Poll: What do you think of cross faction communication?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Post "Demon Hunters can communicate cross-faction with Demonic."

thoughts on this? and isn't it clearly stated in the rules that you get banned/silenced for communicating with the other faction?

I dunno. Is it stated (i.e. Have you read them)?

10+ Year Old Account
    never heard about that its against the rules, but what i would like to see that they add this to pandas too
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    what bad about it?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    thoughts on this? and isn't it clearly stated in the rules that you get banned/silenced for communicating with the other faction?
    Pretty sure it would be an offense if you communicate with the other faction through other not-so-Blizzard-endorsed ways. However, I think this is pretty exciting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    never heard about that its against the rules, but what i would like to see that they add this to pandas too
    this please, i have no idea why they dont allow the pandaren to communicate with each other.
    it makes not even sense.

Formerly known as Arafal

I like it as long as it's not enabled in BGs. That would get old really fast.

Also, if they're doing this, can we finally have a neutral pandaren language? It was divided into two purely for gameplay and now DHs are going to make that a non-issue. I don't even play a pandaren or even like the race but the fact that one race on two different factions can't communicate is kinda ridiculous.

You act as if it wouldn't be hard to get on vent and talk to the other faction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    this please, i have no idea why they dont allow the pandaren to communicate with each other.
    it makes not even sense.
    Since this patch you can communicate with Ally/Horde Pandas in Pandaren Language.
    Try it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whu Pan View Post
    Since this patch you can communicate with Ally/Horde Pandas in Pandaren Language.
    Try it.
    thank goodness.
    at least some sense went into blizzs brains.

Formerly known as Arafal

Works fine in SW:TOR. IIRC only local /say and not trolling General or Trade, but then we can't use race languages in those channels anyway.

This will be a great social experiment for them, to see what effect this has on the community. I think it will overall be positive, with some being forced to stop looking at other players as "the enemy" and instead as actual people. But I also expect situations like in the movie The Rundown with Dwayne Johnson where Sean Scott's character is lying about what the other said. "He says that he pisses on your ancestors... and that you would make a very pretty bride".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY94iozv22Y

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo42 View Post
    Works fine in SW:TOR. IIRC only local /say and not trolling General or Trade, but then we can't use race languages in those channels anyway.

This will be a great social experiment for them, to see what effect this has on the community. I think it will overall be positive, with some being forced to stop looking at other players as "the enemy" and instead as actual people. But I also expect situations like in the movie The Rundown with Dwayne Johnson where Sean Scott's character is lying about what the other said. "He says that he pisses on your ancestors... and that you would make a very pretty bride".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY94iozv22Y
    Wait, I thought that Wookies could only speak Wookie?

Or was that in the shut-down SW MMO, galaxies or whatever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    And... why can’t death knights communicate with other DKs using the scourge language? Hmm? Blizzard?
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    Pretty sure demonology warlocks can already do this while using metamorphosis anyway. Could in TBC at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you have read these rules wrong.

There is no rule against communicating with the other faction, the rules are against abuse and misuse of methods to do so. Like, an addon where they could read other things than it should (old, and fixed, if I recall), or the code language, where they can put together some words thanks to some smart writing.

Though, communicating with a certain language is okay, I have heard rumors that the Pandaren can do the same now, after the latest patch.

I love the idea, really. Though, would rather some long questline to unlock bilingual trait or so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    And... why can’t death knights communicate with other DKs using the scourge language? Hmm? Blizzard?
    and why cant Tauren communicate with and marry cows in Elwynn forest?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    You act as if it wouldn't be hard to get on vent and talk to the other faction.
    Never heard of battle.net chat? People been talking cross-faction ever since that existed.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't be serious, right? The only thing that is bannable is communicating to the other faction by means like hacking. If Blizzard introduces something to the game themselves, you're seriously inept enough to think they'd ban you for participating?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Never heard of battle.net chat? People been talking cross-faction ever since that existed.
    Lol.. Who uses that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks were able to do this for years whilst in meta