Deleted

enraged regeneration proposed improvment

Greeting fellow warriors.

had a little thought about enraged regen, as its changed drastically from what it was. what if it removed the CD from blood thirst while it is active maybe increase the heal by 10% instead of 20%, and possible reduce to 1.30 min CD.

i haven't played fury much as of yet, but plan to through legion, so my ideas may be defunkt, but from a pvp perspective our survivability (at least in my eyes) is very low, i get the class fantasy of the raging berserker etc. and understand it, but 30/20% more damage in pvp is a little cray

what do you guys think, and have i missed a DR somewhere in my spell book ?

cheers
    wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaAverageGamers View Post
    Greeting fellow warriors.

had a little thought about enraged regen, as its changed drastically from what it was. what if it removed the CD from blood thirst while it is active maybe increase the heal by 10% instead of 20%, and possible reduce to 1.30 min CD.

i haven't played fury much as of yet, but plan to through legion, so my ideas may be defunkt, but from a pvp perspective our survivability (at least in my eyes) is very low, i get the class fantasy of the raging berserker etc. and understand it, but 30/20% more damage in pvp is a little cray

what do you guys think, and have i missed a DR somewhere in my spell book ?

cheers
    wiki.
    It's not meant to be used for damage, it's a defensive ability. It's already pretty strong in PvE, mix it with Slaughterhouse in PvP and it's a ton of extra healing.

Whats wrong with it? Its one of the few self healing mechanics still remaining in the game.

You can use this ability in conjunction with 2 other talents to amplify its healing. A. Doubletime, B. Furious Charge. In PvE you can use these abilities to heal yourself to full health, each charge/bloodthirst will heal ~40% of your health. In PvP, Bloodthirst healing was nerfed(cut in half) because it was too strong, but you can still combine these talents to great result.

Deleted
    yeah i see your point,

i didnt mention to do damage, the 30/20% was the extra damage you take from enrage..

yeah i see your point,

i didnt mention to do damage, the 30/20% was the extra damage you take from enrage..
    But removing the cooldown of Bloodthirst would lead to it having a damage based component. It would be used for burst rage generation/enrage triggering just as much as defensively.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    But removing the cooldown of Bloodthirst would lead to it having a damage based component. It would be used for burst rage generation/enrage triggering just as much as defensively.
    ahh i see what your saying. i does pretty low damage anyhow, but yeh i get ya now. not sure how it would balance but 4% heal isnt much when you take 30% more damage(enraged). its ~24k heal which to be honest is 1 attack.

but i do see your point about the damage.

ahh i see what your saying. i does pretty low damage anyhow, but yeh i get ya now. not sure how it would balance but 4% heal isnt much when you take 30% more damage(enraged). its ~24k heal which to be honest is 1 attack.

but i do see your point about the damage.
    30% damage is offset by extra health, which that 4% heal is derived from. I agree it's not much when you're getting hit by multiple targets, but it can stand up to one fairly well. ER is nice because it isn't consumed by one Bloodthirst, it affects all uses for the duration (typically 2-3). In PvP, the 50% healing reduction does hurt, but mixing it with the talent Slaughterhouse works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by MattEffect View Post
    Whats wrong with it? Its one of the few self healing mechanics still remaining in the game.
    "It's one of the few self healing abilities left in the game". Meanwhile literally every single pure and hybrid class has some sort of in combat self heal except arms warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    "It's one of the few self healing abilities left in the game". Meanwhile literally every single pure and hybrid class has some sort of in combat self heal except arms warriors.
    For warriors its true. A lot of abilities were pruned for other classes as well, but warriors had 2 self heals per spec. Now one of them is prot only and the other is fury only. Second wind sounds great for leveling, maybe raiding idk, but the second you get a 40 sec duration corruption on yourself, it looks like the worst talent for pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they made a talent that made Enraged Regeneration passive and will be applied whenever you're enraged but at a reduced amount, maybe 5% every second. I haven't gotten around to playing with warrior since Patch or on Beta but I just looked it up but the damage reduction would be great in a raid setting.

I've also notice blizzard crippled a lot of Dps self healing, which is great for PVP but sucks if you want to solo old raids.

Deleted
    yeah , i dont see the extra health though, at least in pvp i have the same health as a frost dk, ret pally, arms warrior. granted i, not ultra geared or anything, if any thing im under geared, but pvp templates are base foral classes i believe, so by default fury warrior should have more stam than other plate wearers, or is that pve only ?. pretty lame for killing players if thats the case.. hehe may be a bug and not working, might just be me. i wonder if a 1 min CD would be better or would that still make it op.. i dunno

yeah , i dont see the extra health though, at least in pvp i have the same health as a frost dk, ret pally, arms warrior. granted i, not ultra geared or anything, if any thing im under geared, but pvp templates are base foral classes i believe, so by default fury warrior should have more stam than other plate wearers, or is that pve only ?. pretty lame for killing players if thats the case.. hehe may be a bug and not working, might just be me. i wonder if a 1 min CD would be better or would that still make it op.. i dunno
    PvP stats are derived from your ilvl. It's really quite misleading; they made it seem as though everyone in PvP were on an equal footing with predetermined stats, when in actuality, it's not much different than before. Only now, the stats on your gear doesn't matter, as they'll be replaced by the auto-tuning based on your ilvl. In practice this just means you get to be lazy, and don't have to figure out what gear is "best", since the game will do it for you.

As for extra health, Fury is definitely higher than other specs, though some of it will end up coming from the artifact, so you might not see it as pronounced right now. Pre-patch isn't meant to be perfectly balanced.

how about touch of zakajz + mortal combo a meager 6% heal at last, but unlike a frost dks death strike its useable and doesn't cost insane amount of resources + you use ms anyways often enough.

Second Wind sounds like a joke especially against dotters but if the tooltip is really corrects its a huge 6% selfhel per second, compare this to druids gift of ysera, it always works but its heal is much lower only 3% hp per 5 seconds, plus you have the mobility to escape easily enough in a bg or even arena behind a pillar, with some peels from another class this might work, problem is dots might ruin it and will.

Survivability could be much worser though, i'll prefere def stance and zakajz + mortal combo much more than any new dk design, cause they lost all their def and cc breakers, no blood presence and death syphon/ghul sac must also mean you can easily kill one now as a warrior something hardly imaginable in WoD. Fun times ahead!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MattEffect View Post
    For warriors its true. A lot of abilities were pruned for other classes as well, but warriors had 2 self heals per spec. Now one of them is prot only and the other is fury only. Second wind sounds great for leveling, maybe raiding idk, but the second you get a 40 sec duration corruption on yourself, it looks like the worst talent for pvp.
    Perhaps second wind works against dots when protected by a priest's power word: shield? Since it protects a rogue's stealth when facing dotters why should it not work to protect second wind heals against dots?

Second does not work as long as you're taking damage. Including absorbed damage. It is literally utterly useless and essentially non existent if taken for competitive pvp. Touch of zakajz can heal you for a whopping 100k if you have all CDs stacked for a single massive ms every minute and a half. It's worth less than a single gcd of taken damage.

Frost dks get massive heals during ibf from death strike. Uh dk is pretty badly off last I checked but still has the option to triple death strike every 10 seconds for more than 100k hp which, while very weak, is still better than arms.

There's really no comparison for how weak arms is defensively. The only logical argument to be made is that arms is a burst monstrosity that can 3 hit kill things; but that's going to get an inevitable and much needed nerf(NOTHING should be balanced around that stupid overtuned damage).
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Second does not work as long as you're taking damage. Including absorbed damage. It is literally utterly useless and essentially non existent if taken for competitive pvp. Touch of zakajz can heal you for a whopping 100k if you have all CDs stacked for a single massive ms every minute and a half. It's worth less than a single gcd of taken damage.

Frost dks get massive heals during ibf from death strike. Uh dk is pretty badly off last I checked but still has the option to triple death strike every 10 seconds for more than 100k hp which, while very weak, is still better than arms.

There's really no comparison for how weak arms is defensively. The only logical argument to be made is that arms is a burst monstrosity that can 3 hit kill things; but that's going to get an inevitable and much needed nerf(NOTHING should be balanced around that stupid overtuned damage).
    Unholy is actually extremely good defensively, much better than Frost. You're forgetting that Unholy has corpse shield which is basically 90% reduction for 10 seconds on a 1 min cd. That is insanely powerful especially with AMS and free Death Strikes because Death Coil sucks anyway.

Frost loses way too much damage from using Death Strike where the only time its ever really good is during IBF which is on a 3 min cd. And most of Frost relies way too much on melee range while Unholy can just smack people from afar.

I've played DK on beta and there's no chance Frost is going to be viable in PvP just because of how powerful Unholy is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Unholy is actually extremely good defensively, much better than Frost. You're forgetting that Unholy has corpse shield which is basically 90% reduction for 10 seconds on a 1 min cd. That is insanely powerful especially with AMS and free Death Strikes because Death Coil sucks anyway.

Frost loses way too much damage from using Death Strike where the only time its ever really good is during IBF which is on a 3 min cd. And most of Frost relies way too much on melee range while Unholy can just smack people from afar.

I've played DK on beta and there's no chance Frost is going to be viable in PvP just because of how powerful Unholy is.
    I wasn't talking about mitigation, just healing. If we're talking defensive abilities instead of healing, arms is actually better than frost. It's just arms' staying power in pvp that's in question and the underlying problem with it is lack of in combat healing.

Warriors self-healing is just ridiculous now..