Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    I really like flying mount idea but this could never work out because people that buy store mounts could never be able to use them for 100% so this would decrease sells so bad for Blizzards business etc, so not going to happen.
    the problem Blizz made with flying mounts was making them faster than ground mounts. Back when a flying mount was just a 60% speed increase is how they should have left it so you had to choose between avoiding mobs and obstacles or going fast. Getting to do both has just spoiled everyone to much and there is no way to come back from it now without causing a ton of rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shana Fenix View Post
    Literally the only thing worth reading in this post was the part about there being less profession levels. They could really use a bit of that. Other than that... this is pretty much a massive heap of bull imo. Not to mention - WoW doesn't need saving.
    Why.

10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The issue I have with that is the level difference.
    Scaling of all the game content doesn't work, because of the difficulty progression that comes outside of simply bigger numbers.
    There is an increase in variety and complexity of abilities used by NPC's in-line with level increases.
    Are players in Dun Morogh having to encounter mobs with abilities you are meant to interrupt ?
    No, because players are not expected to have the tools to deal with those mechanics.
    Scaling the player down or the mobs up is not going to replicate a similar experience to a level 110 zone with a "natively" level 110 player.

I think there is room for bracketed scaling of zones, with upper and lower brackets.
    To reduce outleveling the content of a zone.
    But I can't really see how world quests and the requirement for full range scaling required would really work well.
    Yeah I would like to see the bracketed scaling of zone by xpac and that xpacs max level. So all the vanilla zones, dungeons and quests would scale with you until you hit level 61 at that point you could outgear it for easy farming. Same with BC. Everything BC related would scale with you until level 71. Wrath would scale until 81, Cata 86, MoP, 91 etc. I think it would solve a lot of the problems there are right now with leveling while also allowing people who do PvE "twinking" to still do it because a "max level 60 guild" could still do say Molten Core much closer to the way it was intended.

100% Really terrible suggestions that would KILL the game, I'm not kidding. Glad you're not on the dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Save the game from what? Is WoW dying?
    You must be a comedian. And not a very good one at that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-- OK, I like a number of your suggestions in theory,
    the one I think I agree with the most is putting a cool down timer on flying mounts. Depending on the cool down timer, this would do alot to alleviate the devs' fear of flying mounts -- which I largely disagree with, mind you, but still .. this kind of idea opens up alot of interesting possibilities for how to balance them without constantly removing them.

One of the ones I liked the most, was "complete the main quest chain in a zone, then you can fly in it". That makes alot of sense. You just do not allow that in max level end-game daily areas, etc, and the system is more or less consistent. Though a real character would have trouble understanding why they can't fly in X zone but hey, there's alot of shit our characters would not understand ... "Hey, I killed this tiny bird and looted a giant 2-handed axe .... how the hell?" .. etc.

I'd say that you might as well see about actually developing an MMO of your own, atleast on pen and paper and in theory, with plans for how to execute on your ideas based on available systems and knowledge that we know can be done.

But the time to complete the project, and the money, would be huge obstacles for you.

Quote Originally Posted by boothisphere View Post
    1. No, Questing doesn't need to be gutted. It provides easily completable content, tells people about the story of the area and intuitively allows players to learn their class in a real world scenario.

You can tell the story and theme of an area more thoroughly with just important quest chains

2. I can see the benefits, but normal/heroic dungeons are a just as good place to develop your class skills.
    Why not both, you'll learn before you go into dungeons and raids.

3. No, Yes, Definitely No

4. No, this isnt World of Forced World PvP.
    It's not forced. It's just the way it is. What do you even do in this game? Sit in orgrimmar? Don't you think that's part of why people are feeling like theres nothing to do? Plus its not just scouting. It's a lot of stuff. Like exploring caves, rescuing people, collecting stuff, hunting pirates. Etc, like old quest but this time more open ended and doesn't interfere with story telling.

5. I dont understand what you're trying to coin here.
    Hmm.. it's entirely new for mmo's maybe, but probably exist in some single player games.

6. This is a legion feature.
    Ok.

7. I would like an ingame guide system, similar to the steam community hub. There are already Addons that facilitate this Kind of Roleplay options you're suggesting.
    It would be good as real content. Why the fuck not. Plus the tangibility would make it easier and valuable for more players. Could earn gold, could earn other stuff.

8. These benefits are insignificant.
    In doesn't matter just make something out of the game. What else is insignificant? Content that doesn't exist.

10. I think stats are out of control, as far as their health/dps/hps outputs are concerned, but you can't go and overhaul the entire system like you're suggesting.
    Why not.

11. Um, no? this is what the artifact does anyway.
    Hmmm.. I like my approach better. It incorporates it well with end game, doesn't give everyone 5000 ashbringers, and 5000 chosen ones. It will last more than 1 expansion.

12. People dont want to replay old content for recycled gear.
    Could be retuned and refined to fit a new purpose. People do play it. It adds variety, just because the content is old doesn't make it bad nessecarily. It's not nessecarily the age of the content. The point is people want to play the game. I still enjoy old dungeons, but I probably wouldnt want to farm wailing caverns for one year. Also you replay old content every time you level. So that reason sounds a bit shallow to me.

WoW is dying, slowly, sure, but theres no need to 'save' it.
    Everything dies, especially a game where its developers lost their core beliefs in the name of selling out to the loudest and unintelligent populace, the casuals that whinge about content accessibility.
    Well, if they want to go that route fine.
    I typed my reply within the quote >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHeimdall View Post
    100% Really terrible suggestions that would KILL the game, I'm not kidding. Glad you're not on the dev team.
    Ruin what? People's constrained way of thinking >.>? If that's how the dev team thinks... then fuck that too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Quarterly Reports send to investors, used to contain sub numbers and revenues.

Last official Q containing subs numbers, was for about 5m subs, the next Q they refused to include the subs # and the revenue dropped by 1/3, same deal with the quarter after than but another 1/4 lower revenue, then they merged all game revenue togheter
    I also see tons of low populated servers. Thats not a good sign. My server used to be high, then medium during cata, and now its low.

You're trying to turn a theme park MMO into a sandbox MMO. I think you'd be happier playing other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Yeah I would like to see the bracketed scaling of zone by xpac and that xpacs max level. So all the vanilla zones, dungeons and quests would scale with you until you hit level 61 at that point you could outgear it for easy farming. Same with BC. Everything BC related would scale with you until level 71. Wrath would scale until 81, Cata 86, MoP, 91 etc. I think it would solve a lot of the problems there are right now with leveling while also allowing people who do PvE "twinking" to still do it because a "max level 60 guild" could still do say Molten Core much closer to the way it was intended.
    Not that far, for the reason I stated.
    Instead a few levels either way.
    That won't do anything for the raiding experience as that was designed around more than just a basic shift in numbers from what we have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Agree with this point, Its one of the worst things in FF14. Heres a new quest, relic, event now.... go back to the previous expansion and cack on with those dungeons you were sick of running when the content was current (not helped by the fact there was only 3 now 2 relevent dungeons per patch and you had to farm that for almost everything so the burnout was so fast)[/QUOTE]

The relic in FF14 is fine. It might make you do old content but every 3 and a half months it brings in new stuff for you to do. Also having do to old content for the older relic is normal. As for events WoW makes you do content that has barely changed each year as does FF14 except with the collaboration events. As for the relic being grindy it is an alternative weapon to casual players who don't raid the endgame like savage and EX primals.[/QUOTE]

I could try to think of better alternatives. Personally I did not experience much of the Vanilla to Burning Crusade raiding.

With the success of Nostalgrius and people actually doing the old raid progression it seems some people were interested in running old raids. They do make remasters of video games that players buy again.

I think the solution is just to remove the grindy aspect of raiding. The game shouldn't just be about grinding raids 7 days of the week. I feel like an Mmo needs to accomplish some sort of balance from raiding all day and doing something else that's fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by b0928 View Post
    You're trying to turn a theme park MMO into a sandbox MMO. I think you'd be happier playing other games.
    I would, but I don't see much games like the one I described >.>.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Answers added in bold.

congratulations, you made 1 valid point, that's more then most of these posts do.
    You don't decide what a valid point made it :/. I have my opinion, you have yours, to be so know it all about things is just being ignorant.

To a lot of stuff you said. Why not? How can it not help the game even if its not killing it.

Smart AI is AI that moves around, tries to flank you, have good positioning, kites you, etc.

Ok. You think I only have 1 valid point. I don't find you an interesting person at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh I think people who think they can "save the game" should go apply to Blizzard and see how that goes.
    Would try but I do not have a game design diploma. Doesn't mean I don't have a good sense for art, psychology, sociology, philosophy etcetera. Video games consist entirely of those and graphics.

Developers brains made influence ridiculously by those >.>. You see what Im getting at its not that far fetched. If they don't have enough sense to notice good ideas it doesnt mean some other people wont.

And frankly blizzard doesn't really sound like the type of people I want to be talking to. They sound a lot like pompus ignorant jerks when it comes to world of warcraft.

I'm sorry but these posts are ridiculous. Just quit if you don't like the changes. It's been years, the game has gone through changes to appeal to more and more players, sub loss is not from a "shit" game, it's from the game being so many years old.
    Please just don't play, less whining for those of us having fun.

At least you're thinking of ways the game could be improved.

I don't get how Role-playing could earn me XP. Why would I sit on a hill in Thunder Bluff listening to somebody tell a story when I could read a book?
    I do enjoy the time-walking stuff when its available, for the most part I want to be able to take my 100 and power through a 25 Heroic 25/40 main raid myself or with friends.

I tried Nostralius and got a toon up to lvl 6, it was great in that it was challenging. No gold, so do you upgrade a spell or trade your grey item in for a white one? The world felt dangerous, which is something Azeroth hasn't for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    These aren't "a few WoW fixes." This's a different game.
    A few changes can make a game different if their significant enough. WoW has changed that way over time as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    At least you're thinking of ways the game could be improved.

I don't get how Role-playing could earn me XP. Why would I sit on a hill in Thunder Bluff listening to somebody tell a story when I could read a book?
    I do enjoy the time-walking stuff when its available, for the most part I want to be able to take my 100 and power through a 25 Heroic 25/40 main raid myself or with friends.

I tried Nostralius and got a toon up to lvl 6, it was great in that it was challenging. No gold, so do you upgrade a spell or trade your grey item in for a white one? The world felt dangerous, which is something Azeroth hasn't for a long time.
    Oh well, that's not really the role playing I was thinking of. This version is a bit more personal, but you might meet others along the way as you play it. Kind of like pokemon go maybe.

Basically interest are like personal quest with it's own progression. Like I want to buff NPC's. That will come with like its own goals like an achievement list. Like buff every race, give every type of buff your class has, buff 100 people, just examples developers can get as creative as they want with the goals. But for every one you accomplish you earn experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    you start with "a lot less quests" so i quickly consider you have no clue what your talking about, so tldr.

more quests, less extensive and much lower reward. together with other mechanics like 6000% increased experience requirement.
    Well, there maybe more to it, but I understand if your not in the mood to read it. That's ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ausmara View Post
    I'm sorry but these posts are ridiculous. Just quit if you don't like the changes. It's been years, the game has gone through changes to appeal to more and more players, sub loss is not from a "shit" game, it's from the game being so many years old.
    Please just don't play, less whining for those of us having fun.
    I'm not whining. I'm just sharing some ideas I thought of, it's not gospel and neither are any bodies opinion in this forum even if they think it is.

But physiologically what your saying just doesn't add up for me. There are far more people stop liking something other than that.

It's my wish people can understand what a discussion is and how they can use it for some positivity or creativity. >.>.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the forums, not the 10 commandments >.>.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2016-07-30 at 05:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Quarterly Reports send to investors, used to contain sub numbers and revenues.

Last official Q containing subs numbers, was for about 5m subs, the next Q they refused to include the subs # and the revenue dropped by 1/3, same deal with the quarter after than but another 1/4 lower revenue, then they merged all game revenue togheter
    You don't like the game anymore, just stop following it.

No one who genuinely enjoys the game gives a shit about subscriber numbers, only losers who need to feel validated by how many other people are doing the same thing they are. That and mentally ill people who felt personally slighted by Blizzard and their video game and spend their leisure time discussing how it will fail.

To the idiot talking about 2 million subscribers.

I say it is at least 8 million returning now...

The fun factor is that 1 million or 10 million ....it makes no difference for the players or Azeroth's economy as everything is cross realm and so a 500k populated Azeroth in 2016 is still 100 times MORE populated that it EVER was ...

In other words : Azeroth is FULLY populated both in players as in its thriving economy, more than ever when everything was fragmentated into small stand alone realms with ... hardly 3 K players at any one time ...

tldr: scratch one more Troll element...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-07-30 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    To the idiot talking about 2 million subscribers.

I say it is at least 8 million returning now...

The fun factor is that 1 million or 10 million is that it makes no difference for the players or Azeroth's economy as everything is cross realm and so a 500k populated Azeroth in 2016 is still 100 times MORE populated that it EVER was ...

Unless you have the numbers of 8 million it is just "I say this". Nobody has exact numbers anymore. Also eventually playerbase makes a difference when it gets extremely low and if Blizzard ever hit 500k they would be having serious meetings related to WoW since it would be a huge loss for the investors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game is not in need of "saving" and is doing quite excellently in Legion. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Unless you have the numbers of 8 million it is just "I say this". Nobody has exact numbers anymore. Also eventually playerbase makes a difference when it gets extremely low and if Blizzard ever hit 500k they would be having serious meetings related to WoW since it would be a huge loss for the investors.
    Bottom line for the WoW players is that Azeroth is now more populated than ever. As the old 3K individual Realm is peanuts compared to present day cross realm economies and player bases.

1 million or 10 million: players have an equally populated Azeroth in 2016.

----

As to your financial statement: WoW is a total franchise that expands far beyond WoW as such. Like Hearthstone, Heroes etc.

It is pretty much clear that Blizzard makes more money than ever before, so it is the total supported package that counts when viewing investments, not one game only (SC is probably BY FAR the least profitable in this chain but it is fully supported for years already).

So Blizzard is intelligent enough to spread and as Warcraft is still THE franchise that has spread over most of their other games, the revenue will still be there.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-07-30 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Game is not in need of "saving" and is doing quite excellently in Legion. Move along.
    Please explain how the game is doing excellent when the expansion is not even out yet

-A lot less quest but far more meaningful and rewarding ones. Quest are reserved for important story lines. This is done to cut out "go fetch me this" quest and try to make it look self important. Quest will be overhauled to be more investigative and more difficult. But the experience and gold rewards would be 10 times more.
    This would make leveling a lot faster, you'd be looking at what, 1/3 of a level for complementing a quest? But I wouldn't say no to some different type of quests that aren't carbon copies and feel insignificant

-Training system that lets you practice abilities and rotations for experience. These tutorials give players tips on how to utilize their abilities in certain situations and also explain why some abilities would be beneficial to use in specific orders. They are available from class trainers.
    Proving grounds and monk daily quests kind of do this, also, if you buy a instant 100 isn't there something similar in place? either way, I think learning as you level is the best method, but with slowing down the leveling process in older content.

-More things grant experience, such as Crafting, world objectives, and roles playing.
    Gathering stuff already grants exp, I'm not sure how you'd apply leveling exp to sitting in a city and crafting stuff. World objectives I guess are similar to bonus objectives we've seen in WoD, as for role playing I think that's a horrendous idea tbh.

-Daily quest is replaced with Jobs System. Jobs are objectives in the world you can get assigned to, such as holding a hill, guarding a building, or scouting a route out there in the world. The enemy faction could having an opposing job. You can get pay for how much of the job you do. You can have 5 job assignments at a time. You can move on to more jobs after you decide to move on from your current ones.
    You can label it how you'd like but that's still questing, you'd have a lot of people complaining about any sort of pvp aspect,

-Role Playing system: Let the player develop self interest and build a sense of belonging in the world. As the player explore the world the player will discover interest, such as killing wolves, collecting elf ears, or buffing npc's. Players can explore these interest for title's and transmog's and also grants experience.
    The servers are there for RPing, I don't see how much you can change on RP servers from normal servers. Its all the same coding.

-Less profession levels to reduce time needed to progress a profession so its easier to catch up to the players level. You can upgrade your profession schematics the more you make the item, allowing your dedication to your profession to give you distinction.
    Garrisons and WoD have made professions stupidly easy to level, even with the nerfs I'm pretty sure in legion, you can level pre legion just as fast with items.

-Players can make player made contents such as guides and short stories that can be sold in the auction house or be handed out to guild members as strategies and guidelines.
    Player made content would actually be a really good idea. In star trek online we have the foundry system. People make their own missions, with full access to map areas. Add their own characters, enemy which drop standard loot and everything. Some people make take the piss stuff but others but a lot of effort into it. What's ideal,is that these missions start in the "real world", but when you transport up, your put into a instance for anything that's inside a solar system so you can't interfere with the rest of the player base, and theres no chance of anything mucking up the real areas. Also, if quite a few people review it positively, they can donate a type of currency, only in small amounts but soon adds up for them.

-Community centered features such as leaderboards and bounty hunting players of the enemy faction.
    Don't see an issue with this at all.

-Staying in towns and cities for 10 minutes can get you res xp + rest bonus of 3%+ stats. There will be mini games in cities that can increase the rest bonus up to 5%.
    I don't think its a good idea to increase the rest bonus rate, as in the timer shorter. But a mini game idea in a city could be good, a different one in each city potentially or a rotating base, similar TO DMF, but no where near as big or diverse.

-Smarter A.I. Enemies have more health and abilities also. But give far more rewarding experience. You can gain experience from NPC's, players, and monster of a 40 level range. The higher the level of a monster the more abilities and AI they might have. Killing a monster at level 20 could award 1 experience bar. Leveling doesn't take as long as people think. But getting to a higher level just assure that you know how to play the game.
    Like it, but again, I don't think you should increase the speed of leveling.

-Less stat gaps between items and level. Stats only increases to about 1% every level. Combat is more about use of ability than stats and items. The higher your level the more strategies you have access to. The stat squish reduces the distance a each players have in order to play with each other, also it makes older content less worthless and the possibilities of remaining relevant. Content could also be more spread out around the world since each zones are not so far apart.
    We're at the point where gear progression is the focus, you take that away and make new level 110 or 120 only a fraction of a bit weaker than older max levels, people are going to hate it. Although we do need a system in place to either change ilvl in raids to keep valid throughout the entire expansion. TBC was pretty good, you had people progressing in kara at the same time people were in BT or SWP

-There are 100 levels players can acquire. The first 80 levels can be acquired through normal means. The next 20 level are paragon levels. Used for end game progression. Experience for paragon can only be achieved through difficult means such as raids, challenge dungeons, arena, rated battlegrounds. It becomes increasingly more difficult to level the higher the paragon.
    Disagree with this one, would a level 85 be able to raid at the same level as a 100? Or would they need to progress through BOT, FL then DS then the mop ones? That would piss a lot of people off.

To have a long and less expendable content, a lot of old raids are upgraded into a higher level and are gated into paragon levels allowing guilds to have 20 raids to progress through which may make it longer for players to have a drought.
    Pretty much what I said above.

-There is a cooldown for flying mounts. To encourage it to be used only for long distance travels and not for skipping content.
    I actually really like this one, doesn't restrict people who fall behind, but still keeps people on the ground to see the content like blizzard wants, it would need to be non cool down in older areas though

-Expansions will be less about making 80% of previous content unintentionally irrelevant which leads can lead to drought, but more about the development of new features and entirely new adventures which will only elongate the games life
    Again like I said, I think its more to do with loot table adjustments to make all raids still current, I think legion might give it a good go with this upgrade chance randomly up to titan forged etc. New adventures is fine, but introducing new sceanrios or instances mid expansion is a terrible idea I hope they will never re visit, I loved the wrath icc instances when they came out, but looking back, that destroyed gearing in heroics, the only groups who did heroics after that patch were farmers for valor, so people only wanted high geared people. Or the occasional achi hunters, but again, only high geared people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Please explain how the game is doing excellent when the expansion is not even out yet
    When you've been playing Alpha and Beta for about 4 months, that's how.