Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

is all specs viable in Mythic+ ?

Im thinking about go shaman for Legion, how well is all 3 specs doing in Mythic+ ?
    My main focus this expansion will be at Mythic+ so i dont wanna main a class people dont wanna bring for higher level of mythic+

If you are good at what you do, any spec is mythic viable.

Deleted
    Very doubtful. Restoration and Enhancement most likely, but considering that Elementals Maelstrom mechanic is only an afterthought to Enh, with no real death on top of talents, traits and abilities working against each other.

Of course you'll see Elementals in mythic+, but you can be more than sure that other specs will be preferred by PuGs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Very doubtful. Restoration and Enhancement most likely, but considering that Elementals Maelstrom mechanic is only an afterthought to Enh, with no real death on top of talents, traits and abilities working against each other.

Of course you'll see Elementals in mythic+, but you can be more than sure that other specs will be preferred by PuGs.
    I'm willing to bet that elemental's AoE is so superb it's very good in mythic+. Mobility and survivability might be problems, but I wouldn't worry about the damage...
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're aiming for realm firsts you'll have to run fotm specs. Otherwise you'll be fine running whatever spec you want.

If your spec flexible as a shaman there's a good chance groups will take you for lust alone. Resto Shaman have a pretty unique tool kit as far as healers go as well.

Deleted
    The question is what goals you have. You can do mythic+ with every spec. But pugs will mostly look out for specs that have good aoe burst, st and mobility. That's something elemental isn't that good at...and it can be annoying if you have to ramp up for maelstrom etc.
    Enhancer is solid and was pretty OP when I tested it, but that was before the nerfs. But they should do fine now too. Don't know bout resto, but the ones we had had no real problems to keep us alive...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I'm willing to bet that elemental's AoE is so superb it's very good in mythic+. Mobility and survivability might be problems, but I wouldn't worry about the damage...
    Then you just lost this bet. Elemental AE is worse than ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    ........what? The artifact traits are awesomesauce for aoe.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    Can you back that statement (opinion?) with some sort of log or proof?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimzy View Post
    Can you back that statement (opinion?) with some sort of log or proof?
    Didnt you two read anything Elemental Shaman related stuff... Like in the last 6 month? Surely not going to repeat something which is constantly being discussed in the Elemental thread.

I'm a bit worried about Enhancement's AE viability. I haven't done any mythic+ since the nerfs, but doing regular mythic Arcway/CoS felt like our AE was pretty weak.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elementals AoE is not fantastic and it probably wont be brought to Mythic+ (they dont have damage, they dont have the utility and remember Mythic + will be mostly made up of overperforming specs that can perform some sort of trick to make the dungeon easier) and will have very much the same experience as they had this expansion for raiding at the Mythic level.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2016-07-30 at 11:43 PM.

Ele AoE is really bad. Ucandosht is right.

It feels slow, clunky and just bad overall. Maelstrom and earthquake totem work bad together in my opinion.

Deleted
    which ones? we have a total of 3 arti traits that boost AoE 2 of which aren't all that good.

Static Overload would be awesome if it had a more consistent proc rate, but at it's current 10% I hardly ever see it proc on thrash packs.
    The Ground trembles is ok if you enter an aoe fight with full Mealstrom where you can immediatly drop 2 EQ totems otherwise the mealstrom buildup takes quite awhile.
    Electric Discharge static damage so can't complain there.

But yeah as itterated in this thread Ele Shaman AoE isn't up there along the Demon hunters and mages of Legion, single target burst is okish again nothing top tier anymore,sustain is even worse.

again maybe blizz will do some positive tuning for Ele next week but I wouldn't hold your breath for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Earthquake takes like 2 to 3 chain lightnings to drop and does like 10% of the damage it used to. Ele's damage overall is just extremely low right now, I'm not sure what's going on.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddrox84 View Post
    which ones? we have a total of 3 arti traits that boost AoE 2 of which aren't all that good.
    Electric Discharge, 15% CL damage
    Master of the Elements, 12% overload damage
    Static Overload, 10% chance for all CL hits to cause overload
    The Ground Trembles, 15% EQ damage
    Volcanic Inferno, LvB has a chance to cause a fissure to deal some small AoE damage

and most imporantly

Stormkeeper, 1min cd, 3 next CL's cause 200% extra damage and summon the lightning elemental (Fury of the Storms) for 8 seconds.

So, not 3 arti traits, but 7. No other class/spec has this much buffed AoE damage from artifact.

Didnt you two read anything Elemental Shaman related stuff... Like in the last 6 month? Surely not going to repeat something which is constantly being discussed in the Elemental thread.
    I don't get it. Everything you say is negative, everything you say is having a whinge and cry about elemental, everything you say is for people to re-roll resto or a mage. If you hate the spec so much why dont you fck off and go play another class and let us all enjoy our elemental shamans without your negative crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Morg View Post
    I don't get it. Everything you say is negative, everything you say is having a whinge and cry about elemental, everything you say is for people to re-roll resto or a mage. If you hate the spec so much why dont you fck off and go play another class and let us all enjoy our elemental shamans without your negative crap.
    dont u read his sig lol

Every caster except the fire mage is really bad on burst AoE atm. I think thats the direction they are going for lol

Quote Originally Posted by Morg View Post
    I see you met UcanDoSht.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Electric Discharge, 15% CL damage
    Master of the Elements, 12% overload damage
    Static Overload, 10% chance for all CL hits to cause overload
    The Ground Trembles, 15% EQ damage
    Volcanic Inferno, LvB has a chance to cause a fissure to deal some small AoE damage

and most imporantly

Stormkeeper, 1min cd, 3 next CL's cause 200% extra damage and summon the lightning elemental (Fury of the Storms) for 8 seconds.

So, not 3 arti traits, but 7. No other class/spec has this much buffed AoE damage from artifact.
    To be fair Enhancement has several talents that buff their AoE as well.