10+ Year Old Account
    This thread taste:

Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    A translation error must've snuck in there, he probably wanted to say Jojo is the biggest mistake of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    A translation error must've snuck in there, he probably wanted to say Jojo is the biggest mistake of them all.
    If that helps you sleep at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    This may be the greatest video I've ever seen.

Deleted
    That was a nice Qualidea episode. The series managed to make a fairly generic magic high school setting interesting so far, I'm really impressed.

Chiba siblings continue to be great. The train plan was amazingly pants-on-head retarded. The idiot bubbling underwater got a chuckle. Insert song continues to be great.

Then WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT BATTLE'S FINAL SCENE?! First so few frames per second I thought my PC is freezing up, then a goddamned still, and not even a good one but a LQ frame? The hell, quality animation is one of two things setting this title above the drop line, lazy shit like that is unforgivable. Oo

- - - Updated - - -

Okay wow then the final minute happened. Welp. This one's got my undivided attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Qualidea 04
    http://i.imgur.com/HcfezE9.png This is definitely blood, right? And with this amount there's no way they're randomly reviving her next episode, right? Too bad that was the last time we got the insert song. :[

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    That was a nice Qualidea episode. The series managed to make a fairly generic magic high school setting interesting so far, I'm really impressed.

Chiba siblings continue to be great. The train plan was amazingly pants-on-head retarded. The idiot bubbling underwater got a chuckle. Insert song continues to be great.

Then WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT BATTLE'S FINAL SCENE?! First so few frames per second I thought my PC is freezing up, then a goddamned still, and not even a good one but a LQ frame? The hell, quality animation is one of two things setting this title above the drop line, lazy shit like that is unforgivable. Oo

- - - Updated - - -

Okay wow then the final minute happened. Welp. This one's got my undivided attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Qualidea 04
    http://i.imgur.com/HcfezE9.png This is definitely blood, right? And with this amount there's no way they're randomly reviving her next episode, right? Too bad that was the last time we got the insert song. :[
    Yeah, it's pretty great so far.

And yeah, holy shit. That last minute made the ep twice as good. Really curious as to what's going to happen next week, which has the potential to make or break it.

Nothing like some live action Dragonball.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty great so far.

And yeah, holy shit. That last minute made the ep twice as good. Really curious as to what's going to happen next week, which has the potential to make or break it.
    If they don't chicken out this is a full-throttle Madoka, which pushes Qualidea to AOTS competition for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Koi to uso - I think Author-chan decided that her idea wasn't going to end well and then went back to the point we were before. Now Lilina's notice is the real notice again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Ako is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Qualidea code this week, I can't stop laughing OMG

UAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHU AEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUA EHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHA EHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHA EUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAE UHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAE UHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUH HAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAE HAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUA EUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEH UAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEA HUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEU AEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEU HEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEHAEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHUUAEHUAEHAEUHEAHUAEUHHAEUHAEHUAEHUAEUHAEH AEUAEHUAEHAEUHAEUAEHU

10+ Year Old Account
    SUNSHINE - I forogt about zuramaru's temple background - first button press being the power is too good...

altogether loving yohane more and more since it's not like she's full on chuunibyou and has like 70% normalcy.

You = smugdere confirmed.

ZURAAAAAAAAAA child zuramaru > child yohane
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Needs Megumin voice inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Basically yes. I knew it was coming but not like this. Fucking weird ass chapter.
    It made me notice that we never got 76, unless that chapter was on imgur or such and was lost to the ages after that.
    But yeah interesting approach to show that this was so lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww man they're making an anime off Fuuka.

I hope they get some good VAs and animators for maximum impact.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...e-announcement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Awww man they're making an anime off Fuuka.

I hope they get some good VAs and animators for maximum impact.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...e-announcement
    so long as truck-kun gets a stellar performance I think we'll be fine.
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    It made me notice that we never got 76, unless that chapter was on imgur or such and was lost to the ages after that.
    But yeah interesting approach to show that this was so lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Mari 76

Basically I think the two takeaways from this chapter are that she doesn't remember Kotori's house though she has been believing that she's Kotori trapped in Mari's body. It's my impression that the importance of the diary entries is that Kotori has no memory of seeing Mari, his convenience store angel. If he was so obsessed, he surely would've written it down, correct?

For nothing much happening, it was a pretty interesting chapter.

I'm having network problems or something. I thought I was shadowbanned but I'm able to upload from my phone via 4G no problem.
    Ta da

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, so I'll have to break it down into three arcs.

SSY Thoughts:

It starts off with 12 year old kids. Because what show doesn't. Shows an interesting premise where kids are given the ability to use Cantus. But it isn't a permanent thing. Or at least initially that is what they tell you. The kids are basically an early exploration of the world as it is now. Such as when they catch the fake minoshiro which is a living library. Tells them history and the kids proceed to freak out except for Shun and Saki. Who want to learn more. They learn how society came to be. Which in the future never really went away. Their learning session is interrupted by Rijin who is symbolic of their laws. Nobody learns about what was. They also run into Squealer who they are surprised shows intelligence. They inadvertently set the future in motion by helping Squealer and preventing the Robby Fly colony from being wiped out. This entire arc is set by kids showing curiosity of their surrounding world. It is meaningless without the two subsequent arcs. Something I forgot to mention is that it is hinted that kids are removed from society if they do not go within the rules. They also set a pact to keep everything that happened that day a secret from the adults.

At first I was taken aback that there was a time skip of two years. I was also taken aback that Saki and Maria were a thing, along with Shun and Satoru. But things happen over two years. It's a lot of character progression and we start to learn more about the way things are done. At first we are led to believe they got away with the whole Queerat invasion. Of the five friends who went, nobody has seemed to have lasting side effects of knowledge at first. That is until Shun says he is going to have to go away for awhile. While the group doesn't understand what it means, the viewer does. The knowledge from that day two years ago has been eating at Shun. While he doesn't want to do anything bad. We learn that Cantus has a subconscious part to it and that humanity manipulates the world around them without thinking. He explains why the Holy Barrier exists. Not to keep anything out, but more as a mental block that makes people projects their fears to the outside world. Making things worse outside the Human society. That deep down he just wants to be alone. That desire ends up with the destruction of Vinetree. This can be drawn as a parallel to depression. He loves but doesn't believe himself worthy of it. He explains to Saki that the adults knew what they had done. They just used hypnosis to make them forget that the adults knew. Shun eventually commits suicide when his dog sacrifices himself. The kids are hypnotized into it never happening and have someone planted into their lives Ryou. Yet two of them still remember Shun, but can't remember him completely. They resolve to find their lost friend and end up in Vinetree (now called Withertree). Mamoru has a breakdown because they are breaking the rules and due to recent events he is selected for disposal in fear of what he might become (now mentally unstable in the eyes of adults). He runs away and the remaining three (Saki, Satoru and Maria) go looking for him eventually finding him. Satoru and Saki go back and this is where the viewer learns a lot more information. That Group One was selected to have free will as an experiment. Both Saki and Satoru are told to go bring them back or they will be killed. Long story short they don't and lie to the adults.

As adults everything they have done has come back to bite them in the ass more or less. The Queerats are rebelling and are fairly successful at it because they've conditioned Maria and Mamoru's child into believing it is a Queerat. Which allows it to kill humans without Death Feedback triggering. In terms of events this doesn't have a whole lot until the final two episodes. Where they trick the child into killing a Queerat which triggers Death Feedback. They learn at the end that the Queerats were once human. But their genome was tampered with because the ruling class was unable to punish the regular humans.

What the series reflects on is humanity's nature. That we are doomed to repeat mistakes (the initial awakening of PK and how humanity reacted). Eventually it led into an empire type system where a select few ruled over everyone else. Yet when things got their worst, a group of scientists took it upon themselves to change the world. Which worked for a time until the ruling class found a way around it. They changed the regular humans into sub-human slaves. When they eventually rebelled against the tyranny of humans. They were laughed at because the humans thought themselves as benevolent rulers. Yet crushed many other sentient animals at the slightest fault. It was ironic that the Queerats eventually developed democracy and feudal system. Two systems inherent more stable than the Theocracy that was the human society.

I would have to wait for rebuttal in order to discuss more. But the show was great overall. But it did start slow and requires you watching the entire thing in order to understand what is going on. I would give it a 9/10.

One gripe is that they only show what is happening on the Japanese archipelago. It is never said what happened to civilization of the West. A thousand years is a long time. It is most likely that humans from there have already left the planet.

I never realized how much writing I would be doing. But it is trying to summarize 25 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Ta da
    The magic of not being in the thread for weeks, but wow rip that was barely worth reading lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    The magic of not being in the thread for weeks, but wow rip that was barely worth reading lol
    You actually read it all?