Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    lol. However did anyone enjoy WoW before garrisons then? I suppose they were all sucking lemons from Vanilla right up through MoP. WoLk, BC, Cata... Straight lemons. Never got to do table missions so they must not have had any fun.
    Well WoD had very little to offer outside of the mission tables and 3 raids so taking any of those out is going to have a major impact on the quantity of lemons left to swallow, especially after we've had it for nearly 2 years

My rotation used to be Log on > Queue for Satchel LFD/LFR > Farmville until queue pops. Now I just alt-tab. Internet content has become WoW content.

It's only for a little while, but still... with classes being rediscovered right now it would be nice to have more reasons to log on.

I do agree that maybe they should have left the garrison nerfs out until the expansion actually launched just for the sake of returning players that haven't played the entire expansion that may want to see some of the "content" the garrison had to offer. I don't think it was really petty of them however. The way they've done things to me just seems like a QoL sort of thing for the developers. It just makes for less headache for them to have to deal with when the expansion actually launches so they don't have to deal with the bugs that we're seeing right now when I'm sure there will be plenty of bugs in the new leveling zones to worry about.

Anyway, I don't think they do anything to spite the players. We've had a good run, just be happy that Legion is almost here and accept that the gravy train has reached it's final destination.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I know one thing, after buying some new bags for all my characters and a few dozen items for cosmetics, I am nearly broke again. Gonna have to start running old raids or something.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    If gold is your complaint, you literally had the entire last expansion to do so. If you weren't subbed over that time, then you really have only yourself to blame.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    All the building plans and upgrades cost gold. Upgrading the garrison itself to rank 3 costs gold and you need rank 3 if you want a shipyard so you can go to Tanaan. The garrison was designed around the idea that it generates gold in order to fund it's own expansion.
    When we built our garrisons and bought all the plans and upgrades with gold we didn't have followers with the Treasure Hunter trait, because it didn't even exist yet. The "lucrative" inn missions have been a joke when WoD launched and we only got a reasonable amount of gold from the mythic chest and the occasional Blingtron mission.

BTW: Garrison 2.0 has gold missions as well (Screenshot), not sure how rare they are since I'm only logging in every now and then in beta, but as you can see on the screenshot you'll get ~1.2K for doing nothing (+ bonus gold if you're lucky).

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Well, no, some players will want multiple L100 characters, and won't have the ones they want. L90-100 will be a PITA.

Which you could argue is reasonable. Or not. I mean, I leveled 11 of them, but there was light at the end of the tunnel.
    90-100 is easier than 60-70 or 70-80. If you can't handle 90-100 in WoD then you really need to stop playing MMO's altogether. I can get those 10 levels in hours, the garrison is not needed to do that.

Well, no, some players will want multiple L100 characters, and won't have the ones they want. L90-100 will be a PITA.

Which you could argue is reasonable. Or not. I mean, I leveled 11 of them, but there was light at the end of the tunnel.
    Yeah, getting a max level garrison (the "required" garrison during the levelling process is not anywhere close to a "financial" burden) is a non-issue for hitting level 100. Want gear? pre-patch event coming in the next few weeks, no need to do tanaan-just level another 100 or 3. The nerf to gold should've happened a long time ago. Be grateful it was around for the length we had it. Those coming back, sorry, if you want to see the content, do it only on one character, and move on.

Has anyone noticed if the GR missions (the old GR missions, plus the gold missions that converted to GR) have been drastically reduced in quantity?

I'm getting about two missions worth doing, per day. I remember running ALL the missions in my garrison, and having enough before-the-patch GR missions to not just pay for them all, but to get decent bumps to my stockpile per day.

Now, I get maybe 250 GR/day.

And I stand in the "okay, we got rid of all sources of gold, but how about replacing the various gold costs with GR or at least drastically reducing their prices" camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Again, here's your community at work.

What did we hear throughout WoD? "Garrisons suck!" "Everyone hates garrisons!" "Garrisons are useless!" "Nobody wants to play World of FacebookCraft!"

And now that the next expansion is only weeks away...

"No more garrisons? What a shame! How horrible of Blizzard to do this to us! Oh, the injustice!"

Now ask yourselves why everything is Blizzard's fault.
    Blizzard's only fault is that it listens to the player's at all, because no matter how many complain or praise anything odds are there's the same amount of players with the opposite opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Again, here's your community at work.

What did we hear throughout WoD? "Garrisons suck!" "Everyone hates garrisons!" "Garrisons are useless!" "Nobody wants to play World of FacebookCraft!"

And now that the next expansion is only weeks away...

"No more garrisons? What a shame! How horrible of Blizzard to do this to us! Oh, the injustice!"

Now ask yourselves why everything is Blizzard's fault.
    you can't say they listened to the garrisson browsergame haters considering class hall does exactly the same again.

I would mostly bet on them wanting the returning players to buy tokens and/or betting on leading players to sub earlier by removing the old content early on. Those are the only reasonable reasons to push it out as they did.

7+ Year Old Account
    At the very end of an expansion, after a huge content drought, and especially with people returning in preparation for Legion you would expect Blizzard to try to make it easier for players to complete their characters.

But with this pre-patch they have shown amazing pettiness in many aspects of the garrisons and professions. Anybody trying to complete a characters professions or even finish leveling a new character before the start of Legion is going to have a harder time instead of an easier one.

A few examples:
    They didn't just remove follower gold missions. They removed every last thing that can make any gold at all. Even things like the Leatherworker or Inscription daily quest no longer gives gold.

The daily pet battle in the garrison now only gives 4 tokens instead of 8.

The cost of all crafting items for sale from the daily Trader have quadrupled. Makes it a lot harder to top off professions by having alts buy the stuff you need from the Trader.

I'm baffled by some of these small-minded changes. If their intent was to make the garrison absolutely worthless then they should have waited until there was some new content to do. New players and returning players who are finishing up their WoD leveling are still going to be working on their garrison because that's the game they currently have to play. Why make it even more miserable at this stage?
    Because they don't want people feeling "forced" to go back to their garrisons for any reason. There will be new pet battle dailies in Legion. There will be new profession dailies in Legion. If the pet battle daily wasn't reduced, people would complain that they feel "forced" to go back to their garrison for pet battles in Legion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Yeah, getting a max level garrison (the "required" garrison during the levelling process is not anywhere close to a "financial" burden) is a non-issue for hitting level 100. Want gear? pre-patch event coming in the next few weeks, no need to do tanaan-just level another 100 or 3. The nerf to gold should've happened a long time ago. Be grateful it was around for the length we had it. Those coming back, sorry, if you want to see the content, do it only on one character, and move on.
    I've read this twice and I don't know what you're saying or what your point is.

I think he's saying "it's legacy end-game content, and it's being replaced by the Demon Invasions in about 2 weeks, and by Legion 3 weeks after that."

I'm a returning player and I'm not upset at all. Sure I missed out on ship-loads of gold but eh. If i make a buck from selling a rare item, farming, or crafting it feels accomplished. I never liked presst button receive gold garrison gameplay and quite frankly I'm glad to see it gone. I'm sure legion will have something similar. I'll go into Legion penniless but if worst comes to pass I can buy a token.
    Last edited by Alanaran; 2016-07-30 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I think he's saying "it's legacy end-game content, and it's being replaced by the Demon Invasions in about 2 weeks, and by Legion 3 weeks after that."
    Yep, this.

Forgive me, I didn't mean to be vague or difficult. Perhaps I simply didn't understand your point when you said:

I had, perhaps erroneously, thought you were commenting on leveling 90-100 being a pain with regards to the garrison changes (as that is the main point of the thread). I was simply pointing out that maxing out a garrison at this point really serves no point aside from experiencing lore. The bare minimum of a garrison while leveling to 100 is paltry.

At the very end of an expansion, after a huge content drought, and especially with people returning in preparation for Legion you would expect Blizzard to try to make it easier for players to complete their characters.

But with this pre-patch they have shown amazing pettiness in many aspects of the garrisons and professions. Anybody trying to complete a characters professions or even finish leveling a new character before the start of Legion is going to have a harder time instead of an easier one.

A few examples:
    They didn't just remove follower gold missions. They removed every last thing that can make any gold at all. Even things like the Leatherworker or Inscription daily quest no longer gives gold.

The daily pet battle in the garrison now only gives 4 tokens instead of 8.

The cost of all crafting items for sale from the daily Trader have quadrupled. Makes it a lot harder to top off professions by having alts buy the stuff you need from the Trader.

I'm baffled by some of these small-minded changes. If their intent was to make the garrison absolutely worthless then they should have waited until there was some new content to do. New players and returning players who are finishing up their WoD leveling are still going to be working on their garrison because that's the game they currently have to play. Why make it even more miserable at this stage?
    Im still not subbing till they do a services sale cus they think that a server xfer and faction change should cost 25/30$.