Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    So for someone like me who haven't leveled on the beta, nor do I see any real point in doing so.
    But from what I read so far, the main way of leveling is just to complete all quests in all zones as youll need to do that eventually anyways?
    Ya just do the 4 zones. I did it on a 680 premade prot pally in 8.5 hours my first time through never seeing any zones.

Deleted
    Hey all,

thanks alot for your information! :-)

So if i assume 8-12 hours in a speed-focused run i will be on the save side?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varony View Post
    Except you get friendly with each faction by doing 1/3 of the respective zone. No need to continue questing at 110 even if you do the Draenor preparation. Stop spreading misinformation. The people doing this "retarded" method will be 110 and able to do normal dungeons to get the needed ilvl for heroic dungeons while you are still leveling.
    You seem to have put alot of thought in your raid preparation. Would you mind elaborating on your plans on how to prepare for raids/mythic+ efficiently? I mean in terms of 100-110 leveling & iLvL leveling.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzy View Post
    Hey all,

thanks alot for your information! :-)

So if i assume 8-12 hours in a speed-focused run i will be on the save side?

You seem to have put alot of thought in your raid preparation. Would you mind elaborating on your plans on how to prepare for raids/mythic+ efficiently? I mean in terms of 100-110 leveling & iLvL leveling.
    Um it's pretty simple. Do your world quests when available (especially for AP), do your 10 mythic dungeons each week, then run heroic dungeons until your eyes bleed. iLvL cap is fixed at 850 for the first couple weeks (until raids come out) and the best way to get to that cap is to just spam the dungeons that you can, and/or craft items if you have money or are missing some pieces here and there.

In the end it really doesn't matter if someone levels several hours or even a day faster than you. As long as you do your mythic dungeons, world quests and as many heroics as you can fit in during the two week grace period you will probably be geared out the same (assuming you put similar effort into the post 110 experience as they do, and/or you just get lucky).

Eventually you reach a point where you are just looking for WF/Socketed/TF gear from heroics. Also you reach a point where the artifact power you're gaining really isn't that useful for your main specialization, as you realistically need to advance your research to keep up with the every increasing cost of each additional tree. There are pretty big jumps in AP required at certain points, where it's unrealistic within a certain time frame to get the next point in your tree. At that point it's probably best to just fill your off specialization.

The main bottleneck at launch on high pops will be the stability of the servers themselves, hopefully no crazy queues either

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    If you wanna do those normals in your HFC gear, have fun!
    Otherwise you will be backtracking hardcore with that 5 hours you saved to get the 800 pieces at the end of each zone and catch up on all the Order Hall quests you skipped.
    It's not like we jump to 110 straight away and don't do any Broken Isle quests. We will replace our HFC gear while leveling just like you but we are skipping the parts (lvl 100-104) where we don't get gear upgrades from questing anyway. Everyone will be in 790-810 questing gear (depending on luck from random quality upgrades) when they hit 110. It doesn't matter wether we complete the dungeons for the 800 pieces at 102, 105 or even 110.
    You could even start Legion at 105, only do the mainstory questline in each zone and still hit friendly while getting the dungeon quest at the end for your 800 gear.

There isn't much to do before 110 in terms of important class order campaign to unlock your third artifact slot. I repeat: stop spreading misinformation.

If you're not aiming at a spot on the WoWProgress leveling list there isn't anything special to watch out for doing 100-110 but skipping treasures / rares and doing them right before raids open (as of now, might change).
    I'm currently working on optimal routes to complete each zone efficiently without much backtracking. Will look like this but much more detailed for people that haven't played Beta.
    If you're on EU there should be enough time to hit 110, gear up a bit in heroics and do your first round of mythic dungeons before the ID reset. Other than that you will work on your class order campaign and get your third artifact slot, do dungeons and world quests to both gear up and get artifact power, unlock your profession stuff (Obliterum) and...having fun exploring a new continent.
    Last edited by mmoca60c1676f3; 2016-07-30 at 01:19 PM.

Friend of mine does it in 7h something and he's always server first, so anything between 12-15 sounds about right for normal people who don't count afk time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGaTElhR62Q

probably 5 hours if the above is not fixed

.. if it is fixed, around 10 hours.

my best time (going straight into legion w/o prequests) is 7 hours

Hi,

as the title says, i would like to ask you for your experience on the Beta in how much time it will take to level from 100 to 110? I assume a speed-focused leveling style.

Thanks for your informations in advance and if you know of other sources regarding that topic i would be glad to know. I could not find anything on the mmo-champion forum.

Andric
    I've leved 3 times so far, once with one of their 680IL premade pally, once with my 720 mage, and one with my 745 shaman. My Shaman leveled in a little over 9 hours, mage did 11 hours, and the premade pally did 15 hours(this was during alpha before the exp nerf). Definitely could have went faster, but I stopped and did second and third artifacts and class hall missions in between leveling, so probably could shave off an hour per toon at least.

about 10 hours if youre taking your time. more if you afk alot i suppose.

Bellculargaming estimates it around 10-15 hours solo play.
    However you could probably do it in half the time with a group

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Ya just do the 4 zones. I did it on a 680 premade prot pally in 8.5 hours my first time through never seeing any zones.
    In my experience just doing all 4 zones meta achievements won't get you to 110, it only got me to 108 doing nothing other than that.

Also, it totally depends if you have rested xp or not

about 12 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Hobotripin View Post
    In my experience just doing all 4 zones meta achievements won't get you to 110, it only got me to 108 doing nothing other than that.
    You leveled like 3+ months ago then. Long as you do at least 70% of azuna(not going out of way to finish chapters just leaving after you do dungeon), 70% of velsha(not going out of way to finish chapters just leaving after you do dungeon), 100% of highmountain and 100% of storm + the dungeon for at least 3 of them you hit 110.

Eh... unless they are using some sort of trick, I think the people saying 7-10 hours are highly exaggerating. I have leveled 100-110 twice, both on a warrior (my class quest bugged so had to restart) I tried as Prot and Arms. Fastest I could do was about 15 hours, that's solo in game time, and not counting taking little breaks to eat and get of my chair for a little movement. As Prot I could pull a pack of 6-8 mobs at a time and kill them all pretty quick, so I just do not see how someone is doing this in 8 hours. Some quests there simply were not enough mobs to do it fast, or you had to stand around waiting for a named to spawn, or quests like the one where you had to give the Naga Prisoners weapons you are competing with others are there just are not enough NPCs. Even if I skipped those, there is travel time, and not doing your class quests as they come is only going to slow you down once you hit 110.

I would say times like Luperca said are much more on point, 15-20 hours for most people, MAYBE 12 hours if you are super focused, starting out at ilvl 725+, have leveled in beta before and are on a low pop server, or play on off times. All the major Youtubers I watched said the same, 15-17 hours for them, and they could see a hardcore doing 13-14 hours not reading quests and just going for an efficient route.

The better question is how fast you can gear out once you hit 110, and that is fast. Not knowing what to do (first beta char) I was geared enough to do Heroics in about 8 hours, and then I hit ilvl 833 in about 24 hours of play, that again, is as a first 110 not knowing what to do and having to wait in ques for instances. In live, with a guild expevt to be faster. Gearing has never been so easy, I have 2 epic 855 items from world quests, Heroics drop 825-850 (luck) and then Mythic is higher then that.

Deleted
    i always use zygor guides for levelig itsealyhelpful and they changed there prices used to be like $25 which was expensive now its only $8 a month and you get all there guides

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    In regards to speed leveling, I have not checked this yet. . . But I am wondering.

Is it better to ignore treasure and just immediately level, then return for treasure after maybe your first set of research is done?

Or does the treasure AP items not scale with your Artifact Knowledge/research?
    Its worth keeping in mind that treasures do reward significant amounts of exp, so if you care about being 110 faster more than about some (imo not so significant) extra AP, then picking them up along the way is more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    Its worth keeping in mind that treasures do reward significant amounts of exp, so if you care about being 110 faster more than about some (imo not so significant) extra AP, then picking them up along the way is more efficient.
    Treasures in Legion don't reward experience. Dreanor treasures did, but Legion treasures will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Varony View Post
    Since the last build. Don't know if it's intended or not but it does scale as of now. They even added random experience gain from treasures.
    I have absolutely no experience with beta other than watching videos on youtube and reading forums etc, but even if this was the case it sounds like a really bad idea to save these treasures until raids open. Why? because the artifact power you gain doing that is probably overall a negligible amount of what you would gain if you acquired these things as you leveled and kept grinding world quests and so forth afterward.

There's always going to be those people that search for "easier" and "faster" ways to level but people are skeptical about the benefits for good reason, if you're skipping quests you're probably locking yourself out of some kind of content you have to complete later on anyways, so you're not really saving yourself any time or effort at all in the long run.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-31 at 08:07 AM.

It took me about 20 hours on a demon hunter to complete the starting zone (so figure probably 2-3 hours there for 98-100) and hit 110. This was with casual AFK's, servers having problems, getting up to go grab snacks and all that jazz. Basically, it'll take the average player somewhere from 10-12 hours of ACTUAL play time to knock it out. It's actually quite a pleasure to see them not dragging out the leveling process so queue times won't take forever for the first few people who level.