Thread: Outlaw Offhand

Outlaw Offhand

For my offhand weapon, I have a choice between an ilvl 715 weapon, crafted with a 695 dagger and 2 other crafted pieces Ilvl 725, head and cloak. Or I could go back to a 685 cloak and use 2 crafted weapons 715 ilvl.

Shadow craft is not working for me or I would have used it. Perhaps there is another sim I could use or maybe you guys know the answer.

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go highest ilvl weapons you can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I can't entirely tell by the content of your post, but I'm thinking you're still under the assumption you're limited to a few crafted items, but it appears that has changed and you can use as many as you want.

Deleted
    In a few weeks time legion proper is going to hit , so then you will get the proper outlaw weapons , so atm , just run with the highest ilvl slow weapons you have

Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    I can't entirely tell by the content of your post, but I'm thinking you're still under the assumption you're limited to a few crafted items, but it appears that has changed and you can use as many as you want.
    You can still only use 3 crafted items. That changes when Legion goes live. I am just looking for solutions till then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    In a few weeks time legion proper is going to hit , so then you will get the proper outlaw weapons , so atm , just run with the highest ilvl slow weapons you have
    So, run 2 slow 715, even if I have to go to a 685 or less cloak or helm?

I sure miss Shadowcraft! Is there anything similar?

simcraft. but it's not as simple to use.
    and yes, for any melee, weapons beat out most other slots.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Do they have APL's for 7.0 specs? I'd love to sim my gear options

Are weapon speeds still a factor? Does going with 2 slow weapons make a difference over going with a slow/fast combination for example?

Unless there is an ability that makes your offhand do instant weapon damage, it probably won't matter. Truthfully I haven't done a ton of research as to whether or not this is the case or not, but it ultimately comes down to that.

I highly, highly doubt Blizzard will make slow offhands punishing, but they might make fast offhands punishing. I kind of doubt it will matter, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Unless there is an ability that makes your offhand do instant weapon damage
    That's exactly what our mastery is

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    That's exactly what our mastery is
    I figured, but I wasn't certain because I hadn't checked the changes specifically for it. A lot of stuff has changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I figured, but I wasn't certain because I hadn't checked the changes specifically for it. A lot of stuff has changed.
    Yeah, I got lucky with week and got three 720 weps (Two slow, and a dagger) so I've been messing with it.
    From what I understand, I want a slow OH for harder hitting gauche procs, but I'm not sure about my MH. Don't know if a fast weapon has a higher chance to proc my gauche, or if I show go slow/slow for harder hitting autos

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't know about rogues but for my balance druid even the stats difference between 715 and 720 does a lot, so I'd go itemlevel above all else, especially if you get a net gain of 20+ levels from the items you are considering.

a newbie question: what's all this slow/fast weapon thing all about?! I'm new to rogue and now I'm hearing things i've never heard before... fast off hand - slow main hand etc... is there any link explaining about this fast/slow thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did a quick 5 min test (so nothing close to be considered official) but with the same OH, and switching between a dagger and a slow axe, I had 43 gauche procs with the dagger, and 29 with the axe.
    The Axe does have mastery on it, and that made me remember I have scales of doom on so I was getting mastery procs. Gonna rerun it without that on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer7 View Post
    a newbie question: what's all this slow/fast weapon thing all about?! I'm new to rogue and now I'm hearing things i've never heard before... fast off hand - slow main hand etc... is there any link explaining about this fast/slow thing?
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...pons-fastslow/
    The link is a couple years old, but it covers some general information (and links to other places) bout weapon speed for combat rogues (now Outlaw, so some of the information has changed a bit)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, pulled all mastery proccing items
    Slow/Slow gave me 24 Gauche procs (with slightly higher maastery due to one weapon having it stat-ed) 5.1k DPS
    Fast/Slow gave me 41 Gauche procs with 3% less mastery than the other combo. 5.2K DPS
    Slow/Fast gave me 30 gauche procs. 4.6k DPS

Not that it'll matter here in a few weeks, but as long as your OH is slow it doesn't seem to matter what speed your MH is