Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

When is Blizzard going to break the addon...

...that allows you to scan for un-guilded people and whisper them?

At least 5 or 6 times a day, I get whispers from people asking me to join their guild, usually in the form of 5-6 sentence spam macros. It's really fucking obnoxious.

"lol just join a guild, problem solved"

I don't feel like joining a guild. I'm a casual player who uses Group Finder for raids and doesn't do mythic; I have no use for a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Block guild invites is in the display tab of your options.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

At least 5 or 6 times a day, I get whispers from people asking me to join their guild, usually in the form of 5-6 sentence spam macros. It's really fucking obnoxious.

I don't feel like joining a guild. I'm a casual player who uses Group Finder for raids and doesn't do mythic; I have no use for a guild.
    What Darsithis said... you can find the setting under interface>social

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    What Darsithis said... you can find the setting under interface>social
    Doesn't stop whispers, which is why I removed my post.

You can also just block whispers with addons, too, I'm pretty sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Doesn't stop the whispers though.

OP, what I ended up doing was just making a guild for all of my own alts. That gives you freedom from guild spammers without having to be in a guild with other people, plus your own guild bank as well for lots of extra storage. You just have to pay a few people some gold to sign the charter for you.

Meanwhile I haven't gotten a guild invite from 10 different ones I sent requests to on 3 characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    It's the same with Windows 10, you don't want it but it's there. Lurking, reminding you of its presence... till you give in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    OP, what I ended up doing was just making a guild for all of my own alts. That gives you freedom from guild spammers without having to be in a guild with other people, plus your own guild bank as well for lots of extra storage. You just have to pay a few people some gold to sign the charter for you.
    This is what I did.

That guild ended up attracting my friends and turning into a real guild, but the original intention of its creation was solely to avoid being irritated with guild recruitment whispers and ninja invites.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    They have an addon that prevents the majority of guild-oriented copy-paste whispers. I think that it's called GuildShield.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Create your own 1-man guild

7+ Year Old Account
    Is this how some people play? That's just...sad

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    It's a good option on your main server where you spend most of the time with most of the alts.

On my less used alts I hated the 30m hearthstone and for that reason I joined random guilds. The annoying part is they tend to kick you if you sparsely play that alt... So why the f invite in the first place?

Well in 1 guild I ended up unticking guild chat from my chat window (basically hiding it) because the "gratz" tards were straining my patience. Nothing triggers me more in social guilds like gratz spam. You have reached level 10! Gratz! Your skill in herbalism has increased to 150! Gratz! You have earned the achievement [25 fish]! Gratz! I remember some people even install addons... to auto gratz!

But yeah, anything for that 15 min hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Way to insult a huge portion of the playerbase. Who the fuck are they hurting by playing by themselves? You know what's really sad? Entitled little millennials who believe everyone else should think and act just like they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Way to insult a huge portion of the playerbase. Who the fuck are they hurting by playing by themselves? You know what's really sad? Entitled little millennials who believe everyone else should think and act just like they do.
    <insert triggered meme>

clam down eh, it's an mmorpg it's supposed to be interacting with other players even if it has been getting more antisocially friendly he still has to use group finder to do any kind of meaningful content in this game, or he'll require help from other players on world bosses or group quests, no idea if any group quests are left sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    clam down eh, it's an mmorpg it's supposed to be interacting with other players even if it has been getting more antisocially friendly he still has to use group finder to do any kind of meaningful content in this game, or he'll require help from other players on world bosses or group quests, no idea if any group quests are left sadly.
    There's more socialization to the game than guilds.

Just because you're not in a guild, doesn't mean you're some antisocial shut-in that wants to play an MMO by yourself.

Oh people work less nowadays, relying on add-ons. I once did a /who for every class and personally whispered everyone without a guild. In a single day I got 200 people. Others need an add-on .. Pfft! haha.

Most didn't stay, but it ended up with 50 regulars, some of which were willing to group. Probably 20 groupies, or 10% of the "guild", but it was still a success overall.

People using an add-on for this is agreeably laughable. Disgraceful. I at least sent each person a unique message to join.

10+ Year Old Account

Make a guild if you're so obsessed with being anti-social.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Definitely go the "making your own guild" route

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Make a guild if you're so obsessed with being anti-social.
    So...not wanting to be spammed with unsolicited whispers about guilds is "anti-social" ?

Or just block invites, who cares about whispers?