Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah, the hope is that Blizz somehow introduces a glyph that you can use on the talented ability. Or just flat out updates the model.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Seems so, just tested it. Well that's fairly stupid.
    It seems that's it's because of the hook spell. The model isn't that horrible, but they could do some work on it for sure, because it's old AF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes... but that expansion we still used vanilla level models... they made new undead models in wrath, the geist, the vrykul skeleton, but back then they dident update old models
    I would say okay, if it wasn't for the fact that they're updating animals...so even Hunters are getting new pet models...and DK can't get 1 new model?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I would say okay, if it wasn't for the fact that they're updating animals...so even Hunters are getting new pet models...and DK can't get 1 new model?
    because they arnt updating pets FOR HUNTERS they are updating animals for legion, and hunters can tame them... as i said, if they come out with a expansion about undead, and they remake the undead models, like the ghoul, and the sludge belcher, then they will update the death knight ones

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Groukh View Post
    Yup, but you can't use the glyph when the sludge is talented.
    would be kinda weird to see a geist, ghoul, or skeleton to throw a hook or do the other abom abilities

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a bigger issue than the entire frost spec tbh, ugly as sin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because they arnt updating pets FOR HUNTERS they are updating animals for legion, and hunters can tame them... as i said, if they come out with a expansion about undead, and they remake the undead models, like the ghoul, and the sludge belcher, then they will update the death knight ones

- - - Updated - - -

would be kinda weird to see a geist, ghoul, or skeleton to throw a hook or do the other abom abilities
    One problem with that logic, not all the new models are in the Legion maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    It is supposed to be ugly. Artwork from the Hearthstone card Sludge Belcher.

Yeah it's supposed to be ugly but the texture and details of the fartmonster itself is fricken horrible. If the in game model looked anything like it does on that card (just in 3D), I would be happy. Instead we get vanilla style textures and it looks so damn bad. He's also way too small, it's ridiculous really. I do guess it's a trade off, ugly pet but awesome fun spec. I'd rather have an ugly pet but a fun af spec instead of super nice pets but shitty ass specs.

It's Blizzard... they love to recycle content, even though they're swimming in cash...

They could've nicked the model of Stitches from HotS...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-07-29 at 12:36 PM.

I agree. This is the first talent I've ever seen where I honestly want to avoid ever taking is purely based on aesthetic. I usually always prefer gameplay but in this case the abomination model is just so blocky and ugly compared to everything else in the game. To top off the ugliness, the model is so undersized that it has the WoD boar problem where it seems to scuttle instead of walk.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it atleast wasnt so tiny
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    One problem with that logic, not all the new models are in the Legion maps.
    like?

/10chars

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Sludge Belcher, how do people make him smaller? I've seen several dk's running around with a mini version of mine.

I tried to google it and checked wowhead, but all i can find is information about hunter pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Relidar View Post
    Speaking of Sludge Belcher, how do people make him smaller? I've seen several dk's running around with a mini version of mine.

I tried to google it and checked wowhead, but all i can find is information about hunter pets.
    They don't. You just see other player's pets being smaller. They see your pet being small too, by the way. This was possibly made to reduce the melee clutter - although it didn't help, and just made the game less immersive and more ridiculous and childish, IMO.

2OP: Well dude, that's your typical Blizzard. Creating new, awesome melee animations, remaking specs... and then placing on top of all that HD awesomeness an old stupid low-res vanilla model. /facepalm
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-07-29 at 02:20 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I came back to WoW super excited to be playing a Death Knight with a more Necromancer feel and look.

Then I see the new Belcher model. Really? The same model the game had in Beta?

Shame Blizz. Shame. Way to kill the excitement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's not really an issue of ugliness. It's an abomination, it's supposed to be ugly. The issue comes from the age and quality of the model they chose to use, which is unforgivably sloppy and dated. All made worse by the advances they have made with our characters, our armor, and the world. This turd sitting next to us doesn't look terrifying and fierce and hideous, it looks sad and sloppy and tired. So many of us have voiced displeasure, I just made a post about it again a day or so ago. http://i.imgur.com/xF34GQ6.jpg :*(

Why can't we just get a permanent Valkyr T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's not, it's a Vrykul skeleton from Wotlk. You see them all over Howling Fjord at the Vrykul burial mount in the southern part. It even has Wotlk armor.
    Well the difference is clear, the regular ghoul is a vanilla model along with the sludge belcher.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Well the difference is clear, the regular ghoul is a vanilla model along with the sludge belcher.
    Isn't the ghoul a wotlk one too?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Isn't the ghoul a wotlk one too?
    Vanilla model with a different skin.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Vanilla model with a different skin.
    A wotlk skin though, which looks a lot better and a lot newer.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann