Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaphaze View Post
    Again, the "just spec into the active abilities in the talent tree" argument is still silly. some (most, for some classes) are balanced so poorly that they're not viable or significantly lower in power than the passives next to it. Saying "well you can have more abilities" doesn't mean we will in any competitive environment.
    If you are talking about "poor balance" and "competitive" i hope you actually played on level 110. Because otherwise it's just silly. Classes aren't that bad on Beta atm and we still got 30 days for final touches. Stop acting like it's that bad because it isn't. It'll actually be a better start for an xpack than WoD (or MoP) was.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Morkrul View Post
    If you are talking about "poor balance" and "competitive" i hope you actually played on level 110. Because otherwise it's just silly. Classes aren't that bad on Beta atm and we still got 30 days for final touches. Stop acting like it's that bad because it isn't. It'll actually be a better start for an xpack than WoD (or MoP) was.
    Did you even read my post? Yeah classes are balanced. I'm talking about individual talent tiers. the Passives are quite often much stronger than the actives, meaning the "you can just spec into more abilities" argument is moot for competitive players.

If it makes you feel any better, I agree that class balance is very good at 110. But that has literally 0 to do with this thread at all really.

I think what happening is that there not a lot of interesting choices in spells. You can have a few spell but still have decisions that have a big impact. For combat, you could delay bandit's guile by using Revealing Strike or you can go into by spamming Sinister Strike. This little interaction add a lot to the rotations; however, all these little interaction is being replace by simple rotations with little way to opt out of it.