Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I was thinking Baltimore or Dallas with how miserable their backups did last year.
    Colts lost their backup, Giants Ryan Nassib (only 2 QBs on their roster), Falcons have Matt Schaub, Titans Matt Cassel, Saints Luke McCown, Texans Brandon Weeden, Steelers Bruce Gradkowski, 49ers starter is Blaine Gabbert, plus the teams with mid round draft pick backups. He will probably have a bunch of choices.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fitz signing with the Jets gives them the edge over the Bengals for a few reasons.

1. Jets D-Line>Bengals O-Line.
    2. Aj Green disappears when a cornerback of equal or greater calibur goes on him one-on-one (think Sherman on AJ Green during that epic Seahawks game last year.) Darelle Revis did to when the Patriots were "on to Cincinatti". He will likely do it again.
    3. FitzPatrick, Decker, and the Ex Bears are more than a match for a Burfict-less defense.

Here's to hopping Bell's suspension upholds. 0-3 is a very real possibility this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Greg Jennings retired. Can't remember him having a notable season the past couple years, but he was pretty damn good considering the quarterbacks he had at points in his career.
    He was pretty damn good because of Favre and Rodgers. Without them he was average. Cassel, Ponder, and Tannehill are not spectacular by any means and I guess he did alright considering what he had to work with, but in Green Bay he was definitely a product of the system.

Those 3 QBs above are not terrible by any means, there are certainly worse guys in the league. It amazes me that Deandre Hopkins has put up monster numbers the past couple years, I mean top 5 fantasy WR numbers. That's a guy who's a stud WR and not just a product of a good QB. Look at what he has to work with - the QB situation in Houston is a circus show and somehow he still finds a way to produce despite having trash QBs. It's not like they had a consistent run game either since Foster always misses half a season due to injury. IMO he's one of the more underrated WRs in the league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Saints will be signing Hakeem Nicks instead, probably Anquan wasn't gonna be happy with the smaller piece of the pie in the offense, he will get more targets in Detroit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in the end the Jets cave and give Fitzpatrick the 12M + 3M in incentives deal he wanted all along. So stupid.

I can only hope they permenantly damaged his motivation and he'll stink the joint up this year, cause the one weak point on the Jets was QB, without him. With him they have a functioning offense and the Jets with that defense and a working offense is trouble in the division.

- - - Updated - - -

Draw play at it's finest: Geno gets the Bad News

- - - Updated - - -

This is taking on Manziel like proportions, or possibly worse: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/758778258536013825

You always hope that someone figures it out, but with Gregory I think everyone figured he was a huge liability. To think, it could have seriously happened that the Cowboys had gotten both Manziel and him. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    John Schneider's new deal does not include opt out clause to Green Bay that his previous contract had.

Thats good.

- - - Updated - - -

Chris Clemons (DE) is calling it a career.

2016 is the year of retirement.

Andre Johnson signed a 2 year deal with the Titans. He looked kind of done last year, but I guess the Titans don't have receivers anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Andre Johnson signed a 2 year deal with the Titans. He looked kind of done last year, but I guess the Titans don't have receivers anyway.
    I saw he signed and started to think who he could tandem with there, and no names came to mind, they have a good TE...

- - - Updated - - -

Chargers still haven't signed Bosa, man those guys are idiots. How easy does something have to be before the Chargers quit fucking it up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I had to google their roster to see who their wideouts are, wow they REALLY do not have anyone at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    I had to google their roster to see who their wideouts are, wow they REALLY do not have anyone at all.
    Might be a good thing then, he could work as a teaching role for a group of young receivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Might be a good thing then, he could work as a teaching role for a group of young receivers.
    Err, could be me, but wouldn't you want your club to just sign people who can actually play, and let the coaches do the coaching? I'm not that convinced that bringing in veteran presence is any use if the guy can't actually be an asset on the field. And in that regard, I think Johnson is just done. He was bad last year, and I don;t think he had any injuries or anything to blame.

So...Jon Dorenbos (Eagles longsnapper) is on America's Got Talent doing magic and he just got through to the semi-finals with this trick....the last time the Eagles were in the Conference Championship game (Football equivalent of semi-finals)....was in 2008.

Might be the closest an Eagle will be to a semi-final game for a bit longer yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damian Wilson shot in the eye with a paintball.

Cowboys, could you stop being Cowboys for like 5 blasted minutes?

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Damian Wilson shot in the eye with a paintball.

Cowboys, could you stop being Cowboys for like 5 blasted minutes?
    This is just too funny.

On a Patriot's note (damn right, homerism all day), Brady is apparently pretty pissed at practice considering every snap precious. I fear for the Browns week 5. And on JimmyG, while it's obviously early practice his throws have been crisp and he hooked up with Bennett on one TD in 7 on 7 that was supposed to be a thing of beauty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Err, could be me, but wouldn't you want your club to just sign people who can actually play, and let the coaches do the coaching? I'm not that convinced that bringing in veteran presence is any use if the guy can't actually be an asset on the field. And in that regard, I think Johnson is just done. He was bad last year, and I don;t think he had any injuries or anything to blame.
    Then they add a hassbeen to their group of nevergonnabes.

Some of their receivers have talent but haven't done much yet. DGB was pretty raw but did OK as a rookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    This is just too funny.

On a Patriot's note (damn right, homerism all day), Brady is apparently pretty pissed at practice considering every snap precious. I fear for the Browns week 5. And on JimmyG, while it's obviously early practice his throws have been crisp and he hooked up with Bennett on one TD in 7 on 7 that was supposed to be a thing of beauty.
    but

but

what if gimmy does really good

does he start over brady?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A pic of the Steelers' training camp found its way to my facebook feed.

I'd love to buy this man a beer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    A pic of the Steelers' training camp found its way to my facebook feed.

I'd love to buy this man a beer.

Is he still alive?

I feel left out. Seahawks camp don't start till tomorrow.

Weird question, but the jigglypuff avatar discussion had me thinking... anyone remember what avatar I had when Seattle won the super bowl? Would like to get some good vibes going.

Probably could remember if I didn't change avatars so often back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders extend Reggie McKensie's contract for another four years, and cut Roy Helu jr.

Can we get some goddamn football already? I'll even take a preseason game right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Can we get some goddamn football already? I'll even take a preseason game right now.
    Hall of Fame Game Aug. 7th

Week 1 pre-season starts 11th of August through the 14th.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...reseason-games

Soon we'll get those delicious copypastas of "This is the last Sunday without Football on tv for X weeks". Going to be great.