Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm back and hyped. But I know that it's way too early to tell anything about the new expansion. Ask me again around oct-nov.

Do you think it Will be the same lounch as WOD which sucked so hard you could barely lvl up

Quote Originally Posted by Martinezzz View Post
    No thanks i m not returning WOD sucked and i think Legion is WOD reskined
    Let's see:

Complete different class designs.
    Class Halls.
    Complete different PvP system (no need to change gear pvp/pve and award system that's endless)
    Complete freed up economy. Some people make 30k Gold in just a few hours, that's FREE playing time btw...
    Abandoning the Garrison system PER avatar you play. Garrisons killed pretty much the MOST important thing in on line play and that's the economy...
    Dungeon oriented.
    And everything from the start cross realm economy (the bigger the markets the better).
    And a few other dozen changes...

So nope, you are dead wrong. No problem. Your miss is my gain

I LOVE freedom in an MMORPG and this time Blizzard hit that sweet little spot for me. You play that part that interests you MOST ... and make money. Because money makes the world go around, not only in reality but also in Azeroth Gold.

I am so glad someone at Blizzard saw the Light after 4-5 years of darkness really. D3 Vanilla was the last time they got me really excited.

AT LAST WoW is back on track with this Gold economy again and it ain't a second too soon ....
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-07-30 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    . And the PvP system is the best ever.
    Well that auto- balancing is better than no balance at all...
    However, i don't know how artifacts will work in PvP. If you have to grind them to be complete in PvP, then it will be worst as for balance than any previous expansion. 10% by gear is nothing, a good player can outplay it. Complete Artifact vs incomplete/new player/half complete artifact will be insane difference.... a guy that can pick from all honor talents vs a guy that just started PvP will make the same difference as we had with balancing by gear alone...
    In other words, it will be the same...It just doesn't focus in gearing.

Unless artifact gets auto-complete in PvP too (i don't know but i don't think so though).

people can make money again now that the WoD Garrison resources dried up and so the economy is free again
    But you can just buy gold from Blizzard now so what's the point? Making gold was one of the main things I enjoyed in WoW back in the day. You quickly pass the point where the gold is practically useful and serves only as a scorecard on how well you're doing at the (mini) game of gold making. By selling gold, Blizzard made that part of the game straight up pay-to-win.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCola View Post
    But you can just buy gold from Blizzard now so what's the point? Making gold was one of the main things I enjoyed in WoW back in the day. You quickly pass the point where the gold is practically useful and serves only as a scorecard on how well you're doing at the (mini) game of gold making. By selling gold, Blizzard made that part of the game straight up pay-to-win.
    LoL. YOU can sell Gold and get FREE playing time. It is something that was used by EVE for more than a decade and was considered the Holy Grail of its success.

Playing the game and get FREE playing money replacing real money is what made EVE such a long term success with 500k + players on ...

It is also a joke of an OLD troll argument btw. I guess you were one of these idiotic complainers about Vanilla D3 Gold AH's. Tell you what mate: D3 NOW is complete DEAD and rotten because they scrapped ANY form of trading.

That's what you get when listening to your pathetic arguments of anti Gold/trading economies: dead games.

I don't have ANY pity on guys like you. This kind of idiots killed MY D3 Gold driven HARDCORE playing mode. I will never fogive or forget that. I hope people like you leave ASAP and go play Pokemon.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-07-30 at 09:01 AM.

Honestly until the 9th I'm bored and unhyped as hell. Done the pamphlet crap and learnt Hunter, Shaman, Warrior and Druid all over again. I'm on 2 of the biggest EU servers and it just seems nobody gives a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly until the 9th I'm bored and unhyped as hell. Done the pamphlet crap and learnt Hunter, Shaman, Warrior and Druid all over again. I'm on 2 of the biggest EU servers and it just seems nobody gives a crap.
    The LEAVE asap instead of posting useless crap all over the place.

Do you hate so much you post in every positive thread a negative remark that ABSOLUTELY makes no sense at all ?

So you interviewed 30.000 people ... ROFL. How silly.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-07-30 at 09:06 AM.

The LEAVE asap instead of posting useless crap all over the place.

Do you hate so much you post in every positive thread a negative remark that ABSOLUTEY makes no sense at all ?
    Oh shut up Ben. I merely said I found myself with nothing to do until then and unlike previous expansions I don't feel as hyped as I normally do and that I haven't noticed it much on Outland and Silvermoon as I previously have. If you don't like my opinion feel free to use the ignore feature built into this website.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-30 at 09:09 AM.

Talk again 1 month after the lounch

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think they dont say how manny sub are there. Legion wont even make 5 mil subs again WOW is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Martinezzz View Post
    Talk again 1 month after the lounch

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think they dont say how manny sub are there. Legion wont even make 5 mil subs again WOW is dead
    Yeah and the Earth is flat....

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive resubbed and purchased Legion as im saving and plan to put my social life on hold. Im also enjoying Survival but i must say im expecting more of the same WoD style WoW.

I'll be on here in a couple of month no doubt with a pet lip on saying the game is dead.

Deleted
    What's the marketing campaign been like for legion? Personally, I haven't seen a single thing for legion. No advert at all on TV etc. I saw a lot for WOD before the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This isn't the first time I've heard stuff like this about this particular beta, and I can't recall people being that disappointed in the game in previous beta tests. Generally people are excited to beta test the new expansion.

Bad sign.

I was going to preorder legion when the prepatch was released...

Then I received a beta invite 2 weeks before the patch. Don't need to resub just to play beta so I was happy to get a completely free sneak peak.

Now I'm never buying legion.

They totally screwed my preferred class/spec (going back to late vanilla when I switched mains). I've been peeved about class design before, but since I've already been unsubbed since last October it's easy to say this is the straw that broke the camel's back. Blues haven't responded to my specs official beta feedback thread in MONTHS. But that's typical of blizzard in feedback threads. Why they even make those threads is a mystery.

At least I'll have a bit of mindless fun when the new Diablo season starts next week. Other than Diablo, I'm currently over blizzards ip's.
    Last edited by Elhaym; 2016-07-30 at 09:52 AM.

Deleted
    Perceptions are hard to change, especially when there is such a dearth of credibility after Warlords of Draenor. I'm half hoping Blizzard is playing it somewhat cool and wants to let Legion itself do the talking. But when I look at YouTube there's very little buzz from Beta players; just the usual trite 'How to Make Gold in Legion' and 'Ten Tips for Death Knights in Legion' shenanigans.

In hindsight, the timing of the Classic uproar a month or so before the release of the movie was probably rather bad. Instead of being a one-two punch; Movie and then Legion there was a lot of moaning and complaining in the month leading up to the movie, and then to make matter worse there were still no signs of Legion once the movie was in cinemas. If they wanted the movie to bring in new or old players they might have wanted to make sure they returned to a playerbase excited with the new expansion rather than one utterly bored after yet another year-long content drought.

no hype just rage

I think I played around 70hrs in beta, tried all the classes, completed paladin order hall campaign, got to 110 tried dungeons and first raid LFR when it was available on weekends.

Honestly it looks pretty decent and a fun expansion however I don't have any friends left who still play wow and as a solo game MMORPGs aren't really fun and they continue on without you which makes you feel obligated to play. So I haven't bought legion, instead I bought some cheap single player RPG games on steam and will play that. If my old gaming crew decides to return for legion then perhaps I will buy it then. Otherwise I'm just done I realize I'm grinding epics and ilvl for absolutely no reason, I dont even have a friend in wow anymore to brag about it to that cares. All my gaming friends on that h1z1 life and some overwatch here and there.

TLDR: looks alright but you need gaming friends to make mmorpgs really fun.
    Last edited by Brewhan; 2016-07-30 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    WoW used to be a game where you made friends. The way it was designed just catalyzed the creation of very strong social groups and friendships. When I played WoW I didn't have a single friend real life friend that played it, but through the game I made dozens of friends that I also met in real life.

Today's WoW design is just the opposite. They are systematically removing everything that causes players to depend on each other (from micro-level mechanics like threat, to macro-level tools like LFR). They have also removed the need to stick with the game over a longer term, so many people just come to see the new patch content and then just leave the game until the next content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    no hype just rage

I think I played around 70hrs in beta, tried all the classes, completed paladin order hall campaign, got to 110 tried dungeons and first raid LFR when it was available on weekends.

Honestly it looks pretty decent and a fun expansion however I don't have any friends left who still play wow and as a solo game MMORPGs aren't really fun and they continue on without you which makes you feel obligated to play. So I haven't bought legion, instead I bought some cheap single player RPG games on steam and will play that. If my old gaming crew decides to return for legion then perhaps I will buy it then. Otherwise I'm just done I realize I'm grinding epics and ilvl for absolutely no reason, I dont even have a friend in wow anymore to brag about it to that cares. All my gaming friends on that h1z1 life and some overwatch here and there.

Seems like you would like to play it.. so here's a thought... make new friends. I hear that excuse all the time.. "my friends no longer play"... so make new friends... you don;t have to ditch the old ones... just have more.

It's OK... I promise.. having even more friends can be pretty cool.

It is the combo of things I guess: again a new cross realm economy, the brand new PvP system combined with a fresh air of freedom and new class design ...

Pretty much essential things that changed....
    New stuff and things changing is WoD 2.0? Couldn't we just technically call this TBC 6.0 then?

I did not return but from the information I have most of people I know that quit during wod are giving it a try
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic