also, you have just ironically pointed out how duelers have figured out how to abuse the skirmish feature to reset those same cooldowns. And yet in the same breath you don't think people will figure out how to abuse it if they allow it for duels?

Anyhow personally I don't particularly care. But I do share the sentiment that allowing such a thing just seems ripe for exploitation.
    It's been widely known and used. It's not exploiting anything, there's nothing to gain by having your CD's up for a duel. If they haven't figured it out by now, then there's probably nothing to figure out.

It just makes it more realistic. You have your cooldowns reset going into arena, why not have them going into a duel.

Deleted
    Ret Palas should worry about their own nightmares tho. Probably Ele Shams and Rets share the same dreams.
    It was orc enhancement shamans in vanilla, especially if they were geared.

My God. They could literally 2 shot you and were unstunnable.

If vanilla servers ever become a reality, I'll play an Alliance warlock (OP). Ret can be a hobby.

Dying to a raid boss resets cooldowns over 2 minutes.

By the time you rez, run outside, orchestrate 10 duels, End those duels, run back in, eat food. Two minutes have surely passed or be coming up very shortly.

Plus, i'm sure some top guilds might have small discussions inbetween pulls about strat. I don't think they just non stop pull over and over again.

your argumentation is irrelevant. They would have people rotating in and out of trash fights resetting their cooldowns so they could mow faster.

These are people who have wallhacked and exploited their way to kills for the life of the game, and you think a small extra inconvenience to speed up their runs is beyond them?

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    your argumentation is irrelevant. They would have people rotating in and out of trash fights resetting their cooldowns so they could mow faster.

These are people who have wallhacked and exploited their way to kills for the life of the game, and you think a small extra inconvenience to speed up their runs is beyond them?
    They already do that.. People pull Tyrant with all the trash over and over again to lust and use CD's over and over again.

It's not abused and it's such a small thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    It was orc enhancement shamans in vanilla, especially if they were geared.

My God. They could literally 2 shot you and were unstunnable.

If vanilla servers ever become a reality, I'll play an Alliance warlock (OP). Ret can be a hobby.
    Nono, by having nightmares, I meant Rets are weaker now.

Deleted
    Nono, by having nightmares, I meant Rets are weaker now.
    Sorry lol.

I was under the impression they will be better in Legion?

See, whenever I read a post like the one you just made, the first thing that comes to mind is: business as usual in America.

Maybe they will actually get fucking fixed this time. I really miss this game.