Horde Voice your concerns 7/29/16

*Copied from Aragoth on the beta forums.

There have been many well-written replies and feedback posts on here, including some of the very first responses on page 1 of the thread. They break things down well, and summarized the issues as it stands appear to be endgame viability in terms of maximizing damage output and not being hampered by tertiary "hybrid tax" abilities, mobility, and gap-closing. Also, the intended direction of the spec needs further commentary because when Blizzard says they want ret to be slow and dangerous due to being plate-wearers, the same ought to apply to Unholy DKs and it doesn't at all due to their movement buffs and passives.

I don't know if posting the emails of the devs on here is a punishable offense, so I'm not going to do it until I know - But I encourage people to tune in tomorrow for the livestream and try and get some answers out of them. They want to talk about Demon Hunters - this is fine, and understandable, but it's also tone-deaf when you have such a catastrophe here about a spec that is in dire need of attention and customers being ignored who may stop paying Blizzard money as a result the longer this goes on.

Tomorrow, July 29th at 11 a.m. PT is when the livestream starts. Ret players need to be on here posting their concerns, and do not devolve into all caps tirades or name-calling, as it will not only get you silenced but it reflects badly on the legitimate issues that we have right now.

Another option, as they have said, is post your questions using the #LegionQA tag.

The below link has further information:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...friday-july-29

Edit: Additionally it may be useful to have some form of live chat we could participate in to go over this, but I don't know how to manage the logistics of that.
    Last edited by Ciric-Wildhammer; 2016-07-29 at 08:41 PM.

You might want to change your title or repost with the correct date for your efforts. I doubt most people will examine a thread asking for a call to action dated over a week ago.

Agreed with person above, also maybe need hint in a title that this is the topic about Q&A livestream. Personally i took post as a post for some type of Horde issue due to Red Horde Mark in title topic XD

Deleted
    I'm not sure what anyone seriously expects to happen in all honesty. It's a vodcast about Demon Hunters, so they will only answer questions related to that. You won't be able to engineer a wall of Ret questions because the majority of people viewing the stream won't be in the slightest bit interested in that, and you know spamming will just get you removed.

What? its on demon hunters lol.
    Awkward...

Either way, what is the actual problem here? I heard Ret was gonna be trash but all I find them to be is slightly undertuned in the prepatch and fine on beta.
    You don't like the play style I suppose?
    Well that wont be changing in 7.0, so not much point in trying to start some movement over it.
    Time to try something else or adapt like everyone else.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    What? its on demon hunters lol.
    Awkward...

Either way, what is the actual problem here? I heard Ret was gonna be trash but all I find them to be is slightly undertuned in the prepatch and fine on beta.
    You don't like the play style I suppose?
    Well that wont be changing in 7.0, so not much point in trying to start some movement over it.
    Time to try something else or adapt like everyone else.
    People tried and Blizzard didn't listen, hence the people complaining, it's how it's played is the problem. The whole "Just reroll" is not an acceptable answer. I think the OP might be slightly naive in doing these questions on a Demon Hunter Q&A but it doesn't mean Ret has no problems.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    i dislike most of the "re-roll" at 100. esp. mobility issue, which is inconvienient.
    but not only sustained damage, by some smart spec ret burst (Holy Wrath + Bubble) finally could be surpreme rated.

Voice it with your subscription.

Cast unfun aside.

Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    i dislike most of the "re-roll" at 100. esp. mobility issue, which is inconvienient.
    but not only sustained damage, by some smart spec ret burst (Holy Wrath + Bubble) finally could be surpreme rated.
    I wish HW gave our abilities range, similar to Enh, since i feel like if you use Bubble/HW and person just blinks away or sprints its like giving middle finger to Ret with a smerk, you know lol?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post

Cast unfun aside.

Oh i am fed up with Ret lol, unless they add mobility to Ret (yes, i finally decided what I WANT =) yes i dc what others want its all about me lol ) i am not touching this spec, either Prot or DH

Deleted
    Personally thought Ret since the patch has felt alot more fun than for the last few years. We lost mobility yes... other classes lost more so we came out in a net gain if you look at it like that.

I wish hand of hindrance had a better animation personally, thats about all i want for ret.

There are some classes we just get kited by... but the list is fewer than before now. We can actually stand toe to toe with most melees and destroy them because self healing has been lost more most classes (including ourselves)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play DK but dabble in retribution from time to time, and I certainly understand making both of these classes not very mobile, but retribution mobility is laughably bad. For one I don't understand why a protection paladin has more mobility than a retribution paladin.

How I would fix retribution mobility is pretty simple, and you can keep them down in the moving like molasses tier like DK. You can either make their horse baseline like it is with prot, and then make the talent for the horse do basically the same thing it does for protection. Or you can just give them 15% passive movement speed like unholy DKs have, and change that god awful holy power spender that gives you 20% movement speed for up to 100 seconds if you decide to spend 5 holy power on it.

Honestly I think a passive 15% movement speed ability would be the best option, with the speed for holy power spender being redesigned to something (anything else). The horse is cool and actually fun to use, but considering it's one of two talents you can pick for mobility currently, I feel it should be a bit stronger.

I just don't see the reasoning why the specialization has to have the worst mobility. It's sad that DKs, who move as fast as a dump truck are faster. Ironically both classes being the fastest in the game when mounted for years, should probably be the slowest on the ground, but I don't see why DKs should have more options.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    Personally thought Ret since the patch has felt alot more fun than for the last few years. We lost mobility yes... other classes lost more so we came out in a net gain if you look at it like that.
    orly

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    There are some classes we just get kited by... but the list is fewer than before now
    Yeah right, except it's not.

in WoD , I could kite DKs.
    Now, DKs kite us.
    With no chance to retailate.

Deleted
    Lmao, what do you expect to happen? the livestream is focused on DH's, no one gives rats ass about your ret, the time to "revamp" classes is LONG gone. Blizzard isnt going to rework ret 1month before release lol.

Time to suck it up man.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post

Cast unfun aside.

This. If you pay them for shoddy class design, they'll just continue. Same principle as crappy movies (or anything else really).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Lmao, what do you expect to happen? the livestream is focused on DH's, no one gives rats ass about your ret, the time to "revamp" classes is LONG gone. Blizzard isnt going to rework ret 1month before release lol.

Time to suck it up man.
    Blizz doesn't even need to rework ret, we just tuning changes so our dps isn't 50% behind number 1 on simulations and they need to lower the cooldown on steed charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Myspeld View Post
    Blizz doesn't even need to rework ret, we just tuning changes so our dps isn't 50% behind number 1 on simulations and they need to lower the cooldown on steed charge.
    I could live with that till next expansion.