Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Movie] The Great Wall.

The Great Wall - Official Trailer - In Theaters February 2017 (HD)

Legendary
    Jul 28, 2016

The Great Wall - In Theaters February 17, 2017
    http://www.thegreatwallmovie.com

Starring global superstar Matt Damon and directed by one of the most breathtaking visual stylists of our time, Zhang Yimou (Hero, House of Flying Daggers), Legendary’s The Great Wall tells the story of an elite force making a valiant stand for humanity on the world’s most iconic structure. The first English-language production for Yimou is the largest film ever shot entirely in China. The Great Wall also stars Jing Tian, Pedro Pascal, Willem Dafoe and Andy Lau.
    Anyways, here's some information that explains some more about the movie

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture...-movie-mindset

'The Great Wall' trailer: China-US film reflects international movie mindset

A new trailer for the upcoming movie 'The Great Wall' has been released. The film stars actors including Matt Damon, Andy Lau, Jing Tian, and Willem Dafoe.

By Molly Driscoll, Staff writer JULY 28, 2016

New information about the upcoming movie “The Great Wall,” which stars Matt Damon, Hong Kong star Andy Lau, Chinese actress Jing Tian, and Willem Dafoe, has been released, as importance continues to be placed on a film’s international performance.

A new trailer shows some kind of battle sequence taking place on the Wall and Mr. Damon in armor and carrying arrows, among other images, shedding light on the film's story.

“Wall,” which will be released this coming February in the United States and is directed by Zhang Yimou of the 2014 movie “Coming Home,” is a collaboration between Legendary Entertainment (an American studio which was purchased by China’s Dalian Wanda Group Co. earlier this year), China Film Group, and Le Vision Pictures, a Chinese company.

Director Zhang said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that the movie has many features of familiar Hollywood movies but that it includes elements of Chinese culture with which American audiences might not be familiar.

“First and foremost, this is an English-language film, and a Hollywood blockbuster," Zhang said. "It was already very clear in the script phase. This is a Hollywood monster movie and needs to be made in that style. I don’t want to change that approach, and there’s no need to do that. What I really want is to bring Chinese color and cultural background to the worldwide audience through a film language that they are familiar with.”

Le Vision chief executive officer Zhang Zhao said in an interview with the Hollywood Reporter that in collaborating on “Wall,” he wanted to show that Hollywood and China teaming up is the future.

“China also has a very deep cultural heritage, with myths and classic stories that haven't been visualized and shared with the world yet,” Mr. Zhang said. “Hollywood is the strongest center of movie production. So, if we work together, we can really enhance the cinematic experience for everyone.”

International box office performance is being watched carefully by industry insiders these days. American blockbusters, such as this spring’s “Captain America: Civil War,” often open in other countries days before they arrive in the US. And international grosses could even change a film's future. While the American box office for the 2013 film “Pacific Rim” was not viewed as a home run, a sequel to the movie starring John Boyega is now moving forward. Many are crediting the movie’s international box office statistics as making that possible.

Following “Pacific” scoring the largest-ever movie opening in China for studio Warner Bros., Deadline writer Nikki Finke wrote, “I’ve just learned that momentum is building for a ‘Pacific Rim’ sequel based on the international box office for the Legendary Pictures/Warner Bros summer tentpole.”

Little did they know is that there is no wall high enough for this particular internet horde that was unleashed upon them..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-12-18 at 05:22 PM.

I don't know what all the complaining was about, but I will say that the movie looks like it might be entertaining. However, Matt Damon does look out of place in the movie. Perhaps a less recognized person would have been a better choice?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I don't know what all the complaining was about, but I will say that the movie looks like it might be entertaining. However, Matt Damon does look out of place in the movie. Perhaps a less recognized person would have been a better choice?
    Apparently it's some elite small army that holds that part of the wall, where monsters try to break through, I suppose matt is some hired elite warrior or something, since China needs some tough dudes to hold the wall. Less recognized person would probably make the movie a harder sell, maybe.

Heh, I'm getting MoP vibe with the Mantid n the Shadopan.

Did they build the wall to stop Mongolians that were riding komodo dragons from getting into china?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think your first mistake is expecting anything other than idiocy out of a youtube comments section. No matter the video, it is always nothing but garbage. I would say less than 1% of the videos I have seen on youtube have anything in the comments worth reading. It is always the most hate-filled collection of idiots on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Did they build the wall to stop Mongolians that were riding komodo dragons from getting into china?
    Seems to be a straight up monster movie.

Irl wall was several walls between warring chinese city-states and once united, combined them into one huge wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Seems to be a straight up monster movie.

Irl wall was several walls between warring chinese city-states and once united, combined them into one huge wall.
    Yeah defiantly a monster movie, Just my joke that the monters look like komodo dragons from the brief look we got.

Deleted
    Yeah defiantly a monster movie, Just my joke that the monters look like komodo dragons from the brief look we got.
    Monsters in movie r based on Chinese folklore n stuff, maybe there is some concept-art n stills I can find. I have to check.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd never heard of this until they played it before Jason Bourne last night - it sucks people are downvoting it because of Trump but I was very unimpressed by the tailer. Doesn't look very good at all to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Heh, I'm getting MoP vibe with the Mantid n the Shadopan.
    Yeah..that's not a bad thing to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd think Trump fans would love this movie... It's about building a giant wall to keep bad guys out! That's their jam!

Anyway, it looks pretty good. I like the idea, I like monster films and I love Zhang Yimou. Although it does look a little "Hollywood" compared to his usual stuff. But I guess with it being a teamup, you can really fault them for it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    and the Mongole did conquered China.....so the wall was a big failure.

So Ancient Chinese team up with Romans(??) to fight a monster that they had to build a wall for? Sounds silly, but I'm in.

I think it would be funny if the monster were orange and had funny hair.

This will either be as bad as Keanu Reeves in "47 Ronin," or damn good.

Considering the odds/ratio that Damon stars in a bad movie versus the good movies he's been in, he's probably due for a stinker soon.

But I hope not.
    I want to see how this translates to a good fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Somehow I don't think this movie is about fighting off the Mongorians. So it not being historically accurate is fine. PC people will bitch about anything.

Ser Arthur Dayne is posting about the great wall, and it's the one in China he's talking about, i have to admit it's a tiny bit disappointing. D:

15+ Year Old Account
    It has Matt Damon in it. It has to be good. Never seen a bad movie where he is around!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It has Matt Damon in it. It has to be good. Never seen a bad movie where he is around!
    elysium?

/10 char

15+ Year Old Account
    elysium?

/10 char
    Oh crap, you are right.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

elysium?

/10 char
    Elysium wasn't that bad, wasn't great though.

edit: But he has had his share of bad movies

Zero Theorum
    We Bought A Zoo
    Jersey Girl
    Last edited by Feredir; 2016-07-30 at 07:07 PM.