Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not anecdotal at all, it's a fact from being a manager at a Gamestop all through my college years.
    So providing a source for this policy should be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So providing a source for this policy should be easy.
    Yea because I'm supposed to hand you the gamestop corporate rule book or some shit.

It's not like this isn't common information. Go call your gamestop and ask them how many copies of Gal Gun they have for sale on tuesday: hint they'll tell you none unless a preorder isn't picked up in 48 hours.

Matter of fact do that with any store that sells games period. Nobody wastes shelf space on games they can only realistically expect a handful of people to come into the shop and be interested in. True of all products not just games. Sounds like have no clue on how brick and mortar retail works, especially in an era of online shopping. Massive wharehouses can now hold niche products you can order online giving even less reason to stock them on precious shelf space in small stores.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-07-30 at 03:15 AM.

Yea because I'm supposed to hand you the gamestop corporate rule book or some shit.
    I know, it's such a silly request that someone verify their claim after they have dismissed other things as anecdotal.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I know, it's such a silly request that someone verify their claim after they have dismissed other things as anecdotal.
    Actually you're asking someone to verify something that is common sense to many that you could find out for yourself. I suppose you expect this type of information to be stated on gamestop.com? or bestbuy.com? LMAO.

Nice job, completely ignoring the rest of the post because you have no answer to it. Sorry about your luck, but your attempt failed miserably.

Actually you're asking someone to verify something that is common sense to many that you could find out for yourself. I suppose you expect this type of information to be stated on gamestop.com? or bestbuy.com? LMAO.
    No, I expect a person who thinks they can dismiss anecdotes to have something to back up their own claims. And the fact that your response is to tell someone who asks for evidence to find it themselves says all I need to know.
    Nice job, completely ignoring the rest of the post because you have no answer to it. Sorry about your luck, but your attempt failed miserably.
    Common sense is not an argument, especially if it's the only leg you have to stand on. Then burden of proof still stands and has not been met.

I can use erthwjim's link above and find multiple stores in my area that have it in stock. Not low stock, in stock. Now what observation are you going to provide us about this that we are supposed to believe on its face and you don't have to verify?

Need I call these stores and ask if all their copies are trade ins (I should hope not, since they're listed at full price) or pre-orders that were never claimed? Would they even give me a straight answer? And would you believe me if I did call and they told me that they intentionally ordered them without them being specifically requested? I mean, you have no burden of proof. Do I?

7+ Year Old Account
    If it's flagged at low stock that means 2 or less copies. Like I said when you actually see them in store it's because someone didn't pick up their pre order. Gamestop brick and mortar stores never order more of these games then what is preordered. It's not anecdotal at all, it's a fact from being a manager at a Gamestop all through my college years.

If you ever been in a gamestop you know they're all small. There is no need to keep excess stock of niche games, especially since if someone wants it and you don't have it you can always simply order it with overnight shipping to the store for them. The vast majority of stock at any gamestop is always going to be used games, new games they only stock very popular titles or what the preorder interest is demanding.
    So the stores I found that said in stock not low stock?

Also wouldn't your personal experience of being a gamestop manager actually be the definition of anecdotal? Were you a manager at all gamestops or just the one in your area?

Edit: Also even if they only have a couple in stock, wouldn't that still go against the whole idea that you said they only carry them for pre-orders, trade-ins or they would never carry them? I understand it probably doesn't have a high demand, but you said they wouldn't even carry it. Low stock is still stock, and it could actually also mean that they had more in stock and sold them off, leaving only a couple left.
    Last edited by erthwjim; 2016-07-30 at 09:22 PM.
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the concept of niche products only being brought in on request really that alien and hard to believe to you guys, especially with brick and mortar stores?

There's more retailers than just those dealing in video games operating just like that, especially in the age of internet shopping.

It isn't alien, the easily available evidence doesn't support the theory in this case though.

http://archive.is/QTjES

Some fucked up stuff going on in South Korea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleri View Post
    http://archive.is/QTjES

Some fucked up stuff going on in South Korea.
    For those who want a TLDR:

1) Voice actor for Closer's Online bought a T-shirt with sign "Girls dont need prince" and puts it up on twitter.
    2) Problem is the T-shirt was bought from an organzation that un-ironically celebrates male mutilation, war (because men died), pedophilia, false rape acusation.
    3) Fans confronted the VA and told her that she financed a very shady organization, she shrugged it off as them being the good guys.
    4) Fans made a complaint to Nexon which resulted in her contract being discontinued and her Voice filed removed from the game.
    5) White Knights from every walk of content creation join the fray and scream mysoginy, sexism etc... you know, the classics.
    6) Some go full retard and literally reffer to their fans as money slaves who only bring in money.
    7) Fans dont put up with it and boycott/refund en masse.
    8) Corporations panic as investors abandon ship.
    9) Content creator white knights feign confusion and pretend they dont know what is going on.
    10) All of this sparked support for censorship law because fans now believe those content creators deserve it for treated their fans as wallets.

30 years of hard work to chang the industry image. Torn apart to zero in merely 3 days.

Basically Korean GamerGate.

So that blew up out of proportion, an her place of work shouldn't of been made involved. smh
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

That sounds like an omnishambles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanni View Post
    So that blew up out of proportion, an her place of work shouldn't of been made involved. smh
    There is more to it then that:
    1) a while back a member of a self-professed feminist website Megalia accused a webtoon artist MindC of rape. This turned out to be completely false, and it was pretty obvious when the accuser apparently didn't even recognise who MindC was when the police was involved.
    2) Megalia, regardless, defended their own member and went on to frame MindC of other crimes of misogynistic nature.
    3) MindC responded by sueing everyone involved, and many of them were tried and found guilty by law.
    4) Megalia started a crowdfunding campaign, wherein if you donated certain amount of money to cover the legal costs, you get this t-shirt that says 'girls don't need a prince'.

So it went from typical feminazi "Let's accuse someone of rape for lulz" to "Help! We're being opressed! Give us money!" to "What do you mean paying money to instigators enable them to make more trouble? They are women so they are opressed by default!" to "You made this girl lose her job?! Who cares if there's more background to this?! You guys are sexist pigs regardless" to finally "You're below me and my art so shut up!".

And we're off-topic again. Keep discussion related to videogames please, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And we're off-topic again. Keep discussion related to videogames please, folks.
    It's relevant since it was all due to Nexon terminating the contract with a VA.

Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-08-03 at 04:55 AM.

Patrick Klepek leaves Kotaku in disgrace.

https://archive.is/73Uem

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    "Developer with little to no public profile has a view that's unpopular, let's target him!."

Alright, and? I kept seeing this when I lurked places like KiA and I don't get it. This kind of callout behavior for, to borrow one of the often used phrases around these discussions, "thought crime" always struck me as pretty nasty, gross, and pointless. He has a different opinion, one that some may believe is harmful, and? What's his job at BioWare? Why is his opinion important in this? What is the dude who tweeted those pictures even talking about?

And glad to see the responses archived there show all the maturity and intelligence we've come to expect from social media based interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Netscape View Post
    Patrick Klepek leaves Kotaku in disgrace.

https://archive.is/73Uem
    In disgrace? Did I miss something in his post or was the hyperbole just for fun? Don't get me wrong, I do not like Klepek and missing his mostly nonsense articles when I have to go to Kotaku will be a welcome site. But he's voluntarily leaving to work a new gig somewhere (possibly that new Glixel shit going on at Rolling Stone), I fail to see the "disgrace" in that.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Developer with little to no public profile has a view that's unpopular, let's target him!."

Alright, and? I kept seeing this when I lurked places like KiA and I don't get it. This kind of callout behavior for, to borrow one of the often used phrases around these discussions, "thought crime" always struck me as pretty nasty, gross, and pointless. He has a different opinion, one that some may believe is harmful, and? What's his job at BioWare? Why is his opinion important in this? What is the dude who tweeted those pictures even talking about?

And glad to see the responses archived there show all the maturity and intelligence we've come to expect from social media based interactions.
    Gameplay designer, apparently, judging by the man's twitter description.

Which is a position that shouldn't have much to do with narrative at all, but people hate modern bioware on principle in communities like KiA, so it only being slightly related to what he does is probably why it blew up. I think the real reason people are upset about that tweet have more to do with bioware as a whole.

"Developer with little to no public profile
    Could have stopped reading there.

This is the guy who made the presentation at GDC 2014 about how diversity is needed but all the minority character we have now are racist and it makes people racist. Damn near waving a flag on stage proclaiming he will bitch either way you do it and he got a standing ovation.

Because Google is hard, right?
    People tend to have emotional responses to blatant racism.