Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Well that's a bit of a stretch. You're implying by focus on one's personal happiness that somehow they're being "selfish"? Sorry, but that's garbage think. As far as when you're 60, well, that's when you find someone to hang with in a more persistent manner, as you're not likely to be out banging anyhow.
    I think it was a fair question, because that's the kind of vibe those some messages gave. That nothing that doesn't bring profit and has risks, isn't worth anything. And that everything should go his way only, screw everything else. It's just what it seemed like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I think it was a fair question, because that's the kind of vibe those some messages gave. That nothing that doesn't bring profit and has risks, isn't worth anything. And that everything should go his way only, screw everything else. It's just what it seemed like.
    I certainly didn't mean to imply that people shouldn't choose the marriage/family/kids/suburbs route if they wanted to. Certainly they should have that right. Different strokes, right?

As for the "when I'm 60" question: it's an annoying one, because I get asked it alot. But as you asked it in good faith and with sincerity, here goes:

I don't really care. I've always preferred to be by myself. Except of course when I'm at work or getting laid. I read, and read, and read. Two of the three bedrooms of my home are effectively libraries, given all the books I own. I always tell mom it was her fault because she told me that when she was pregnant with me, she prayed that I would love to read because it would help me do good in school. Well, He answered and then some. I'll never be able to read everything there is to read.

Yes I'm aware of the Twilight Zone episode that is probably a relevant reference here. God bless Burgess Meredith ( I think he was the actor in that).

I know it's hard for lots of people to comprehend, but I simply don't give a sht about socializing unless I'm trying to bang someone. As for the question of when I'm 60 and I realize I have no close personal attachments, my answer is simple:

So?

my parents are pretty much the only ones i know that are still married. these days people just rush into things.. getting married/getting kids etc. it doesn't last.
    pretty much every friend i have around my age are a single parent. it doesn't mean they are shit parent's it just means that people aren't really staying with eachother that long. it just means there's more to explore for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    There was no such "vibe" from his message. Misery makes for bad company. Ensuring one's own happiness ensures the happiness of those one brings into their life later. There certainly are times when the well-being of others should come first, but happiness is not one of those cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    So....if a person is thinking about cleaning up their life, they're more apt to clean up their life?

Jee ya know, when I think about going hiking, I'm more likely to actually go, ya know, HIKING!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That's brutal dude. You're with with no kids and not married? I mean sure you can probably scratch together an existence but a normal man would be much more content with a wife and kids to support him.
    A wife can support you, that i'll say, but kids just destroy your wallet, relationship, and soul.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

I guess you think more youth committing crimes is better then? Obviously marriage is important as the article clearly details.
    There could be self-selection here. The people who want to be married and think about being married (ie thinking about the future) are less likely to commit crime as criminals tend to be impulsive, among other things.

Marriage is still good

That's brutal dude. You're with with no kids and not married? I mean sure you can probably scratch together an existence but a normal man would be much more content with a wife and kids to support him.
    Not married/no kids = "not normal"? You sound a bit like them religious nutjobs.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Not married/no kids = "not normal"? You sound a bit like them religious nutjobs.
    Tennisface amazes me on how she can be both far left and far right at the same time.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I certainly didn't mean to imply that people shouldn't choose the marriage/family/kids/suburbs route if they wanted to. Certainly they should have that right. Different strokes, right?

As for the "when I'm 60" question: it's an annoying one, because I get asked it alot. But as you asked it in good faith and with sincerity, here goes:

I don't really care. I've always preferred to be by myself. Except of course when I'm at work or getting laid. I read, and read, and read. Two of the three bedrooms of my home are effectively libraries, given all the books I own. I always tell mom it was her fault because she told me that when she was pregnant with me, she prayed that I would love to read because it would help me do good in school. Well, He answered and then some. I'll never be able to read everything there is to read.

Yes I'm aware of the Twilight Zone episode that is probably a relevant reference here. God bless Burgess Meredith ( I think he was the actor in that).

I know it's hard for lots of people to comprehend, but I simply don't give a sht about socializing unless I'm trying to bang someone. As for the question of when I'm 60 and I realize I have no close personal attachments, my answer is simple:

So?
    Fair enough. I just hope it will continue working for you. Regrets are no fun if they hit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Jokes on them. I never intend to get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I love crime.
    The sexy kind?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    Tennisface amazes me on how she can be both far left and far right at the same time.
    Horseshoe theory, its been proven again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    why would any sane Guy ever marry and risk losing everything for a stupid Bitch ?
    It shows why you haven't been able to get married when you view women as being "stupid bitches".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Not really. I mean, I suppose it depends where you live but I'm sure there's a good deal fewer Somali pirates than there are bat-shit women. I myself will likely never even be in the same state as a Somali pirate, but if I'm in the room with more than two women, there's a good chance one of them is bat-shit.
    There is a lot of bat-shit men as well. Doesn't mean we should all lock ourselves in our houses and avoid contact with people. Many bat-shit women - find a non-bat-shit one.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Wrong. Most successful people are married.
    Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Barrack Obama, PM Justin Trudeau etc etc.

Meanwhile you have the single delinquents, many who are in prisons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    There is a lot of bat-shit men as well. Doesn't mean we should all lock ourselves in our houses and avoid contact with people. Many bat-shit women - find a non-bat-shit one.
    Meh. It's like going to the market to buy apples and finding that most of them are rotten. It's just not worth sorting through the bad ones to find the good ones.

Wrong. Most successful people are married.
    Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Barrack Obama, PM Justin Trudeau etc etc.

Meanwhile you have the single delinquents, many who are in prisons.
    At some point, reality is going to kick you in your lady parts. News flash, kiddo: Those people aren't successful because they're married. They're married because they're successful.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree, marriage is fundamental and important. The family is THE pillar of society.

It needs to be strengthened and revitalized. Divorce rates are a (inter?)national crsis.

People need to stop whoring around and save up their love for the right person. Being promiscuous is not a good thing. It's very very damaging to your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I agree, marriage is fundamental and important. The family is THE pillar of society.

It needs to be strengthened and revitalized. Divorce rates are a (inter?)national crsis.

People need to stop whoring around and save up their love for the right person. Being promiscuous is not a good thing. It's very very damaging to your life.
    Great post. It's so sad to see people in their 50s - 60s all lonely and depressed because they thought it was wise to just play the field and not get tied down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Great post. It's so sad to see people in their 50s - 60s all lonely and depressed because they thought it was wise to just play the field and not get tied down.
    Shame on those horrible people for living life in a way that makes them happy! Older people can still find love. The fact that you place so much value on marriage and a family just shows how little real-world experience you actually have.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post

Maybe in the current society. That's not to say that marriage is the one and only answer.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Many NBA players credit marriage and children with improved play. I'm sure it will have a good effect on your life too.
    Yeah, I bet the Black Mamba's divorce did wonders for the LA Lakers.