Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Does anyone really use all those shitty chat/voice functions ?

May I ask what you mean with the shit curse have pulled on us? Isn't it like it used to be? You have a addon in your addons folder, once it gets outdated you get the option to update it and just close down the app. Isn't that what you need and what also is provided?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    How is killing their perfectly fine simple program that does the one thing it's ment to do not force feeding us their crap app that is filled with functions we asked for?

Every extra byte the app uses more than v5 client is a byte wasted on crap.
    Consolidating things into one program is more efficient and easier to maintain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    It is actually a well designed VOIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    It is actually a well designed VOIP.
    Maybe. I'd guess though most people hardly need 10 different solutions and clients.

Consolidating things into one program is more efficient and easier to maintain.
    Please tell Facebook that. Apparently they didn't get the message.

when wowaceupdater died i gave up and just did it manually. and i forget when wowaceupdater died. probably at the start of wotlk?

anyway, i tried the curse updater a couple months ago.. but in updating a bunch of addons it seemed to somehow also completely reset my settings in all of them.. so uh.. i deleted that and restored my backups.

i'm sticking to manually updating, it isn't difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaramas View Post
    Please tell Facebook that. Apparently they didn't get the message.
    Last time I checked, Facebook was a website, not a program.

You don´t want software that does many things and still install windows or mac os?
    The curse app will be you smallest problem.

But I envy you. Your life must be nearly perfect if you can enrage yourself over something this trivial.

They merged Curse App for addons with Curse Voice? For me, thats a welcome change as I actively use them both. Or what exactly you mean by the "shit they are throwing on us"?

Deleted
    So with the bullshit Curse has decided to pull on us, it has became evident that we need a new program to manage AddOn updating.

Is there any program that could perform soon-to-be-dead Curse Client's function of checking updates from either Curse or WoWInterface and download and unpack the updates from there?
    It's called manual updating, just unzip the addons into the correct folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Last time I checked, Facebook was a website, not a program.
    He's talking about their mobile app- which split into Facebook and Facebook Messenger while removing messaging functionality from the core app.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    My kid and his friends use it and never seem to have any issues at all.

How is killing their perfectly fine simple program that does the one thing it's ment to do not force feeding us their crap app that is filled with functions we asked for?

Every extra byte the app uses more than v5 client is a byte wasted on crap.
    Streamlining? Everything being under one client is easier to manage and maintain. I don't want the battle.net app because there's bytes of wasted data used on other things i'm not interested in /s. It's ridiculous, put your dummy back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I must've missed something. My Curse Client is still working and it is still available in two clicks from the curse front page. Can anyone explain what is going on?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I must've missed something. My Curse Client is still working and it is still available in two clicks from the curse front page. Can anyone explain what is going on?
    Curse is killing off Curse Client soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    They didn't indicate it being an immediate process.
    It will likely involve updates to the current client to "inform" players about the transition.
    At some point they will likely turn off the server side support for the old client.

Whether there will be an upgrade route from the existing client, or a fresh install remains to be seen.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-29 at 07:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Curse is killing off Curse Client soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They didn't indicate it being an immediate process.
    It will likely involve updates to the current client to "inform" players about the transition.
    At some point they will likely turn off the server side support for the old client.

Whether there will be an upgrade route from the existing client, or a fresh install remains to be seen.
    Hmm, that is silly. I sort of agree with OP, but hopefully all the bloat of the new program can be disabled.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    If curse client has value as a discovery or rating tool then it'll stand on its own merit. If people don't want to learn how git/svn/hg work then they can rely on it to abstract away the parts of the problem they don't want to understand. We don't need some new application, the OP just needs to learn how to use the technologies that form the foundation of the application he or she dislikes.
    There is also functionality of the current client I bet a lot of players do not use, especially the ones obsessed with the "bloat" argument.
    Syncing between multiple installs, a subscriber only feature.
    Support for other games - Runes of Magic, Rift, Skyrim, World of Tanks.
    Addon pack creator for UI compilations.
    Plus more.

Isn't that a lot of wasted "bytes" too, but something they continued to use regardless.

Use the client if it does what you want it to.
    Is it already likely doing some stuff you don't require.

I personally read the update notes on quite a few addons before I update them.
    So go through the updating one by one, which as a non-subscriber I have to do anyway via that client.
    Though I will take a look at using something like GIT once I am more sure as to which addons I want to use.
    Something that is very much in flux at the moment.

Bookmarking your post for future reference also, so thank you for that.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-30 at 02:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

He's talking about their mobile app- which split into Facebook and Facebook Messenger while removing messaging functionality from the core app.
    That and the App for photos that seems to be in the pipeline.

It's here!

(A bit) memory hungry

Curse Client vs Curse App.