Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"Dismiss your pet."

I was recently in a Dungeon Group with a few rando's. It was all fine until my Pet accidentally kept on pulling mobs, and the first time it was because it was a Cliff, so of course the dumb pet just goes the LONGEST POSSIBLE ROUTE and AGGRO'S EVERYTHING.
    So this is what they told me.
    "Dismiss your pet."
    Dismiss. Yes, I understand, "But you should ALWAYS dismiss your pet in some situations as a Hunter!"
    But let me ask you this.
    Has a Warlock's Imp, Felguard, or ANY Minion EVER pulled more mobs than intended? Have they ever been scolded by a group, and forcibly removed from combat, forcing a Warlock to go solo, because their Minion is dumb as bricks? How about a Death Knight and his Ghoul?

Nope. Those pets somehow know NOT TO AGGRO ANY MOBS. In fact, they act like the USAIN BOLT and RUSH to your location if you've gotten to a location that is farther away from them.
    But Hunter Pets? Nooo. They meander their way to your location, slowly, and make sure they pick up EVERY SINGLE ENEMY ALONG THE WAY.

So I ask. Why is it that I have to dismiss my pet during EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DUNGEON OR RAID because BLIZZARD can't set up a system that doesn't cause a pet to aggro unintentional mobs, when they have been FULLY FUCKING CAPABLE OF DOING SO, for 12 YEARS.

I LIKE HAVING A PET. DON'T FORCE ME TO GO SOLO BECAUSE OF YOUR SHODDY PROGRAMMING.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Dk, Lock and mage pets are all just as bad at pulling things if not put away before jumping off things they're just quicker to get rid of so are forgotten about less often when doing so (and thus more often when complaining during needless forum posts).

My warlock pet has. Youre trying to create an issue, where there is none, id give you a 2/10. Dismiss your damn pet, its part of learning to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    Has a Warlock's Imp, Felguard, or ANY Minion EVER pulled more mobs than intended? Have they ever been scolded by a group, and forcibly removed from combat, forcing a Warlock to go solo, because their Minion is dumb as bricks? How about a Death Knight and his Ghoul?
    Yes, absolutely. Warlocks pulled the whole of Corla's room in Blackrock Caverns almost every time I saw one in there through jumping down at the door and the pet running around. Same in Gnomeregan whilst levelling. There's no blame to be attached to Blizzard really. Pets path like mobs. If you're jumping off somewhere in an instance to bypass trash, dismiss your pet. Pet class 101 IMO.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You kidding? As a warlock my pet looks at me jump and is like, wtf man i'm gunna pull this whole instance because you ditched me.
    My FC is 0430-8669-1800 add me and send a PM. My safari is Audino,dunsparce,Ditto.

"Insert clever saying here"

Oh no, you have to dismiss your pet for 5 seconds so you can make a jump.

And yes, every single pet pulls the entire instance in 1.) Blackrock Caverns and 2.) Shadowmoon Burial Grounds. There's probably more but those are the prime examples, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LIKE HAVING A PET. DON'T FORCE ME TO GO SOLO BECAUSE OF YOUR SHODDY PROGRAMMING.
    As a Hunter player for nearing ten years:

Dismiss your pet before jumping off cliffs.
    Resummon them when you get to the bottom.

PROBLEM SOLVED!
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post

PROBLEM SOLVED!
    How is it solved if you still have to do this dismiss nonsense?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Dismissing your pet is part of being a pet class, if you don't like it play another class or go MM. It is a 3 sec cast, not life changing in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    How is it solved if you still have to do this dismiss nonsense?
    Because it doesn't pull the whole instance, which is the core problem here.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Reroll please

Or get one of the Lynx cat pets in Eversong Forest. They have stealth when not in combat.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because it doesn't pull the whole instance, which is the core problem here.
    the core problem is that they do pull mobs and need to be dismissed to not pull mobs. Without that problem there would be no need to dismiss pets and everyone will be happy.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    My warlock pet has. Youre trying to create an issue, where there is none, id give you a 2/10. Dismiss your damn pet, its part of learning to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Oh no, you have to dismiss your pet for 5 seconds so you can make a jump.

PROBLEM SOLVED!
    Or they could, you know, fix it. If you make classes with minions that are vital to its gameplay, having them in a state like this for 12 years now is actually quite an embarrassment. Players shouldn't have to be unnecessarily bothered by the fact that Blizzard screwed up and is refusing to fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't need to fix it. People should just be more aware of what they are doing

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Or they could, you know, fix it. If you make classes with minions that are vital to its gameplay, having them in a state like this for 12 years now is actually quite an embarrassment. Players shouldn't have to be unnecessarily bothered by the fact that Blizzard screwed up and is refusing to fix it.
    You saying Blizz should fix it, but only broken things can be fixed and it's not broken. It's intended to be this way. Dismiss pet nubba.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Seems to me, that most if not all of those places, are spots where you yourself are trying to skip some part of the dungeon/world/quest. If you dont want to go the intended way, but want to skip to make everything faster, i think its fair that you're expected to dismiss your damn pet bro. Else you know, you could go the intended way.. Along with your pet

Deleted

Nope. Those pets somehow know NOT TO AGGRO ANY MOBS. In fact, they act like the USAIN BOLT and RUSH to your location if you've gotten to a location that is farther away from them.
    Actually every pet is able to pull half the dungeon. But in my experience the one class that fucks up at that part most is the hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    They don't need to fix it. People should just be more aware of what they are doing
    They don't need to fix old, heavily flawed coding because people should learn to deal with it, okay.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2016-07-30 at 10:06 AM.

Deleted
    As everyone said, every pet has this problem. You're just bad, even for a hunter ;P

If you want a workaround that does not involve L2P or taking Lone Wolf, using a cat is your best bet. And a cat, as we all know, is fine too.