Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    So you saying what Gorehowl throw himself in 30 yards? Bullshit. Like you said it cut through Mannoroth's spear and armor. So in others words Gorehowl gave Grom ability to cut through demon's armor. Rest is work of mighty warrior.
    Weapon makes the warrior.

It is. When things go shit it was Grom who aimed catapult and made killing blow. Watch cinematic again and refresh your memory.
    I guess you missed the part where Mannoroth was busy firing fel blasts at the other orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Watch again. When Grom was aiming catapult Mannoroth start casting with his polearm and was aiming at Grom. He gave zero shit at others orcs he was completely aggroed on Grom.
    Yea... aiming at Grom... then fires somewhere else completely.

I'd personally put mages/warlocks on the top, then DKs, then DHs/priests/paladins, then everything else in no particular order.

Medivh, Khadgar and Gul'dan demonstrate what mortal mages and warlocks can do, and it's nothing to sneeze at. They can tap into some pretty crazy power.

I follow them up with DKs, because DKs are legitimately scary. They tend to be made from people who were already heroes in life, and my understanding is that pretty much all of them become stronger as DKs than they were in life. That, combined with their broad effectiveness against anything that's alive, leads me to think that they're definitely up there.

I put DHs/priests/paladins on the same level for different reasons. Priest/paladins are there because the light is some serious stuff, as demonstrated by characters like Velen and Tirion. DHs are there because they're in a similar vein to warlocks in the sense that they've got access to some pretty impressive sources of power, but they seem a bit more specialized. I couldn't really see Illidan wreaking the same level of havoc as, say, Gul'dan.

Everyone else follows because they're either mostly non-magical weapons users (warriors, rogues, hunters, etc) or because they use magical forces that I don't feel stack up to the rest, such as druids. They're all impressive in their own right, of course. But yeah, it's really hard to beat the upper limit of what mages and warlocks can do

Deleted
    1. Warlock
    2. Mage
    3. Death Knight, Demon Hunter
    5. Druid, Shaman
    7. Priest, Paladin
    9. Hunter, Warrior, Monk, Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    A misconception here is that Warlock is a stronger version of a Mage, well no that's not quite true, they are casters who specialize in Fel while Mages are casters that specialize in the Arcane.
    It's not a misconception. Mages/shamans etc. choose to become warlocks when they want to get more powerful. Other casters are bound by rules or different forces (nature, will of the elements) while warlocks are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    A warlock uses his own life force to fuel his magic, a mage can use things like ley lines, magic wells (which Azeroth seems to love), and other sources, on top of their own magical abilities. Even if you ignore the fact that all the warlock's spells mean nothing if he is suddenly turned into a sheep, a mage has more raw power on hand as well.
    Lore wise player warlocks use the life force and souls of other people (stored in Soul Shards) to fuel most of their spells.
    Last edited by mmoccd6b269a28; 2016-07-29 at 08:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    It's not a misconception. Mages/shamans etc. choose to become warlocks when they want to get more powerful. Other casters are bound by rules or different forces (nature, will of the elements) while warlocks are not.
    Fel is just a quicker, more destructive path to power. It's not inherently stronger, the strongest beings in the Warcraft universe have both used Fel and Arcane as a power source. Also I'm sure affinity plays a role, one person might be better at utilizing Fel while another might be better off with the Arcane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    In the Arthas vs Illidan fight, the alphas of the Dk and Demon Hunter world, Arthas did win, but admittedly it was a close thing that could have gone either way, with Illidan's mobility giving him a rather nice advantage. So I would say lorewise in a duel the two classes would be fairly matched, all things being equal.
    Interesting point, But I think we also need to consider the fact that Arthas at this time did have frostmourne. Whilst Illidan had his glaives for 10,000 years and was profoundly efficient with using them, Arthas felt that frostmourne was an extension of his arm (Close to the exact words in Arthas novel, Im too lazy to find the exact phrasing)

After recently reading the new Illidan novel I would probably give the Demon Hunters the edge, to me they just come across as more powerful in the novel and invade a few demon planets whilst being deadly in melee as well as utilizing fel magic.
    Last edited by mmoce938140040; 2016-07-29 at 02:48 PM.

I've done this thread before. There's no objective power, analyse the most powerful examples in lore and almost all of them are empowered by some artefact. Gear=skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Malfurion is slated to be the "most powerful mortal in the world" so I'd say Droods are up there.

Then again Medivh got killed by a bunch of footmen, so.
    Isnt malfurion immortal ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Isnt malfurion immortal ?
    Night Elves are not immortal anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Night Elves are not immortal anymore.
    I know that but pretty sure i read somewhere Malfurion is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Night Elves are not immortal.
    Some night elves are. Night Elf Demon Hunters with immortal demon souls and hunky bodies seem immortal.

Demon Hunters are not really part of Night Elves society. they are Illidan's immortal army. they are part of Illidari.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Demon Hunters are not really part of Night Elves society.
    Night Elf Demon Hunters with immortal demon souls are still immortal though =P

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    Night Elf Demon Hunters with immortal demon souls are still immortal though =P
    yeah I know. not every Demon Hunter has the type of immortality where they are bound to the Nether. in fact, they might be but only strong DH can freely return to their bodies when they die. every Demon Hunter is ageless.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-07-29 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharku View Post
    Interesting point, But I think we also need to consider the fact that Arthas at this time did have frostmourne. Whilst Illidan had his glaives for 10,000 years and was profoundly efficient with using them, Arthas felt that frostmourne was an extension of his arm (Close to the exact words in Arthas novel, Im too lazy to find the exact phrasing)

After recently reading the new Illidan novel I would probably give the Demon Hunters the edge, to me they just come across as more powerful in the novel and invade a few demon planets whilst being deadly in melee as well as utilizing fel magic.
    I haven't read the Illidan novel so no clue on that end. They both are fairly similar fighters that use dark magic to augment their power. To just look at them I would say overall they are probably fairly close in strength, with DH being more agile fighters (wings and all), and DKs being somewhat tankier (the whole vampric thing), but I freely admit that's just my perception.

On a side note does anyone know what the Frost side of DK abilities is suppose to be lore wise? I assume it's not an elemental thing, is it just supposed to be a twisting of arcane energy to a death themed version of Frost magic?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's impossible to rank the classes themselves, as it's the individuals who are incidentally wielding the power who are great.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Deleted
    We are watching them, as the strongest one of each class since every one of them has the potential to become as strong, or skilled with practice, and the perfect equipment.

Shadow Priest and Death Knights imo in the lore have the greatest potential.

They both are the closest to the Void and the Void is powerful af.