Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    Ahemmm,

Tauren pallies: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunwalkers
    Belf pallies: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Knight

Dwarf shamans: Learn about the Wildhammer clans.
    Draenei shamans: You do know they used to be friends with the orcs? Or go read http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Unbroken_(story)

Go read what's in the links since you're so good at lore, go cry about not getting your Gnome demon hunter in the General thread.
    Indeed, so vanilla warcraft was wrong all along! And guess what: World of Warcraft didn't fail! It's still a popular MMO.

The goal is for it to be the second or third best talent in that tier. The team will do another tuning pass to make sure that this is the case.
    Why does it even exist, then, if it's designed to be worse than the other talents? Just make them all equivalent and let people play how they like.

Quote Originally Posted by laki View Post
    Why does it even exist, then, if it's designed to be worse than the other talents? Just make them all equivalent and let people play how they like.
    Because "equivilent" is extremely hard to accomplish. Most specs if you pull them up on Icy-Veins right now have at least one tier, if not 5+, that only have one talent as "viable at all."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

You will need to have a Level 70 character on the server that you want to make a Demon Hunter on.
    Why? This is just odd that Death Knights don't have the same restrictions so I'm puzzled by Blizzard's decision to have this requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    Why? This is just odd that Death Knights don't have the same restrictions so I'm puzzled by Blizzard's decision to have this requirement.
    for quite a while DK's had a similar restriction... must have a lvl 55 on the server you creat the dk ...along with only 1 DK per server.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthar View Post
    for quite a while DK's had a similar restriction... must have a lvl 55 on the server you creat the dk ...along with only 1 DK per server.
    Right, and the level 55 restriction was only removed when they introduced lvl 90 character boosts, and you could make multiple dks on the same server since WOD.

so expect the restriction to "must have lvl blah" to go once 110 boosts hit ... possibly

Level 70 Character Requirement

You will need to have a Level 70 character on the server that you want to make a Demon Hunter on.
    whata retarded decisions - DH would be perfect class for easy server rerolling but nooooo you just have to wate time leveling random alt to 70 just to put there DH to play - blizzard being retarded just for sake of being retarded - clearly if some of us leveled 20-30 toons to max is not evnough leveling for easy creation of DH

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Because "equivilent" is extremely hard to accomplish. Most specs if you pull them up on Icy-Veins right now have at least one tier, if not 5+, that only have one talent as "viable at all."
    Being difficult to accomplish is different to not bothering though. By saying
    The goal is for it to be the second or third best talent in that tier.
    they are basically saying they know it's bad and you should pick something else but they need 3 per tier so had to stick some shit there to fill the slot. It's just lazy. Everyone knows they'll never get every talent tier for every spec balanced perfectly but to actually plan for certain talents to be 'bad picks' is just poor design.

In this specific case, they know Demon Blades is crap, they should be tuning it with the goal of it being a viable choice. For some (like me) it'll probably always be ignored simply because it's a playstyle I don't enjoy but for others, there's no reason to not at least try give them that option. purposely tuning to make the talent less viable than the other two just makes it useless for everyone.
    Last edited by Sabrescene; 2016-07-30 at 05:47 AM.

Deleted
    10 bucks they aren't going to increase the size of the weapons of female blood elves. People have been complaining about too small weapons for so long but they always disregarded this because "There could be people who intentionally want ridiculously small weapons"...

15+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between over here and over there
    Demon Hunters are a simpler class so there won't be such a huge gap between the best and worst players.
    You underestimate your playerbase

Blizz are you kidding? I've been waiting for the Invasions since patch 7.0.3 launched and you told us they'll start in about two weeks. Now it's three weeks after 7.0.3 launch and I only reactivated my Account because I wanted to play through the Invasion phase. I have to wait another week now...

Demon Hunters are a simpler class so there won't be such a huge gap between the best and worst players.
    This actually surprised me a bit. Yes, it's easy to pick up and play, but the mastery curve is huge. At least from what I've seen on beta anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrescene View Post
    they are basically saying they know it's bad and you should pick something else but they need 3 per tier so had to stick some shit there to fill the slot. It's just lazy. Everyone knows they'll never get every talent tier for every spec balanced perfectly but to actually plan for certain talents to be 'bad picks' is just poor design.
    If they made Demon Blades even remotely good, they will get flak from the players that want more buttons. The community is especially sensitive about that now because of the ability prune. This is why they quickly nerfed the talent a couple weeks ago when it was over performing.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky91 View Post
    Blizz are you kidding? I've been waiting for the Invasions since patch 7.0.3 launched and you told us they'll start in about two weeks. Now it's three weeks after 7.0.3 launch and I only reactivated my Account because I wanted to play through the Invasion phase. I have to wait another week now...
    They never told you that. They told you it would be the second or third week of August.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Yeah I hate that Pandaren suddenly forgot they can speak the same language after growing up on the wandering isle...

I feel we're gonna end up with 35% given how easy the class will be, it wont be anything like DKs in Wrath, I wish it was...
    Not sure why you guys are worried about that. They allowed Pandarens to talk cross-factions since the prepatch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    By that logic making it "the second or third best talent in that tier" is equally as difficult to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    10 bucks they aren't going to increase the size of the weapons of female blood elves. People have been complaining about too small weapons for so long but they always disregarded this because "There could be people who intentionally want ridiculously small weapons"...
    Be quiet, first they need to fix the shoulder size on undead, specifically males. It is much more of an issue then your tiny weapon that still fits the size and model.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrescene View Post
    Being difficult to accomplish is different to not bothering though. By saying

In this specific case, they know Demon Blades is crap, they should be tuning it with the goal of it being a viable choice. For some (like me) it'll probably always be ignored simply because it's a playstyle I don't enjoy but for others, there's no reason to not at least try give them that option. purposely tuning to make the talent less viable than the other two just makes it useless for everyone.
    the talent makes your rotation easier to pull off at the cost of dps loss. sounds like a fair trade to me, and as they mentioned in the interview, for most people it will be actually dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    hope not or that will be 3 weeks wiht nothing new
    Somone actually said we will be doing broken shore while demon hunters are doing their starting area, so I could be wrong. I could have sworn that they said the broken shore would be the LAST thing we do tho. Who knowsl? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geso View Post
    But we attack the broken shore without demon hunters, hence why they can't do the scenario. Would feel weird to have them around before it. Not to mention the reason why they were allowed in to begin with.
    Yeah, you're right. I just swore I heard the devs say before that it would be the LAST thing we do AFTER demon invasions. Maybe they weren't planning on releasing demon hunters at the same time as the demon invasion. who knows? lol
    "Me not that kind of Orc!" -- ♥ ♥YouTube ♥ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    whata retarded decisions - DH would be perfect class for easy server rerolling but nooooo you just have to wate time leveling random alt to 70 just to put there DH to play - blizzard being retarded just for sake of being retarded - clearly if some of us leveled 20-30 toons to max is not evnough leveling for easy creation of DH
    At least they don't force you to go through WoD content as DH before joining the battle against the Legion, like they did with DKs. Instead of going to Northrend and fight LK, you've just escaped from his control after all, you have to go through Outland first.

I'm not saying i'm totally ok with it, but it could have been worse.