7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    So how do folks feel that Trump being the first major candidate to not release any tax information will play out?

I'm sure his core supporters will cheer the move as more of the anti-establishment, anti-PC, "stick it to the man" stuff they eat up...

But what about everyone else? Will the Dems be able to turn this into a series of attack ads that erode his credibility? Or at the end of the day will the voter base just not really care?

Personally I think the tax returns will likely show either zero or incredibly low taxes paid, a lower overall net worth than claimed, and a real stingy history of charitable giving -- but I don't think they would show nefarious dealings with Russia or other more out-there conspiracy theories.

You do have to wonder what's in them that would cause him to accept the risk of not releasing even an abbreviated form of them.
    I agree they won't show ties to Russia or anything like that. He's already tipped what the issue is when he tried to defend this before. Basically he said to an interviewer months ago "I pay as small amount of taxes as possible" when asked about releasing his taxes. It's why he is under audit for years in a row. However your other two options are definitely on the table as well.

His rationale to what is preventing him from releasing them is they are under audit. Yet when asked to release the ones not under audit he claims no one cares. Of course the press doesn't push on this. So the way the democrats should do this is wait till the debates (if he does them) to go after him. It definitely will be brought up, and Clinton won't let him get away with that kinda bullshit. He will try though.

Then the commercials can start. Have a commercial showing him demanding Romney release his tax returns. Then show some middle class folks talking about paying their full share, and showing the things taxes pay for. Then show how things are now not being paid for because the folks like Trump aren't paying their fair share and as a result their own taxes have gone up. Then show Trump in the debate refusing to release them with his bullshit excuses. And then end with a voice over: "You ask others to release their tax returns, yet you won't. What are you hiding?"

Will it work with his true believers? Probably not but they aren't the target of this.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    You can it trying to avoid debates, I call it common sense to not go up against the NFL.
    It has nothing to do with Clinton. The debate dates were set by the non-partisan commission on presidential debates at least 6 months prior to the release of the NFL schedule.

Trump is just preying on the ignorant again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    You can it trying to avoid debates, I call it common sense to not go up against the NFL.

Coward Trump knows he's going to get destroyed in the debates.

Here's what's going to happen. A question is asked, Hillary will have her answer, Trump will have his. Trumps will involve something wrong or completely made up, moderator will call him out on it, trump will deny, and overnight trump will tweet how everyone was against him.
    Coward trump doesn't understand reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Coward Trump knows he's going to get destroyed in the debates.

Here's what's going to happen. A question is asked, Hillary will have her answer, Trump will have his. Trumps will involve something wrong or completely made up, moderator will call him out on it, trump will deny, and overnight trump will tweet how everyone was against him.
    Coward trump doesn't understand reality.
    All she has to do is bait him and let him talk and he'll fuck up every time.

7+ Year Old Account
    We all saw Trump being destroyed by Mr. Khan, especially when it came to his asking what Trump had sacrificed. ABC asked him this question. His answer is below, including his disgusting insinuation that Khan's wife was not allowed to speak:

You Will Not Believe What Trump Said About How He Has Sacrificed For His Country

Standing on a stage in front of America, Khizr Khan slammed Donald Trump, saying his son sacrificed his life for the Constitution. "You've sacrificed nothing," he said directly to Trump from that stage. Donald Trump has responded to the speech and of all the ways to respond to something like that, he took what was arguably the most Donald Trump route possible.

Speaking with George Stephanopoulos, Trump seemed to try to empathize with Khan before going on to say that Khan's wife had nothing to say and may not have been allowed to say anything (he cites "several people" who have written that claim because sure why not), as though that might be reason enough to completely disregard what Khan had to say. Stephanopoulos asked him if he had sacrifices, and this happened:

Pressed by Stephanopoulos to name the sacrifices he’d made for his country, Trump said: “I think I've made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard. I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures. I've had tremendous success. I think I've done a lot.”

Just so we're clear, that is Donald Trump saying his years spent as a business man means he has made sacrifices like the type Khan was referring to. A man gave his life for his country while serving overseas, and Donald Trump believes that his efforts to make himself rich are comparable. One soldier made the ultimate sacrifice and one egomaniac gained money and influence. That's his argument.

Getting richer is a pretty big sacrifice, you guys. And only someone as great as Donald Trump is willing to make that sacrifice.

He did add that he has donated millions to veterans groups, but we know how rarely that seems to pan out. But, by and large, Donald Trump believes that doing things that make yourself richer are sacrifices equal to giving up your life for your country.

http://www.redstate.com/joesquire/20...ficed-country/

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    We all saw Trump being destroyed by Mr. Khan, especially when it came to his asking what Trump had sacrificed. ABC asked him this question. His answer is below, including his disgusting insinuation that Khan's wife was not allowed to speak:

You Will Not Believe What Trump Said About How He Has Sacrificed For His Country

Standing on a stage in front of America, Khizr Khan slammed Donald Trump, saying his son sacrificed his life for the Constitution. "You've sacrificed nothing," he said directly to Trump from that stage. Donald Trump has responded to the speech and of all the ways to respond to something like that, he took what was arguably the most Donald Trump route possible.

Speaking with George Stephanopoulos, Trump seemed to try to empathize with Khan before going on to say that Khan's wife had nothing to say and may not have been allowed to say anything (he cites "several people" who have written that claim because sure why not), as though that might be reason enough to completely disregard what Khan had to say. Stephanopoulos asked him if he had sacrifices, and this happened:

Pressed by Stephanopoulos to name the sacrifices he’d made for his country, Trump said: “I think I've made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard. I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures. I've had tremendous success. I think I've done a lot.”

Just so we're clear, that is Donald Trump saying his years spent as a business man means he has made sacrifices like the type Khan was referring to. A man gave his life for his country while serving overseas, and Donald Trump believes that his efforts to make himself rich are comparable. One soldier made the ultimate sacrifice and one egomaniac gained money and influence. That's his argument.

Getting richer is a pretty big sacrifice, you guys. And only someone as great as Donald Trump is willing to make that sacrifice.

He did add that he has donated millions to veterans groups, but we know how rarely that seems to pan out. But, by and large, Donald Trump believes that doing things that make yourself richer are sacrifices equal to giving up your life for your country.

It gives me hope to see how many conservative writers and pundits have turned on Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol Trump rejected by the Kochs claims he spurned them.

A report from Yesterday:

Kochs reject push to meet with Trump

Trump donors have been pushing the billionaire brothers to reconsider their lack of support for the GOP nominee.
    By KENNETH P. VOGEL 07/29/16 05:09 PM EDT

Top Donald Trump donors tried to set up a meeting between the GOP presidential nominee and Charles Koch in Colorado Springs on Friday, but Koch aides rejected the entreaties, according to two Republicans with knowledge of the outreach.

Koch and his brother David Koch, who helm an influential network of advocacy groups and major conservative donors, have been sharply critical of Trump’s rhetoric and policy stances and have indicated they do not intend to support his campaign.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz4FvRllnpt

Trump's Tweet the next day:

LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    It gives me hope to see how many conservative writers and pundits have turned on Trump.
    Agreed. I think you are going to see more and more of the right be more vocal about Trump and how he is a danger.

What a fucking asshole.

And the Dump stupidity continues! Looks like my prediction of him trying skipping the debates is looking more likely!

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/30/medi...ule/index.html

Apparently Dump, just as i predicted, is already sighting the "liberal media" in conspiring to "fix the debates". How? By (and im not joking) scheduling two of the debates on NFL nights, sighting that as "unacceptable"... As if people don't have recording abilities. All signs are pointing to him setting up a cheap excuse to skip ithe debates!

This totally screams that he's setting things up to chicken-shit himself from debating Hillary. Christ.. Id thought he'd be man enough to at least do ONE debate! Will he be THAT much of a coward?

At least the Trump hate is consolidated to one thread now. Thats nice at least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    And the Dump stupidity continues! Looks like my prediction of him trying skipping the debates is looking more likely!

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/30/medi...ule/index.html

Apparently Dump, just as i predicted, is already sighting the "liberal media" in conspiring to "fix the debates". How? By (and im not joking) scheduling two of the debates on NFL nights, sighting that as "unacceptable"... As if people don't have recording abilities. All signs are pointing to him setting up a cheap excuse to skip ithe debates!

This totally screams that he's setting things up to chicken-shit himself from debating Hillary. Christ.. Id thought he'd be man enough to at least do ONE debate! Will he be THAT much of a coward?
    You gotta love that he claimed that the NFL sent him a letter complaining about it and the NFL said essentially "What letter? We didn't send him no stinking letter." Can he even open his mouth and discuss something without lying?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    At least the Trump hate is consolidated to one thread now. Thats nice at least.
    As the only way he makes it into the news cycle is when he says something objectively incorrect I'm not sure what positive coverage there will be.

10+ Year Old Account

"My personal Vietnam... ...dodging STDs."
    "They call him a war hero because he was captured. I like guys who aren't captured"
    Donald Trump is repugnant.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    You gotta love that he claimed that the NFL sent him a letter complaining about it and the NFL said essentially "What letter? We didn't send him no stinking letter." Can he even open his mouth and discuss something without lying?
    NFL hates the guy. They have been pushing him away, while he tries one conniving act after another to get a team. NFL probebly isn't too happy about being used by him and I will never believe they would reach out to him, unless it's to piss on his grave. It's been that clear of a relationship. People tend to get pissed when they get sued and the plaintiff be declared so underhanded and conniving while winning, that the jury gives him 3$. NFL would never do anything to be near the guy...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    "I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs."

".........Those are sacrifices?"

I freaking died laughing. When the interviewer catches you on your BS you really need to improve your game. Why anyone believes this man can improve this country is beyond me. This is the pinnacle of narcissism when a man considers employing someone to make him money a sacrifice on his part.

10+ Year Old Account
    PFT just poked fun at him over the letter:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-to-be-moved/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    "My personal Vietnam... ...dodging STDs."
    "They call him a war hero because he was captured. I like guys who aren't captured"
    Donald Trump is repugnant.
    There is no question of that. At the end of the day though you got to wonder about the mental gymnastics his followers go through to think he should be President.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    PFT just poked fun at him over the letter:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-to-be-moved/
    LOL. I wonder how many media folks have asked for a copy of the letter he supposedly got. Bet there will be a few.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still holding to the idea that Trump will drop out of the race. I'd wager he doesn't make to Labor Day. A month of downward polls, and he'll run home to cry on his billions.

We need a megathread/poll to take odds on when Trump quits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I'm still holding to the idea that Trump will drop out of the race. I'd wager he doesn't make to Labor Day. A month of downward polls, and he'll run home to cry on his billions.

We need a megathread/poll to take odds on when Trump quits.
    *Alleged billions.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "Here's the republican candidate rated by a democrat 'liberal' site."
    Harr harr.