Page 83 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So I had an opportunity to play bearcat in a full clear on heroic. At a 717 ilvl I managed to rank in the 90th+ percentile every fight I was able to bearcat (assault was the only one I didn't bearcat on). So I'm sitting with around 1300 all star points atm. This really shows how powerful bearcat is right now. I would assume that this is going to be the way to play for progression next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyraan View Post
    So I had an opportunity to play bearcat in a full clear on heroic. At a 717 ilvl I managed to rank in the 90th+ percentile every fight I was able to bearcat (assault was the only one I didn't bearcat on). So I'm sitting with around 1300 all star points atm. This really shows how powerful bearcat is right now. I would assume that this is going to be the way to play for progression next expansion.
    Or, they expect Guardian Druids to be DPS that sometimes tanks rather then the other way around.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

How is the proc chance on adaptive fur? Does it proc pretty regularly on the first elemental dmg attack or is it random?

Adaptive Fur has a 25% chance to proc on damage and lasts 15 seconds. It's not really useful when you are only occasionally getting hit by magical damage, but it should have 90-100% uptime on frequent sources of magic damage such as DoTs, pure spell casters, and raid-wide aura damage.

Hey, doing timewalking this week I noticed that Valor Medal of the First War still has bonus armor on it on use, and the armor is affected by Ironfur. Not sure if this is intended or if it will be fixed, but 1200 extra armor is about a 6% damage decrease before Ironfur.

Quote Originally Posted by The Inevitable View Post
    Adaptive Fur has a 25% chance to proc on damage and lasts 15 seconds. It's not really useful when you are only occasionally getting hit by magical damage, but it should have 90-100% uptime on frequent sources of magic damage such as DoTs, pure spell casters, and raid-wide aura damage.
    oh last i heard it had a pretty long rppm or something, thats good to hear that it doesnt anymore

- - - Updated - - -

i remember hearing about threat issues bears were having. is that still a thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    oh last i heard it had a pretty long rppm or something, thats good to hear that it doesnt anymore

- - - Updated - - -

i remember hearing about threat issues bears were having. is that still a thing?
    Bears won't have issues with threat once artifacts come out. Also bear threat isn't low, others are just broken/high. Pallys have really broken threat that should be fixed and DK's have a bit higher threat which will most likely stay. Anyways bears seem like they will be AMAZING off tanks in legion so threat won't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Hey, doing timewalking this week I noticed that Valor Medal of the First War still has bonus armor on it on use, and the armor is affected by Ironfur. Not sure if this is intended or if it will be fixed, but 1200 extra armor is about a 6% damage decrease before Ironfur.
    There is plenty old items that still have mechanics that new gear would no longer have, its not the only one.
    Plenty powerful items from the past which one can use in Timewalking.

Deleted
    Anyways bears seem like they will be AMAZING tanks in legion so threat won't really matter.
    Fixed that for ya

Bears won't have issues with threat once artifacts come out. Also bear threat isn't low, others are just broken/high. Pallys have really broken threat that should be fixed and DK's have a bit higher threat which will most likely stay. Anyways bears seem like they will be AMAZING off tanks in legion so threat won't really matter.
    Artifacts won't fix threat problems, because all artifacts have DPS boost traits for all tanks. Pally and DK have a lot more DPS traits than we do on their Artifact

Quote Originally Posted by fanghorn83 View Post

A mention if by some miracle Blizz Developers read this (Lol) is that Charge should be baseline. We have little to no mobility compared to Warriors, Demon Hunters and Monks. Why are we forced to decide between Guttering Roar and Charge? Because ultimately we will always have to take Roar so why not just give us charge as a standard ability?
    Would this only be a quality of life thing? I think it is important that each tank has their own quirks and advantages / disadvantages. Charge is not vital to raiding in almost every circumstance.
    Last edited by Conscripts; 2016-07-30 at 05:11 PM.

When you guys say "bearcat" are you talking about taking the feral affinity? I've read the resto affinity is great for yseras gift and that balance was the go to dps one if you wanted to go dps when off tanking. Is feral the better option or are you guys referring to something else?

Quote Originally Posted by globezorz View Post
    When you guys say "bearcat" are you talking about taking the feral affinity? I've read the resto affinity is great for yseras gift and that balance was the go to dps one if you wanted to go dps when off tanking. Is feral the better option or are you guys referring to something else?
    Bearcat is referring to using bear to dps, the switching to cat to dps until you're out of energy, then swapping back to bear for a while until your energy is back up.

Bearcat can be effective, but something i noticed that wasn't said but should be said which is...

When you Bearcat fights that have tank swaps, you need to pay close attention to the timers/when its time to taunt back. Because when you go back into Bear you are set back to 20 rage. When you do taunt, you should be doing so with 80+rage and an IF buff up other wise you are going to end up taunting with low rage and no IF which is really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Bearcat can be effective, but something i noticed that wasn't said but should be said which is...

When you Bearcat fights that have tank swaps, you need to pay close attention to the timers/when its time to taunt back. Because when you go back into Bear you are set back to 20 rage. When you do taunt, you should be doing so with 80+rage and an IF buff up other wise you are going to end up taunting with low rage and no IF which is really bad.
    If you're undergeared maybe. At this point with all the nerfs nothing comes even close to killing you.

Balance affinity was the go-to for DPS back in beta ages ago. Currently the best for single target and most situations is feral affinity. To maximise your DPS, you shift repeatedly between bear and cat form and back.

So levelling this artifact on beta. I went gory fur then went for the defensives with bear hug, frenzied regen etc. I felt like frenzied regen was healing for less with that perk fully levelled....im sure i wasnt but felt negligable. Wondering if at least before raids its better to go the offensive route and head straight for embrace

so, fairly uselkess question: agi pot or versatility pot? is it even close?

Quote Originally Posted by Conscripts View Post
    Would this only be a quality of life thing? I think it is important that each tank has their own quirks and advantages / disadvantages. Charge is not vital to raiding in almost every circumstance.
    Well ye it is a quality of life thing I guess. But if you think about it, Blizzards aim has been to really get deep into the class fantasy and if anything an animal/bear should be able to charge surely? It makes less sense for a warrior to charge for example...

- - - Updated - - -

I tanked HFC HC last week (my ilvl being 719 and the other warrior tank being around 725) and I never once struggled with threat.

- - - Updated - - -

The simple answer: Agility if you arent battling with survivability. If you dont need the damage reduction or extra heals then Versatility shouldnt really be needed. ..
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    so, fairly uselkess question: agi pot or versatility pot? is it even close?

The only issues with threat I have seen are against other tanks, as some of them are ridiculously high on threat right now (as-in I believe theirs is too high, not ours too low). But never had any issues against DPS. Neither in HFC nor in the beta at 110.