Best Hunter PvP Legion specs.

So you if you want play PvP in Legion :

- Marksman : go Fire Mage

- Beast Mastery : go Affliction Warlock

- Survival : go Windwalker Monk

YOU WILL THANK ME LATER BRO

and plz do yourself a favour, do use miserable hunter class for that, it will be heavy sado-maso experience and tons of salt

details:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hogmanlolz/videos

While thats a downer of a post, I'd say that the made parallels are pretty close!

So as Hunter you are a mage a warlock and a monk all in one? splendid

hhahahahh glass half full

Deleted
    In the open world with some self-healing legendaries I feel rather unkillable in a 1v1 scenario as SV, so I'm going to stay hunter. I'm playing mostly PvE with lots of PvP action due to the server's community. If I was into rated play, however, I'd consider rerolling.
    Last edited by mmoc7f25e17046; 2016-07-29 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    Survival is extremely unenjoyable in random battlegrounds. The damage is not good enough to offset the terrible survivability.

The biggest problem with SV is that you don't have disengage/roll/heroic leap, etc... and at the same time you don't have the self-healing of hybrids, so if melees gang up on you or casters dot you up, you're instantly dead.

Maybe the spec will be good in 3s with a healer and cc and whatnot, but for casual people like me who used to love the spec for years, all the fun is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Survival is extremely unenjoyable in random battlegrounds. The damage is not good enough to offset the terrible survivability.

The biggest problem with SV is that you don't have disengage/roll/heroic leap, etc... and at the same time you don't have the self-healing of hybrids, so if melees gang up on you or casters dot you up, you're instantly dead.

Maybe the spec will be good in 3s with a healer and cc and whatnot, but for casual people like me who used to love the spec for years, all the fun is gone.
    Survival isn't that bad in BGs, I've been having success with it and find it fun. It's not great by any means, but you can make it work. It's definately lacking some survivability options and mobility, I'd love to see them reduce the cooldown of Cheetah to 1min,

Deleted
    I started liking it way more after realizing that almost every class feels kinda "bad" in BGs without some friends in the back. SV is awesome in group play. The peel is unreal.

Deleted
    I'm salty AF because of the Hunter nerfs. Nobody was nerfed this bad. Nobody. And then I read stuff on the front page where blues are saying they're looking at DH survivability and mobility if it needs buffs. LOL. At what point is someone going to look at the Hunter defensives or mobility?

Hunter PvP tools are comically bad. Disengage travel distance is laughable. Crowd control is non-existent. Stuns aren't readily available. Deterrence was nerfed for zero reasons whatsoever to 1 charge at 3min CD. Spirit bond is gone. For god's sake look at the defensives Unholy DKs (a ranged class) has. 90% reduction on 1min cd, magic immunity on 1min, stun immunity and 30% mitigation on 3min. Death strike healing. Asphyx stun. Pet stun. Death grip. Pet death grip. Wraith walk sprint on 45 sec CD (Cheetah on 3min LOL).

Hunter OTH has no active self heals from shots. No passive self heal. Just 1 defensive ability in Turtle. Where the FK is our Master's Call? The melee classes are faster than ever before, and we just lost 90% of our CC and kiting tools. The whole revamp is a troll job. The class didn't get closer to the original class fantasy. We had a ton of traps and crowd control since the beginning of vanilla. Now we're just a PvE class with horribly bad mechanics but a decent DPS tuning to keep us useful.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2016-07-29 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    I'm salty AF because of the Hunter nerfs. Nobody was nerfed this bad. Nobody. And then I read stuff on the front page where blues are saying they're looking at DH survivability and mobility if it needs buffs. LOL. At what point is someone going to look at the Hunter defensives or mobility?

Hunter PvP tools are comically bad. Disengage travel distance is laughable. Crowd control is non-existent. Stuns aren't readily available. Deterrence was nerfed for zero reasons whatsoever to 1 charge at 3min CD. Spirit bond is gone. For god's sake look at the defensives Unholy DKs (a ranged class) has. 90% reduction on 1min cd, magic immunity on 1min, stun immunity and 30% mitigation on 3min. Death strike healing. Asphyx stun. Pet stun. Death grip. Pet death grip. Wraith walk sprint on 45 sec CD (Cheetah on 3min LOL).

Hunter OTH has no active self heals from shots. No passive self heal. Just 1 defensive ability in Turtle. Where the FK is our Master's Call? The melee classes are faster than ever before, and we just lost 90% of our CC and kiting tools. The whole revamp is a troll job. The class didn't get closer to the original class fantasy. We had a ton of traps and crowd control since the beginning of vanilla. Now we're just a PvE class with horribly bad mechanics but a decent DPS tuning to keep us useful.
    Master call is in the PvP talents for Survival only for some reason. :/

Deleted

Great post! I started my hunter 10 years ago because of the trapper/escapist fantasy. None of it is present today. You have one disengage and one turtle and then they kick your ass.

Of all specs in the game, BM is the one with the least CC. You can have only one stun an no other form of cc in addition to it. Warriors have stun+fear, even shaman can have stun+hex, but obviously the hunter fantasy is to have little cc now.
    Of all melees in the game, SV is the only one without a stun. It is also the only melee whose defensive ability completely locks you down. Evasion/parry/bubble/dk fortitude/sham defenses whatever they're called - they all let you dps at the same time. So if you start bursting them as SV, and they start bursting you, and you both use your defenses, you're useless for the entire duration and the other guy can switch to your partner or another target and still do damage.
    Now let's take MM - the spec with the longest list of "reduced in PVP" abilities in their PVP template:

Marksmanship
    Spell Multipliers
    Aimed Shot deals 80% damage in PvP
    Marked Shot deals 50% damage in PvP
    Piercing Shot deals 50% damage in PvP
    Exhiliration heals for 60% in PvP
    Healing Shell effects reduced by 50% in PvP

Now this is hilarious healing must be reduced for a spec with terrible survivability, while for example the pvp template for affliction says:

Affliction
    Stat Template
    Stamina: 120%

Not a single damage or healing ability nerfed for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Marksmanship
    Spell Multipliers
    Aimed Shot deals 80% damage in PvP
    Marked Shot deals 50% damage in PvP
    Piercing Shot deals 50% damage in PvP
    Exhiliration heals for 60% in PvP
    Healing Shell effects reduced by 50% in PvP

Now this is hilarious healing must be reduced for a spec with terrible survivability
    Yeah the spell modifiers are a joke for MM. They already removed traps and master's call but they also nerfed all damaging spells as well as self healing.

Good luck winning rated BG/arena in Legion as MM.

Idk the talents look pretty interesting in legion. The basilisk looks like it will be pretty good to put pressure on melee who are in your face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberBelle View Post
    Idk the talents look pretty interesting in legion. The basilisk looks like it will be pretty good to put pressure on melee who are in your face.
    Nice comment. If only there was a way to log in to a server with premade level 110 characters with full artifacts and pvp talents, to notice that the Basilisk doesn't put any pressure on anyone whatsoever.

Really ? That's sad, because Demo warlock's Fel Lord, which is pretty similar is apparently pretty good at doing that.

Nice comment. If only there was a way to log in to a server with premade level 110 characters with full artifacts and pvp talents, to notice that the Basilisk doesn't put any pressure on anyone whatsoever.
    I did it earlier in the beta. Tried out a few of the spells with my friend. Cause beta let's you do that.

Sounds like a lot of people are commenting on hunter pvp without having access to the hunter pvp talents? What sense does that make? By mid-September you'll be level 110, have access to a whole 'nother tree of talents, and THEN you can assess how they've treated hunters in Legion pvp.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"