Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    stopped reading the OP as soon as i read billions. Yeah.... no.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Actually, the reason I wont take homosexual blood is because of the risk (albeit a low one) of getting HIV. The majority of people who have HIV are homosexual. I would say thats a good reason. Its also the reason that homosexuals werent allowed to donate blood until very recently
    Oh yea the hospitals label blood as gay blood and when you are dying they will so make sure you don't get any gay blood in you. I mean it's not like they test the blood or anything so you so have to tell them as you are breathing your last breath to stay away from the gay labeled blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, there is also an east and west to my house. Romania, Poland and Bulgaria, all reside on the east side of Europe. They differentiate based on location. Media also refers to east London, Western Wasington, East New York... Your issue is with maps, not media...
    And there is an economic difference between East London and West London just like Eastern Europe and Western Europe. Stop being obtuse.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Last I checked, you can use any name. There is no "law" that forces you to call anyone anything. Prove me wrong. I don't understand what OP is whining about? Government deems certain words offensive for official use and this is going to affect OP how?

I wonder if OP will cheer me if I visit a Trump rally, point to all the fat Trump "fans" and start laughing at them...because you know, them being fatso and all. PC is so bad for his "type" at all. Lets insult everyone. Donny with small penis, Donny who purchased a second rate cheep eastern European wife..

Death to PC. OP, can you post your picture?

What's wrong with negro? Is it because it's Spanish?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    What's wrong with negro? Is it because it's Spanish?
    For the same reason we don't label whites as 'Crackers' on official documentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    For the same reason we don't label whites as 'Crackers' on official documentation.
    Cracker is the equivalent to nigger

Negro just means black

10+ Year Old Account

Negro just means black
    'Negro' is only slightly less offensive, and certainly just as dated.

I'm curious as to why you're critical of this. I thought you were in favor of bipartisan compromise and cooperation.

5 years from now when it is determined that "black' is offensive, we'll have to spend another few million dollars to remove that word too. Colloquialisms come and go, thus indicating the silliness of this endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    'Negro' is only slightly less offensive, and certainly just as dated.

I'm curious as to why you're critical of this. I thought you were in favor of bipartisan compromise and cooperation.
    Only if completely ignore the origin of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    That's how make seemingly innocuous words and make insults out of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    And there is an economic difference between East London and West London just like Eastern Europe and Western Europe. Stop being obtuse.
    Yes, and the designation is based on their relative location. It would be different if Eastern Europe was called Slavic Europe. Am not being obtuse, but pretty blunt.

- - - Updated - - -

Negro just means black
    Than Blanka is the same as Negro, not white the same as negro.

No, I am not calling you a green beast that generates electricity...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    "PC is out of control and people keep shoving it down our throats!" = "I enjoy being an asshole to other people and I don't like people telling me I can't be an asshole."
    Pretty much this.
    Those who have the most to gain by complaining about PC are the ones who are scared of losing their one-sided "freedom" to be jerks.
    They want the freedom so much when it benefits them, but will then complain about it when on the receiving end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Actually, if you study the etymology of negro in US, it won't help your case.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Federal law text cleans up exactly the way as you said in the quote.
    How do you propose a clean up happens, when you ask the President from vetoing the clean up?

Did it occur to you that you are currently in the midst of "the years ahead"?
    The start of those years was the Civil Rights Act.
    We're in the progress of cleaning the law text where needed.
    If we don't do that, the text won't ever change by itself.
    Then you end up with nonsense laws like:

A motorist with criminal intentions must stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town - Washington DC

If you are found stealing soap, you must wash yourself until the bar of soap has been completely used up - Arizona State Law

It’s against the law for a woman to drive a car in Main Street unless her husband is walking in front of the car waving a red flag - Waynesboro, Virginia

Those are all laws, implemented at a time where they had some sense. Never removed, they're still there to date for some chuckle.
    Did you also know that,

Dayton, Virginia

It is unlawful for anyone to own a red or a black flag. (but then how can you help your wife drive up main street?)
    A person of color may not be oustide or within the city limits after 7 pm.
    It is legal to beat your wife so long as it is done in public on Sunday, on the courthouse steps.

Deleted
    Is it me or is it extremely simple to just run a script over all governmental laws/regulations/publications and highlight the offensive words? If you want to be thorough you can then have someone manually replace them for accuracy or automatically replace them, honestly it shouldnt take a decent computer more than a few hours to do.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Is it me or is it extremely simple to just run a script over all governmental laws/regulations/publications and highlight the offensive words? If you want to be thorough you can then have someone manually replace them for accuracy or automatically replace them, honestly it shouldnt take a decent computer more than a few hours to do.
    Anything done by the government is bound to be vastly over budget

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    I just pulled ~15000 files that were combining localized text with code, as part of the script. something far more time consuming than just replacing a couple of words. 27 minutes...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Anything done by the government is bound to be vastly over budget
    Did you know that medicare is actually far more efficient than private alternatives?

''the program (medicare) is dramatically more efficient than private insurance. Medicare spent just 1.4 percent of every dollar on administrative overhead, even including money spent to fight fraud and abuse, compared with 25 percent overhead in private plans''

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-co...87E15N20120815

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Pretty much this.
    Those who have the most to gain by complaining about PC are the ones who are scared of losing their one-sided "freedom" to be jerks.
    They want the freedom so much when it benefits them, but will then complain about it when on the receiving end of it.
    "If it doesn't offend me then it doesn't offend anyone because I am the only real person in the world who matters." -> said every asshole ever.

The whole anti-pc movement is pathetic, god forbid some people don't want to be purposely offensive to their neighbors. It is raging against a machine that doesn't actually exist just because one enjoys being in a state of perpetual outrage.