Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Supposedly, it teleported/charged away.
    The community pressed the "W" key as hard as it could, but we couldn't catch it.

I sort of pictured it as a port of Falling Sword from D3. Anything that looks like either crusadeds or angel NPCs from D3 wouldn't be too out of place in WoW pally toolkit visually, IMO. Reminds me of the Tyrael v Imperius scrum in cinematic. I even think the new Consecration graphic reminds me of when Iklerius calls down his lance before facing Diablo.

Oh well, was very excited for it, a Ret version of heroic leap or charge or shadowstep, but it was not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaris View Post
    The community pressed the "W" key as hard as it could, but we couldn't catch it.
    should've asked our teammates to do the job.
    It's a team game, right?

Deleted
    I fixed my paladin UI, checked talents, re-arranged skillbars etc. today and i gotta say Divine Steed is just laughable. I don't mean actual mechanic (though really shorter CD would be great) but visually it's IMO laughable. Like "hey, let me summon warhorse from my pockets for a few second" even inside buildings... what the hell? IMO just plain "charging crusader", like warrior charge but with yellow flash, would been 9000x better. Diablo 2 paladin had charge, lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been pretty disappointed by the fact that we lost our gap closer because it wasn't our "fantasy", even if we asked to change the teleport to a leap attack which is pretty much what one of the greatest paladins used several times, Tirion.

But hey, guys, you wanna know something funny...? We have this follower, Arator the Redeemer - I'm sure you've heard of him. You know what he can do?

Leap Attack. And he's Retribution.

The teleport ability was being worked on by the gnomes. After an explosion and some screaming- all the gnomes had disappeared, dashing the paladin's hopes of ever getting a teleport. But hey, aren't you guys getting Ashbringer or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    should've asked our teammates to do the job.
    It's a team game, right?
    We have the utility for it ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    We have the utility for it ;D
    ah, yes.

"The Utility."

ah, yes.

"The Utility."
    I cant believe you people. Blizzard said they were offsetting rets terrible mobility with extra utility and a better toolkit, and thats exactly what they did. You need to stop this misinformation, I cant believe all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I cant believe you people. Blizzard said they were offsetting rets terrible mobility with extra utility and a better toolkit, and thats exactly what they did. You need to stop this misinformation, I cant believe all of you.
    Better utility like loss of two insta-cast heal mechanisms, loss of Sac + dispel, and loss of off-GCD defensive CDs? I'm not saying there weren't improvements (particularly in DS and BoP) but calling that "extra utility" and a "better toolkit" is highly debatable.

Edit: My apologies if my sarcasm detector is malfunctioning. It's been a long day.
    Last edited by Camaris; 2016-07-31 at 03:54 AM.

Better utility like loss of two insta-cast heal mechanisms, loss of Sac + dispel, and loss of off-GCD defensive CDs? I'm not saying there weren't improvements (particularly in DS and BoP) but calling that "extra utility" and a "better toolkit" is highly debatable.

Edit: My apologies if my sarcasm detector is malfunctioning. It's been a long day.
    Lol yeah it was sarcasm. Decided not to put a /s because I figured the person I was quoting and others in this forum would be able to tell like you did.

Better utility like loss of two insta-cast heal mechanisms, loss of Sac + dispel, and loss of off-GCD defensive CDs?
    Better Futility.

- - - Updated - - -

Savix proves Ret mobility is not that bad

Deleted
    "Savix proves Ret mobility is not that bad"

Really? You for real?

He's using speed potions in order to catch up to people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    "Savix proves Ret mobility is not that bad"

Really? You for real?

He's using speed potions in order to catch up to people.
    I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Deleted
    Divine Steed is very cool, it's very fitting to charge on your divine horse at the enemy's face, plus we get mounted combat!
    Its cooldown is way too high for a level 90 talent though. And because we have no gap closer, we basically won't play around with the other 90 talents, which is a waste. The steed should be baseline for Ret too and have the talent to improve it, like making it suppress slows for the duration or reduce its CD.

On the other hand, the pvp talent tree could have one more mobility or mobility-hindering option. Long Arm of the Law might be too much, since they don't want to give us a constant movement boost, which I understand and I'm fine with, as long as they keep our survivability high, as they do for warlocks.

However, something like the Monk's "Cyclone Strike"/Johanna's "Condemn" or Poppy's "Steadfast Presence" from LoL could work well with our non-mobile kit, on a reasonable CD. Basically create a sanctuary around you that enemies can't run out from for a couple seconds. A field that blocks Blinks, Rolls, Fel Rushes, Heroic Leaps etc. like a wall.
    The idea is, that if we eventually manage to reach our target, then they shouldn't be able to just blink away. We managed to reach a target and are ready to unleash divine judgement. If we are supposed to be immobile, then we should be the ones to not allow enemies run away from us. Now that mobility for several classes is at its peak, it is a good time to introduce counter-mobility spells.
    I think it has synergy with our kit and allows us to pick another 90 talent than Divine Steed in group play.

We Paladins are poseurs after all, we don't need a warrior's charge but a fancy holy little spell
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2016-07-31 at 12:36 PM.

Divine steed wouldn't be half as bad if it actually removed snares and was on a 30sec CD.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Aesthetically, it does feel kinda silly to me. You just all of a sudden ride a horse for a few seconds. Just feels like they really wanted to shoehorn in the D3 crusader ability.

Functionally, it's pretty awful. It's a gap closer that's a talent with a 45 second cd. It's like heroic leap except it's a talent and takes longer to get you where you want to go.

Sadly, it feels like the only thing worth using in it's talent tier.

I don't pvp hardly, but how do they expect you to ever touch ranged damage dealers anymore?

We lost:
    - Emancipate
    - multiple ranged abilities
    - Long Arm of the Law
    - Judgement slow

We got:
    - A snare on a 30 sec cd that lasts 10 sec
    - A small speed increase during freedom/or dispel protection on our snare and applies a 3 sec version of it on one of our main strikes
    - A 100% speed increase for 3 seconds on a 45 sec cd/or a long duration small speed increase that requires you to dump holy power to maintain it

So clunkier and lower uptime speed increases, clunkier and lower time snare, and less ranged abilities. It really feels like you're just going to have to use freedom/steed and then be kited for half a minute before you can do anything. That's assuming you don't get rooted/snared while steed is active and basically neuters it. This is also really awful because now that the mobility is so low, ret has no room to give freedom to anyone but themselves.

Like, if they really wanted to copy/paste a D3 ability so bad, Falling Sword would have been 10x better as a gap closer. But even then, there's just so little mobility. I feel like from what I've seen of other melee, a lot of them have quite a bit more things for staying on someone than ret.

A dash in whatever direction we're moving would be more useful and could be more visually interesting than the steed. Imagine a Ret going all Flash with streaks of golden light behind him for a dash forward, or a sideways strafe, or a retreat back. It could really change how we move to engage or avoid threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    A dash in whatever direction we're moving would be more useful and could be more visually interesting than the steed. Imagine a Ret going all Flash with streaks of golden light behind him for a dash forward, or a sideways strafe, or a retreat back. It could really change how we move to engage or avoid threats.
    Ahem. *coughs*

TRACER HERE.
    Whee!
    Whoah!
    Wicked!
    I certainly wouldn't mind having me some Tracer-esque mobility with shiny lights, so long as we don't get the soddy accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatali View Post
    Ahem. *coughs*

TRACER HERE.

I certainly wouldn't mind having me some Tracer-esque mobility with shiny lights, so long as we don't get the soddy accent.
    Rheinhardt dash or bust.