Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have pulled whole dungeons with mage, warlock and hunter pets, recently rerolled my dk to unholy in hopes of achieving such heights with him as well.

Deleted
    This would only be an issue if you were meant to skip content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    How is it solved if you still have to do this dismiss nonsense?
    An easy solution would be when you fall (1,5 seconds) the pet instantly auto dismisses, untill you hit ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They don't need to fix old, heavily flawed coding because people should learn to deal with it, okay.
    Yes it's old, but YOU are in control of YOUR pet. It's a design choice, not a flaw. You can try to swing it any way you want, they even stated in the past that the pet is the responsibility of the owner, much like in real life.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Yes it's old, but YOU are in control of YOUR pet. It's a design choice, not a flaw. You can try to swing it any way you want, they even stated in the past that the pet is the responsibility of the owner, much like in real life.
    It has nothing to do with choices nor responsibility. You choose what your pet does and are responsible for that. But you have no control over your pet's navigational software and are not responsible for its malfunction.

It's just bad design to dismiss a pet whenever you have to cross some obstacle that your pet cannot cross. Not to mention the fact that it breaks 'MURSION!!! which is so important to Blizzard nowadays. Pet should either auto dismiss/respawn in such situations or not pull any aggro from mobs unless ordered to.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I love it when hunters make a huge deal about absolutely nothing. Either dismiss the pet and re-summon, roll MM with Lone Wolf Talent ( we all know you're going to anyway cause it's the best for the foreseeable future ) or gtfo. It's a simple fix either way. why is this an issue now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It has nothing to do with choices nor responsibility. You choose what your pet does and are responsible for that. But you have no control over your pet's navigational software and are not responsible for its malfunction.

It's just bad design to dismiss a pet whenever you have to cross some obstacle that your pet cannot cross. Not to mention the fact that it breaks 'MURSION!!! which is so important to Blizzard nowadays. Pet should either auto dismiss/respawn in such situations or not pull any aggro from mobs unless ordered to.
    Whoa, I never said it was good design I do agree that there could be better systems in place, but until that happens, the point still stands. It's your pet and it's your responsibility it doesn't pull the entire dungeon

Deleted
    Other classes pets still pull shit, but can be dismissed instantly. Cast time for warlocks is on the summon. Hunters just have it the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just play marbles, if you can't handle the hunter mechanics.
    These mechanics exist since vanilla, and are part of what hunter is. It's actually made better, or say got dumbed down and debugged.
    Most of the time the pet vanishes now, since it will likely get out of range on it's detour if it takes one.
    At a short jump it remains with you and jumps too.
    But, as an experienced hunter you dismiss it to be safe. Idk, I don't even think about this anymore. That's an automatic action I execute.
    AND.
    Honestly, for WoD prior Pre-patch
    If you do a dungeon with your pet out, but without the need to provide a buff, you failed.
    And since the pre-patch is out now anyway, there's no longer a buff provision.
    Go Lone Wolf, and screw the pet entirely while in a dungeon.
    Another aspect..
    Considering how great it was to have a dps pet, but if shit went south to summon the tank pet to save the day.
    With the talent change to all pets have the same talent tree, that no longer works, and makes the pet in the dungeon even more redundant.
    So, from that aspect too.. back to Lone Wolf.

I love my pets. They're awesome when you solo.
    I still have my faithful buddy I tamed back in Vanilla.
    And I am weirdly attached to him, that I feel like a betrayer when I dismiss him.
    But then, sometimes some things just make more sense than being sentimental.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I haven't dismissed my pet like this for quite some time. I'm pretty sure Blizzard made it so your pet just vanishes (you have to recall it), or it just ports to your location. Honestly, I haven't seen this in awhile now.
    Yeah, it normally vanishes when you're out of range. the OP sounds like some bug.
    Would help to know the instance, to make a better judgment.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

It is part of a pet class.
    If you refuse to do that, then it isn't our fault.
    Pet management, as simple as that.
    Be it turning off its taunt when in a group, to dismissing it when appropriate.
    And this comes from someone who mains a warlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post

So I ask. Why is it that I have to dismiss my pet during EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DUNGEON OR RAID because BLIZZARD can't set up a system that doesn't cause a pet to aggro unintentional mobs, when they have been FULLY FUCKING CAPABLE OF DOING SO, for 12 YEARS.

I LIKE HAVING A PET. DON'T FORCE ME TO GO SOLO BECAUSE OF YOUR SHODDY PROGRAMMING.
    because you play in a group and you have to be considerate to other. It's not ok to ruin other players's experience just because you like having a pet. Either learn your pet pathing and recognize the time you need to dismiss it (or put in passive), or don't use it at all.

Deleted
    > Play the easiest class in the whole game
    > Complain

I've noticed recently, like in Gnomer where it's really the culprit, sometimes the pet will teleport to you when you jump. It doesn't always happen, which can be annoying. I know the pains of jumping with a pet, but you either learn to dismiss or keep being called a huntard or locktard.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

And people wonder why we call hunters 'huntards'?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    Dismissing your pet is part of being a pet class, if you don't like it play another class or go MM. It is a 3 sec cast, not life changing in any way.
    Perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, it could be a bug, because I really can't remember the last time my pet came in hot with enemy mobs.
    Is this heavy sarcasm? Because it happens every day while I'm tanking. Shadowmoon, even after I remind everyone - every damn time.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

You're lucky because now Dismiss Pet doesn't have line of sight issues like it used to so even if you forget to dismiss you can hit the oh crap button and hopefully FD the horde of mobs coming your way.

But yes, part of playing a pet class is managing your pet and that includes knowing what your pet will do when you decide to jump down somewhere, be it to skip content or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    I was recently in a Dungeon Group with a few rando's. It was all fine until my Pet accidentally kept on pulling mobs, and the first time it was because it was a Cliff, so of course the dumb pet just goes the LONGEST POSSIBLE ROUTE and AGGRO'S EVERYTHING.
    So this is what they told me.
    "Dismiss your pet."
    Dismiss. Yes, I understand, "But you should ALWAYS dismiss your pet in some situations as a Hunter!"
    But let me ask you this.
    Has a Warlock's Imp, Felguard, or ANY Minion EVER pulled more mobs than intended? Have they ever been scolded by a group, and forcibly removed from combat, forcing a Warlock to go solo, because their Minion is dumb as bricks? How about a Death Knight and his Ghoul?

Nope. Those pets somehow know NOT TO AGGRO ANY MOBS. In fact, they act like the USAIN BOLT and RUSH to your location if you've gotten to a location that is farther away from them.
    But Hunter Pets? Nooo. They meander their way to your location, slowly, and make sure they pick up EVERY SINGLE ENEMY ALONG THE WAY.

So I ask. Why is it that I have to dismiss my pet during EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DUNGEON OR RAID because BLIZZARD can't set up a system that doesn't cause a pet to aggro unintentional mobs, when they have been FULLY FUCKING CAPABLE OF DOING SO, for 12 YEARS.

I LIKE HAVING A PET. DON'T FORCE ME TO GO SOLO BECAUSE OF YOUR SHODDY PROGRAMMING.
    This is what Lone Wolf was invented for...

Learn to dismiss your pet, it's not like it takes forever to resummon it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    This is what Lone Wolf was invented for...
    No, Lone Wolf was invented for people that didn't wanna play a pet class yet stubbornly did. They overtuned it, making it mandatory, and translated that into "EVERYONE LOVES IT!".

Just Blizzard stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    However it's a STUPID design choice. Your pet follows you faithfully except if you hop down a cliff... THEN it refuses to do what you do and runs around.

Now, given that they can't or won't fix it, OP should obviously just solve the issue for themselves and dismiss the pet... The really annoying thing is if you're not focused and forget. Then, you get the entire fracking instance...