Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am very curious how they could implement XP for role playing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Joycrow View Post
    -A lot less quest but far more meaningful and rewarding ones

-More things grant experience, such as Crafting, world objectives, and roles playing.

-Less profession levels to reduce time needed to progress a profession so its easier to catch up to the players level. You can upgrade your profession schematics the more you make the item, allowing your dedication to your profession to give you distinction.

-There is a cooldown for flying mounts. To encourage it to be used only for long distance travels and not for skipping content.

So you want less content (quests), faster leveling, and easier professions... but FLIGHT should be on a cooldown to avoid skipping things. (eyeroll)

Most of these are really out of touch. Trying to pander to yet ANOTHER audience with these ideas is just going to ruin the game further.

Listen to me, the only thing that can "save" wow is if we all band together and force ANYONE who complains about this game to have their account and main character attached.

The game is not in any way in a bad state especially now that WoD was over. The only reason it seems that way is because casuals who don't even PLAY the game, let alone do anything serious within it, continually make comments about irrelevant shit like flying and leveling. Or, my favorite, say "There is nothing to do in the game" when they have 8k achievement points.

The best thing that could happen to WoW is all these people quit and actually stop talking about the game when they do, but that wont happen.

Its a shame to see how often this happens too, but as you can see just in this original post, so many people think they know whats wrong with the game then suggest or point out completely pointless things.

If you don't like it, then stop talking about it. You will do more for the game by shutting up then Blizzard or anyone else could ever hope for.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I don't know how did you managed that, but most of your suggestions are nightmarish delirium. People would quit at once due to boredom and grind.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I love it when people make sub numbers up from their imaginations and toss them around like it is a fact. People have returned to the game to prepare for legion (you are not prepared!) and are doing that last push to gear up and level Alts or get a raid boss down. People always leave at end tier. It is the normal ebb and flow of the game.
    I hate people making up numbers as well. Don't they have anything better to do? But we are in a flow part right now which should continue for the next 2-3 months. I can tell by the way that gold for subscription prices have gone through the roof that this indicates approx 5.2 million people playing the game right now. If prices keep improving, I project 8 million players in 10 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Sorry so much to everyone for the late reply. I've been busy with work all week and havent got the chance to read any of the replies. I'll try to read all of them and make general response to trends of questions that I notice. If anything specific sticks out I'll answer that personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I don't know how did you managed that, but most of your suggestions are nightmarish delirium. People would quit at once due to boredom and grind.
    You should note the success of Nostalrius, a vanilla wow server, was happening while world of warcraft live was falling apart. As far as I remember Vanilla WoW is quite grindy. But people liked it for the adventure of it.

There was a lot of things people could grind but it was still a pretty open ended game people could spend time with with their friends.

This design focus entirely to accomplish that.

Without feeling streamlined into a marginal suggested content and not level not mattering as much as it used to people are free to explore what's always mattered in the game which is making friends, going on an adventure, and feeling part of the world.

Besides it's actually not long to level.

Since enemies are way stronger their experience rewards are ridiculous. Killing an enemy grants like 1 bar of experience in level 20.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    ... Wait what?? Role Playing?? What?? O.o You came to the wrong neighborhood kid xD

Also having 20 raids is gonna destroy how we do raiding. Its just gonna end up with a lot of raids going unused, yet supported with server space. Huge waste of money for blizz, which is why no other game does this.

You are really asking for a completly different game here. This is not small fixes, it is a major rework of the entire game. Putting in RP is just dump, since you can't control it. That is what is mostly great about it, since Blizz has no hand in it.

I agree with some of your overall concepts, like making expansions not destroy previous content and by having stronger monsters throughout the game, but some of your things are simply way too far from the game currents route
    But they don't seem like a far fetched fixes unatainble by the game. I feel like if the game just decided to go towards a different direction, this could actually be done without too much extensive rework of the system.

I don't see what would be wrong with the role playing system. WoW is an MMO-RPG, mmo-rpg's run on players socializing while while following their role playing adventure. Blizzard has just been to shy about that and kind of ruined the purpose of the game.

Basically recently all WoW has been about is to log in due to it's reputation and somehow this game is supposed to entertain you when really it's not doing much. I don't have a lot to make real life comparissons to it, but that would be similar to North Korea >.>.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2016-07-29 at 08:36 PM.

Sorry so much to everyone for the late reply. I've been busy with work all week and havent got the chance to read any of the replies. I'll try to read all of them and make general response to trends of questions that I notice. If anything specific sticks out I'll answer that personally.

- - - Updated - - -

You should note the success of Nostalrius, a vanilla wow server, was happening while world of warcraft live was falling apart. As far as I remember Vanilla WoW is quite grindy. But people liked it for the adventure of it.

There was a lot of things people could grind but it was still a pretty open ended game people could spend time with with their friends.

This design focus entirely to accomplish that.

Without feeling streamlined into a marginal suggested content and not level not mattering as much as it used to people are free to explore what's always mattered in the game which is making friends, going on an adventure, and feeling part of the world.

Besides it's actually not long to level.

Since enemies are way stronger their experience rewards are ridiculous. Killing an enemy grants like 1 bar of experience in level 20.

- - - Updated - - -

But they don't seem like a far fetched fixes unatainble by the game. I feel like if the game just decided to go towards a different direction, this could actually be done without too much extensive rework of the system.

I don't see what would be wrong with the role playing system. WoW is an MMO-RPG, mmo-rpg's run on players socializing while while following their role playing adventure. Blizzard has just been to shy about that and kind of ruined the purpose of the game.

Basically recently all WoW has been about is to log in due to it's reputation and somehow this game is supposed to entertain you when really it's not doing much. I don't have a lot to make real life comparissons to it, but that would be similar to North Korea >.>.
    Yeah Nost is going great atm isn't it? Oh wait...

Deleted
    Game needs more than a few fixes to be honest.

all good ideas I personally think heirlooms should cease to give a bonus to experience and in return exploration XP doubled. Rested Xp lasts twice as long, accumulates twice as fast.

If I was blizzard I would of doubled some sources of xp or made new sources of xp a long time ago and never introduced heirloom gear.

A change that is desperately needed is the last boss or any of the bosses in low level dungeons shouldnt die in under 50 seconds. Dungeons are mindless now below level cap.

I don't know I think some of the raids will serve as practice raids for the harder ones, and get weaker but valuable gear for the harder ones.

Not all raid difficulties are the same so the assortment will provide opportunities for a wide variety of raiders without having players grind the same raids for months.

There will be some raids of a similar levels and paragon requirement, which also solves variety of raids to try while progressing as to just having to grind one raid for a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah Nost is going great atm isn't it? Oh wait...
    It was shut down lmao. It didnt close on itself it was illegal so was closed by blizz.

I don't know I think some of the raids will serve as practice raids for the harder ones, and get weaker but valuable gear for the harder ones.

Not all raid difficulties are the same so the assortment will provide opportunities for a wide variety of raiders without having players grind the same raids for months.

There will be some raids of a similar levels and paragon requirement, which also solves variety of raids to try while progressing as to just having to grind one raid for a year.

- - - Updated - - -

It was shut down lmao. It didnt close on itself it was illegal so was closed by blizz.
    It kind of did because dumbasses on the server kept publicizing it and bringing the popularity of it into Blizzards eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Save the game from what? Is WoW dying?

If there's something we can learn from WoW is that people hate drastic changes...
    WoW players have been sticking out to drastic changes since vanilla and they've stuck with the game even when they didn't like, for a long long time. It goes to show the player bases loyalty.

Imagine how those same players would react to changes that actually help them play the game more.

I remember every blizzcon there isn't a single major change that people eventually thought was shit when they announced it. All I remembered was cheering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Game needs more than a few fixes to be honest.
    I think the general problem is Blizzard is in a deficit of creativity because Blizzard likes to play this game of politics with their player base and their actually pretty terrible at playing it.

Blizzard wants to cater to their audience, but lack the capacity to negotiate with their player base without being bullied.

There is this rule in negotiation to focus on interest, not position.

Basically instead of being stuck on players complaints. Blizzard needs to think more about how the game is actually supposed to be played and what purpose the game actually tries to accomplish. Like friendships, adventure, role playing, etcetara. Instead of being in a mexican standoff with player complaints, and keeping the game as it is because of player threats, blizzard needed to focus on creating ways for those players to actually play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It kind of did because dumbasses on the server kept publicizing it and bringing the popularity of it into Blizzards eyes.
    That's alright, but blizz could learn a lesson or two from nostralius.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    While your intend is laudable, what does "more meaningful and rewarding" mean?
    Well there is a lot of quest that just seem a bit self important. Like go to a hill, or fetch me a book. Instead of making marginal steps like that look way more important that it actually is, quest chains will only consist of major game story lines. They will also be overhauled to be more investigative and difficult, but the rewards for completing them range from half a level or a one whole level. So it's not grindy at all.

Its going to take more than a few fixes.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

also they were not getting enough donations to keep themselves up, the amount needed monthly to keep it up, they had to put money into it, not enough donations were coming in...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Winrarw View Post
    I don't want less quests, I want more quests that are interesting, also quests being more rewarding would mean they give better rewards, which sucks because quests are not end game, leveling should be enjoyable but not rewarding (I don't know if I'm clear :/)
    I didn't clarify it too much but what I meant was Quest would only be reserved for important storylines as to simple things like go on top of the hill and try to make it look self important. The xp rewards for them are massive like 1 whole level and give great gold and item rewards.

But it can take a while to accomplish some quest. Some of them could require some personal investigations of your own, which would of course give experience rewards just for discoveries.

-Training system that lets you practice abilities and rotations for experience.
    That's called a Dummy Target and it exists already, theres also the new class trial that lets you try the basics of a class before boosting one
    Yes but it sorts out the fundamental things that could matter to a player. You need experience getting your strategy right so why not let people get experience for them.

The quest will also teach you tricks and tell you reasons why its beneficial to do certain things with the ability. It also puts the players more complex situations than the training dummy and teaches them what to do. The quest are available from class trainers. Players could possibly even pay for them after the first lesson.

That idea seems horrible to me, first having only 5 a day means that either they are extremely short and you log on 10mn every day then log off (once the launch hype and content has died obviously) or they are extremely long and they become a tedious progress like the MoP dailies that took hours to do and were just mindless, the World quests system sounds a lot better to me.
    It's not how you think it is >.>. But the numbers could probably go a lot higher. Maybe 5 job per zone, and like 6 zones per day. The main idea was that people would actually stick to their job in the zone. But maybe when you think of it a day was probably a bad idea. Maybe it would be a better idea to say 5 jobs at a time, and then when you decide your finished your job, your go collect your pay for how much of the job you did and then move on to another job.

-Role Playing system: Let the player develop self interest and build a sense of belonging in the world. As the player explore the world the player will discover interest, such as killing wolves, collecting elf ears, or buffing npc's. Players can explore these interest for title's and transmog's and also grants experience.
    That's not roleplaying, if you want to roleplay just roleplay, that's just a mindless system other mmos have invented to try and simulate an alive world, killing 30 wolves and then seeing "you now know how to kill wolves efficiently" doesnt make me belong in the world.
    That is role playing, the definition just started to mean that in world of warcraft. It might not for you, but it doesn't mean it wouldn't for others. That's why you develop interest lol. Blizz don't hand out interest for you you find your own, and there should be tons of them. It's not fucking manipulation, it's interest.

Edit: Added color because it was hard to read
    Edit2: Changed color because teal hurts eyes
    [/QUOTE]

lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    I really like flying mount idea but this could never work out because people that buy store mounts could never be able to use them for 100% so this would decrease sells so bad for Blizzards business etc, so not going to happen.
    Well Blizzard needs to get it's priorities straight. They need to focus on how the game is actually going to get played and not just player complaints. Behind a player's complaints is a player wanting to play the game. So they should focus on that. If the player doesn't want to play the game then that's not really too much on Blizzards territory or atleast the Dev team. Well their gonna have to sacriface that money or maybe sell more land mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    Quests are the worst thing that happened to any mmorpg.
    Thats arguable. I think what you may be referring to is linear questing.

Quests that sent you out in the world like World quests are doing in Legion is an example of good questing imo.

Quests that send you to one area, then the next area, then the next are, rinse and repeat, is an example of bad questing.

I have one single hope for world quests in the future, and its that they eventually apply it to all of azeroth. There are so many zones in WoW that are beautiful but are hardly ever visited because they dont offer anything. I really want to see them integrate old zones into an expansion and with world quests now being a thing in WoW, I really have hope that it will happen. They said they are thinking about it, but I really want that to happen. It would actually make the World in World of Warcraft make sense.

If the game needs saving at all, it's from the army of Jay alts and sockpuppets.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Thats arguable. I think what you may be referring to is linear questing.

Quests that sent you out in the world like World quests are doing in Legion is an example of good questing imo.

Quests that send you to one area, then the next area, then the next are, rinse and repeat, is an example of bad questing.

I have one single hope for world quests in the future, and its that they eventually apply it to all of azeroth. There are so many zones in WoW that are beautiful but are hardly ever visited because they dont offer anything. I really want to see them integrate old zones into an expansion and with world quests now being a thing in WoW, I really have hope that it will happen. They said they are thinking about it, but I really want that to happen. It would actually make the World in World of Warcraft make sense.
    The issue I have with that is the level difference.
    Scaling of all the game content doesn't work, because of the difficulty progression that comes outside of simply bigger numbers.
    There is an increase in variety and complexity of abilities used by NPC's in-line with level increases.
    Are players in Dun Morogh having to encounter mobs with abilities you are meant to interrupt ?
    No, because players are not expected to have the tools to deal with those mechanics.
    Scaling the player down or the mobs up is not going to replicate a similar experience to a level 110 zone with a "natively" level 110 player.

I think there is room for bracketed scaling of zones, with upper and lower brackets.
    To reduce outleveling the content of a zone.
    But I can't really see how world quests and the requirement for full range scaling required would really work well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'm gonna try to give an in depth explanation for this later, but it is my opinion that the WoW community doesn't know what its talking about. A lot of the response I've been getting are just so self important. Game design doesn't matter because it is "this way or that way" game design is about how the game is suppose to be designed to engage players and get them to experience some fun, some emotion, some sense of intrigue, wonder. How the fuck are you gonna design a game with thinking like that. That's not fucking creative, that's egotistical idiotry >.>, weak empathy, and piss poor negotiation and relationship skill.

You don't make art like that.

The whole game play is a means to an end, but a means to an end for nothing. There's no more adventure, no more socializing, not even role playing, the game has lost its cause.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2016-07-30 at 04:22 AM.

Literally the only thing worth reading in this post was the part about there being less profession levels. They could really use a bit of that. Other than that... this is pretty much a massive heap of bull imo. Not to mention - WoW doesn't need saving.