Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    5 years from now when it is determined that "black' is offensive, we'll have to spend another few million dollars to remove that word too. Colloquialisms come and go, thus indicating the silliness of this endeavor.

Source for how much it's going to cost them to use ctrl+f.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Why are we blaming Obama for this? This law would've had to pass both Republican-controlled wings of legislature to even get to his desk. If you're angry about this law, you should vote for Hillary.
    Why are we still talking about this topic. It should have ended with Chrth's on point response.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Unless there were some other stuff in the bill the Republicans wanted.
    That's how you get laws passed.

Don't some people consider "black" offensive? Now they use the awkward, overly-generalizing, and technically incorrect phrase "people of color" which is ironically just a stones throw from "colored people".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    its a law thats dumb and alot of people will break, just cos its illegal or punishable doesnt mean shit, i mean its illegal to download music and movies but people still do it, millions of people download music off youtube lol
    Do you ever even read the threads you respond to?
    OT: Good. Having shit like "Negro" and "Oriental" as descriptors in official Federal documents and forms is plain embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    god forbid some people don't want to be purposely offensive to their neighbors..
    Who said anything about that? If they wanted to be purposely offensive to their neighbor there are some obvious words to use. Oriental and Negro are not really one of them. Even if someone used the word and another took offense, the person using it wasn't intending to be offensive. They're just old fashioned classifications.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Don't some people consider "black" offensive? Now they use the awkward, overly-generalizing, and technically incorrect phrase "people of color" which is ironically just a stones throw from "colored people".
    Sure. And some people find the term "human" or "he/she" offensive too, doesn't mean its the norm or whats to be expected of the average person.
    Black is the preferred term generally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Who said anything about that? If they wanted to be purposely offensive to their neighbor there are some obvious words to use. Oriental and Negro are not really one of them. Even if someone used the word and another took offense, the person using it wasn't intending to be offensive. They're just old fashioned classifications.
    If you aren't older than 65-70 and you say negro or oriental, you deserve to get punched and probably will.

So what happens if you are from negros oriental?

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Sure. And some people find the term "human" or "he/she" offensive too, doesn't mean its the norm or whats to be expected of the average person.
    Black is the preferred term generally.

- - - Updated - - -

If you aren't older than 65-70 and you say negro or oriental, you deserve to get punched and probably will.
    Its all about context, no word is bad. If we are to believe words can be bad regardless of context then we might as well believe in Noah's Arc too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Its all about context, no word is bad. If we are to believe words can be bad regardless of context then we might as well believe in Noah's Arc too.

No duh. Context isn't something you have to explain to a normal person, though I understand this is the internet

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post

Too bad we can't push to replace white with privileged american.

I dont know if any comic has ever had such a brilliant grasp of language as Carlin, that guy was truly gifted.

So wait, you're telling me this law pass the Republican controlled House and Senate?

OUTRAGEOUS! HOW DARE REPUBLICANS BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SENDING THIS HORRIBLE BILL BY PASSING IT IN BOTH HOUSES! I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW REPUBLICANS HAVE BECOME SO PC, IT'S TRULY, TRULY OUTRAGEOUS!

I mean, sorry, I think I blacked out for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Awww, did someone violate your safe space and hurt your feelings? Fight that SJW fight!
    Dude my "safe place" is called reality. A place that SJW apologists like yourself have never been in.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    "PC is out of control and people keep shoving it down our throats!" = "I enjoy being an asshole to other people and I don't like people telling me I can't be an asshole."
    "PC is out of control and people keep shoving it down our throats!" = "I enjoy being an asshole to other people and I don't like people telling me I can't be an asshole."= "I can't understand how everyone making demands that every little word is offensive except when they refer to white people is a stupid thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Why the hell does someone deserve to be physically attacked for using an antiquated phrase?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So wait, you're telling me this law pass the Republican controlled House and Senate?

OUTRAGEOUS! HOW DARE REPUBLICANS BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SENDING THIS HORRIBLE BILL BY PASSING IT IN BOTH HOUSES! I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW REPUBLICANS HAVE BECOME SO PC, IT'S TRULY, TRULY OUTRAGEOUS!

I mean, sorry, I think I blacked out for a second.
    I only see 2 laws introduced by Grace Meng that have passed house and senate and neither were this law.

https://www.congress.gov/member/grac...d%22%7D&page=3

Also I definitely won't take this woman seriously considering she is trying to pass a law to make it mandatory for employers to provide tampons and maxi pads to women at work. Yeah no that's something you provide yourself.

Edit:

The majority of this woman's legislation seems to be all about menstruation. Get a life Grace Meng.

Deleted
    Wait, oriental is offensive?

I have Asian relatives and that's the first I've heard of this.

Asians the are most racist people on the planet. They don't give a shit if we call them Orientals. They call us far worse.

In the big wide world grown ups accept it and deal with it. Obama and his SJW apologists have not learnt that basic lesson yet. Their parents have done them and now us a serious disservice by not raising them properly.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I'm sure Indian and Redskin will be allowed to remain though, right?
    i get Redskin but why is Indian bad?
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...