Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    That Windows 3.1 screenshot appears to be 1:1 scale. The Windows 10 screenshot is approximately 1:3 (looks to be a 1920x1080 screenshot scaled down). You were saying?
    Wanna talk about monitor inches from then to now? Go ahead and set your desktop resolution to 640x480 to get the 1:1 win 3.14 experience.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    His example doesn't have to disprove your point because I already did.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

There seem to be conflicting reports on whether or not pirates get the upgrade and/or if there are strings attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Wanna talk about monitor inches from then to now? Go ahead and set your desktop resolution to 640x480 to get the 1:1 win 3.14 experience.
    Don't need to. Even the 1:1 3.1 title bars are perfectly usable at that size on a modern screen. Current Windows bloating them up to double or triple their size serves no purpose other than to waste screen real estate or cater to touch devices. Thankfully regular users can just change a few registry keys by running regedt32. (after pinning the Run command to the Start menu first of course)

10+ Year Old Account
    That Windows 3.1 screenshot appears to be 1:1 scale. The Windows 10 screenshot is approximately 1:3 (looks to be a 1920x1080 screenshot scaled down). You were saying?

these are both running in 800x600 vm's (would have used win 7 but didnt have iso for it) please return with an image wherein you point out these massive size differences

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    There seem to be conflicting reports on whether or not pirates get the upgrade and/or if there are strings attached.
    Never a guarantee on anything when you're stealing.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

15+ Year Old Account
    I do not believe this is the last day i think this is another attempt to make us download it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't need to. Even the 1:1 3.1 title bars are perfectly usable at that size on a modern screen. Current Windows bloating them up to double or triple their size serves no purpose other than to waste screen real estate or cater to touch devices. Thankfully regular users can just change a few registry keys by running regedt32. (after pinning the Run command to the Start menu first of course)
    Dude you are so wrong about it all. The desktop installations aren't catered to touch devices. Windows 8 was more catered to touch devices admittedly. Most Windows 10 users here will vouch the same thing. Real estate is the same or less. No icons are doubling in size for anything. Everything on the OS works perfectly fine with keyboard and mouse. How about learn a thing or two and go do a correct installation of Windows 10 to see for yourself rather than spewing bullshit.

And for the love of god you don't even have to pin the run command to the damn start menu. You have so many other options of accessing it. Right clicking the start menu brings up a utility menu instead of the start menu that has the Run command on it. Windows + X will bring up this same menu. In addition, You can skip all these steps and just use Windows + R so avoid any other menus. Windows + R has been the run command for quite some time. Works on 7 too. They didn't reduce functionality of the start menu. They just took some of the options and moved it to a menu accessible by right clicking the menu rather than cluttering it all on a single menu.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2016-07-29 at 06:52 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't need to. Even the 1:1 3.1 title bars are perfectly usable at that size on a modern screen.
    FFS, you can see the 1:1 win 3.14 screenshot on windows 10 and compare the buttons on it with the ones on your BROWSER in THE SAME SCREEN SPACE. Stop this nonsense already.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post

these are both running in 800x600 vm's (would have used win 7 but didnt have iso for it) please return with an image wherein you point out these massive size differences
    Yeah it's my imagination. That's why you see stuff like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c..._say_that_the/ all over the web right? Love the example with Edge browser a bit down the page too. I noticed it when I accidentally opened a page in Edge (the Windows 10 upgrade reset all of my default applications). Everything in huge fonts with big padding space around everything which on a desktop just wastes screen real estate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's my imagination. That's why you see stuff like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c..._say_that_the/ all over the web right? Love the example with Edge browser a bit down the page too. I noticed it when I accidentally opened a page in Edge (the Windows 10 upgrade reset all of my default applications). Everything in huge fonts with big padding space around everything which on a desktop just wastes screen real estate.
    so now we have reached a point where the actual issue is that different programs are different?

[QUOTE=

Yeah offering a free upgrade to a decent OS for a year before charging for it is such a bad thing. Especially considering any big future updates to that OS are free such as Redstone.[/QUOTE]

You people keep using this free word. Huge corporations don't do things for free. Especially an OS that's usually worth a hundred or two, to millions of people.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And if you went down even further and read what you needed to read you would've seen this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...at_the/ctp05la

Which is exactly what I ALREADY TOLD YOU. Completely fixed the OP's problem. But you're too busy being ignorant rather than trying to figure out what might actually be wrong. The UI scaling isn't usually increased by default, but that's not say some factors don't cause it to do so. My TV defaults to higher scaling, for example.

The task bar size is perfectly normal. The buttons there are sized according simply to take advantage of the size it currently is, which is no bigger than Windows 7, so that your less savvy people (or anyone for that matter) aren't taking any longer than needed trying to click the damn thing.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2016-07-29 at 06:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Think Microsoft will leave Windows 7 users alone?
    Haha ... now I want this

as my "Network thing"

Damn though. Already a year on Win10.
    Seems like yesterday that I impatiently forced the upgrade via media creation tool.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Damn though. Already a year on Win10.
    Seems like yesterday that I impatiently forced the upgrade via media creation tool.
    Same boat. Upgrade notification wouldn't pop up so I forced the damn thing lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    today is the last day you wil get t upgrade to windows 10 for free, Tbh i dnt care windows 7 is better than 10 ever will be
    Enjoy the last few years of PC gaming you have left I guess. 7 already isn't supported anymore, and games are going to stop supporting it here soon enough too.
    Hence why I use 8.1, its not 10 and is still fully supported.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    You people keep using this free word. Huge corporations don't do things for free. Especially an OS that's usually worth a hundred or two, to millions of people.
    Haven't paid a penny for it yet. And if they do introduce a hidden cost I can just go back to my 8.1 OEM for absolutely nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Same boat. Upgrade notification wouldn't pop up so I forced the damn thing lol.
    I'm pretty happy with WIn10.
    Stable, quick to respond.
    UI isn't the shiniest compared to 7, and the dual settings stuff is annoying but all in all, Win10 has proven to be a great OS over the last year.
    @Button size discussion: I'd have to say that WinXPs Luna buttons easily take the cake when it comes to wasting space.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Enjoy the last few years of PC gaming you have left I guess. 7 already isn't supported anymore
    Windows 7 support does not end until 2020.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    Windows 7 support does not end until 2020.
    Security updates. Nothing more.