Poll: Who would you prefer more in the Horde?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Which would you prefer in the horde, Vrykul or Nightborne?

yes, i know they are more associated with the alliance, the humans and the night elves, but if blood elves could work in the horde any group can right?
    So if you had to choose, which would you?
    I know humans come directly from Vrykul, and as for nightborne, they are more like night elf 2.0 effectively meaning you're getting night elves on the horde. Both appear in Legion with a zone each they dominate, and we've seen both before. Vrykul in WotLk, and nightborne in their full night elf highborne form in the Shen'drelar. Think of the legion groups as a separate tribe of Vrykul and Highborne.

It comes down to which you would want to be playing more with on the horde, a Vrykul or a Nightborne - both have some amazing strengths to them and strong fantasy themes. So take your pick.

• Which would the other races of the horde prefer?
    • Which do the horde need more?
    • Which would fit better in the horde?
    • Which would you like to be in the horde more?
    • Which would add something more to the horde or be better value for the horde?

Or and don't forget to add why!!

Neither, the Horde doesnt need to steal yet another Alliance based race. Give them Ogres or something.

so like 1% of the population can play them whiles the rest ignores them?

I vote for Vrykul, they're more horde like than a number of the horde races. I feel the horde has been pulling away from its roots really, they no longer have the underdog, primal feel to them, still elements of there, but drowining in a bit too much blood elf. Don't get me wrong I love the blood elves being there, it's nice to have a race like that there, but don't really more of that there...nightborne are really just slightly different looking night elves, and just come across as uglier blood elf wannabes

I'd prefer Ogres. Get the fuck out of here with this useless shit.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

If I had to choose I would say Vry'kul because the horde already has one race of arcane adept, addicted to a well elves. It'd be worse than say giving the Alliance Goblins since they already have a short engineering based race. Only worse beauce they're even closer than gnomes and goblins are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Neither, the Horde doesnt need to steal yet another Alliance based race. Give them Ogres or something.
    Golden words sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    neither faction needs another playable race. there is horrible inclusion to the races already there. when blizzard can show they can include all the races of each faction throughout a main story line as well as giving each race a bit of a side story line during a single expansion, then we can talk about more races becoming playable.

and no, the horde doesnt need ogres at all, certainly not the ones portrayed in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Get the fuck out of here with this useless shit.
    This is pretty much how I feel about Ogres.

Personally, I'd like an alternative "nice race" to blood elves. Preferably sans duck-face.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    More Ogres/10
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Personally, I'd like an alternative "nice race" to blood elves. Preferably sans duck-face.
    Some kind of red Love Nagas would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

We have races right now that have had next to zero story time and have been made largely irrelevant. Instead of adding new races just for the sake of having them, let's make the ones we already have more interesting and relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Some kind of red Love Nagas would be nice.
    Maybe a breed of Naga similar to Jinyu, legs and arms but a lizard/croc/gator face and fins. The game does lack a playable marine-like race.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    This is pretty much how I feel about Ogres.

This is horde. Get the fuck out of here with that useless race.

Ogres are true members of the horde, not this cunty pussy prissy shit elfs that we got.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Should have added drogbar, highmountain tauren, and naga as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Glassmage View Post
    Drogbar kinda look awesome, we don't see anyone clamouring for having htem as playable, altho they may after legion launches... the look is kinda awesome too, and they're friendly with the Tauren - well the ones that haven't gone and betrayed Highmountain.by stealing the Hammer of Khaz Modan.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glassmage View Post
    Highmounten tauren makes no sense... as a subrace xs but not as a new race since they are just taurens with better textures

15+ Year Old Account
    What were those cool looking MoP taurens? Were those highmountain tauren?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    I'm very much in agreement with this

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    We have races right now that have had next to zero story time and have been made largely irrelevant. Instead of adding new races just for the sake of having them, let's make the ones we already have more interesting and relevant.
    and this.

Drogbar, Ogres, even Naga and Ethereal, original, no alliance ties or alliance relations make better candidates. Vrykul and nightborne are both alliance themed races and fit will as sub-races of humans and night elves, we don't need full race till we get a system of including more lore for normal races, in fact we should get sub-races instead, at least by adding sub-races they are going to be forced to add more lore on the main races, as very sub-race ties into them. I really feel they can do 24 at least in total, 12 first, then keep adding new ones with patches over time, till you get each race having 2 variations /2 extra groups.

• Orcs: Half-orc/human (upright), Half-ogre
    • Draenei - Broken, Man'ari Eredar, Half-orc/draenei
    • Human: Vrykul, Half-elf
    • Forsaken: Kvaldir, Undead Half-Elf (vampire twist?)
    • Trolls: Zandalari, Ice Drakkari Troll.
    • Worgen: Blackhowl (drakonid worgen), Night elf worgen
    • Tauren: Taunka, Yaungol
    • Dwarves: Dark Irons, Frost Dwarves
    • Goblins: Gilgoblin, Tinker (half machine/goblin)
    • Gnome: Mechagnomes, Leper Gnome
    • Blood Elf: Suntouched (Recovering Wretched), Darkfallen, Half-Elf (available on humans too)
    • Night Elf: Nightborne, Cenarian/Half Cenarion (keeper/dryads - can shapeshift to bi-pedal optionally esp for flying mounts )

Main point is adding sub-races gives you lore on races, but you have to have a set-up or system that allows you to add lore to races continuously, without having to necessarily disrupt good story telling by insisting every expansion arc involves all the races. So I say leave expansion main arcs to continue to focus on 1 or 2 groups, sometimes more, but in the mean time have a system that allows racial lore to be continuing.

Why does it have to stop at level 20? Why can't we have racial quests every expansion? Why can't we even have one of the reps we grind actually be for your toon's own race dealing with it's own affairs often but not necessarily always with respect to the exapansion theme? This is where the solution lies. They've done it for classes in Legion, if they do the same thing for races it solves it.

System of Including more Lore for Races:

This is the full potential of this Solution.

In Legion:
    Greater racial involvement can start as early as 7.1 or 7.2 - when we are further along in the expansion. By the simple introduction of 1 extra reputation to build: That of your own race; Just as classes now get a a class quests and spec quests in the opening and continuous quests through class halls. 8.0 can have that also for races, but 7.1/7.2 can at least start doing a reputation for your race - and use the Capital city as the makeshift order hall till 8.0 introduces the full fledged system with sub-races

Every race has a capital city (even if not been used) so they don't need to design an order hall. Just build the system. Even the majority of the sub-races have a capital city too - most are quest zones/instances or raids, but they're there and can be used as part of the main race too. So liek 7.0 started doing for classes (which I hope they continue in 8.0) , 8.0 would have racial main start quest themed around the race first then its new sub-races connected, just like the class and artifact quests legion starts off with. Except rather than having 3 artifact quests, you just have one long sub-race quest chain of roughly the length of all 3 - and that will introduce the lore etc - avoiding things like needing a starting zone which a full race does etc. But it doesn't stop there.

Rep quests can start building up the ground work for sub-races as your toon's race will be shown how his race is reacting to the developments in Legion as the plot that leads onto the new expansion of 8.0 comes to light. Whiles Capital Cities can be fitted to operate like orderhalls in 8.0... this ensures that capital cities now have serious use, and they have a reason to actually populate and use Gnomeragan, Zul'Gurub, Gilneas City and Kezan for Gnomes, Trolls, Worgen and Goblins.

The quests will cover things that each race has been up to updating you on lore and ensuring that every expansion will have things that deal with your race and you'll have them involved in some way of what's going on. For Legion, in 7.1 or 7.2 these are some of the things they can already show and then expand on that into 8.0

e.g. What's happening with the orcs right now? Rather than complete silence, this gives them an opportunity to show something: Orcs have taken a hit from Garrosh's betrayal, they may not be doing much in the Broken Isles, but things will be happening - esp the clean up of Garrosh loyalists, the bringing in line of the Dragonmaw, the Mag'har, even the Blackrock can all be explored as. Every race has something that we need updating on, can have interesting/fun/exciting/deep/troubling/reconcilating/ etc - so many races all in different places showing different asepcts and the diversity of exprience can be breath taking, the nuance - it doesn't all have to be doom/gloom in fact, some races need a real break from constant dying/losing or being crushed (i'm looking at you Night Elves), others could do with a bit of danger after a long "rest". Orcs have the sub-factions of the various clans, and for sub-races they have the Half-orcs who were totally shunned by the original corrupt horde but embraced by Thrall's new horde, and you can get to find out more of them, while the other sub-race, Mok'nathal, you get some update on what's been happening with them since TBC and in relation to the orcs and the horde.

2. Exploring the relationships with the sub-groups. Whether it's Half-orcs, Dark Irons, Zandalari, Drakkari, Yaungol, Man'ari Eredar, Broken, Taunka, Nightborne, Cenarian, Darkfallen San'layan, Sunfallen Wretched, Half Elf, Azotha, High Elf, Mecha-gnome, Leper Gnome, Half-Ogre Mok'nathal, Undead Azotha, Undead Half-elf, Gilgoblin, Tinker Goblin every race has both sub-races and sub-factions involved that boost the diversity and vision of the original race without changing it.

Draenei would never be warlocks, but with Man'ari Eredar - you can have that. Nightborne can bring the warlock class to that group, especially now that Demon Hunters are a thing - even if most Night elves (normal or high/nightborne would have nothing to do with them - they can be tied to the Illidari - think about it, Nightborne have no warlocks, but after this legion invasion, some would want to pick it up and with Illidan returning they maybe inspired down that path and find acceptance in the Illidari even if night elven and high/nightborne society at large reject them.

It's a the sort of potential and new direction they need, fastens down a lot of interesting avenues without having to force change the narrative of the main campaign, but you can see the detail of what's happenign in the races, and it will explain why and how the various faction involvements in the main campagin are what they are, without having to interrupt the main line. Every race would be contributing to the campaign as a race, with it's own motives too, but it won't take away from the main story that involves whoever they choose for it to involve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What were those cool looking MoP taurens? Were those highmountain tauren?
    Yaungol. The highmountain are a different sub-race. Tauren have 3 atm, the Taunka in Northrend, the Yaungol in Southrend (Panadraia) and the Highmountain on the Broken Isle.

Nightborne would fit more as a sub race for night elves. Rather than adding a new race, add sub races instead. But a better new race would be Nagas or Ethereals

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be as distasteful as the inclusion of the Blood Elves themselves. It just doesn't feel right.
    The horde races have a great synergy, even the forsaken (although they do stand out a bit) then we have the Blood Elves that feel completely out of place.
    With that in mind, adding human ancestors or Night Elves that are basically blood elves without the sun part would be like stomping on the faction even further.