Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Or just block invites, who cares about whispers?
    I've had invites blocked for years.

The whispers are fucking obnoxious because it's literally 3-5 times per day that some shitter guild is spamming me with whispers about how awesome their guild is and why I should JOIN TODAY!! and such.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ...that allows you to scan for un-guilded people and whisper them?

At least 5 or 6 times a day, I get whispers from people asking me to join their guild, usually in the form of 5-6 sentence spam macros. It's really fucking obnoxious.

"lol just join a guild, problem solved"

I don't feel like joining a guild. I'm a casual player who uses Group Finder for raids and doesn't do mythic; I have no use for a guild.
    join a social guild? you dont need to be a mythic raider to join a guild...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    They have an addon that prevents the majority of guild-oriented copy-paste whispers. I think that it's called GuildShield.
    Lol. Guild Shield is part of the same addon that is used to spam whispers and/or invites to non-guilded people.

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Is this how some people play? That's just...sad
    Some people enjoy playing an MM-NO

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I always just start a guild on my own, and have one of my friends make a char, then invite all of my chars. I then make my bank char the GM, that way I can just leave whenever I want to on w/e character I want to, and have the guild still there for if/when I make a new char, or want to return. Just have a rank in your guild specifically for your friend's character with nothing but guild invite privileges.

So...not wanting to be spammed with unsolicited whispers about guilds is "anti-social" ?

If you are not part of a active 1000 person guild, where guild chat flies by faster than trade chat on illidan-US, you are 100% playing the game wrong. You DO NOT play a MMORPG for any reason than to chat all day and night. There is absolutely no reason to do anything but talk and chat and hang out in a MMORPG. There is absolutely no other way to interact with other players than to be in a full guild, Absolutely NO OTHER WAY!

Anyone who does not belong to a guild with at least 500 active people is anti-scoial, sociopaths, who clearly hates all human life forms, lives in a basement, with the windows blacked out, and only eats food delivered and left at the door, of which they will only pick up after it's dark outside. Their life can only be completely devoid of any meaning

People who have no interests in being in a large guild constantly interacting with others probably also hates Baby laughter, puppies and kittens. If only we could purge the world of people who don't want to play MMORPGs the way I have envisioned in my head and according to my rules.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-07-30 at 11:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Way to insult a huge portion of the playerbase. Who the fuck are they hurting by playing by themselves? You know what's really sad? Entitled little millennials who believe everyone else should think and act just like they do.
    lol calm down kid. I just think it's kinda sad to play an MMO and not want to make friends

Deleted
    3-5 per day? I don't understand why that's such a problem. It's not like 3-5 whispers are gonna make your chat box unreadable lol.

I used this add-on to recruit people and got told to "Fuck off". I did apologize and explained that on Pre-patch day, it was hard to manually advertise with the chat being filled with people.

I don't understand why you wouldn't join a guild though, or make your own. You don't have to socialize and you won't get anymore guild invites, so what is the problem? But then again this is 2016, where things that can be easily solved are made into a complex issue.
    Last edited by mmoc84fd1101e4; 2016-07-30 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIhere View Post
    3-5 per day? I don't understand why that's such a problem. It's not like 3-5 whispers are gonna make your chat box unreadable lol.
    Because some people don't like getting useless spam whispers due to some pathetic idiot who doesn't give an actual shit about a quality guild using an addon to spam players.

lol calm down kid. I just think it's kinda sad to play an MMO and not want to make friends
    I think it's kinda sad that you're judging people for the way they like to play a game.

At least 5 or 6 times a day, I get whispers from people asking me to join their guild, usually in the form of 5-6 sentence spam macros. It's really fucking obnoxious.

I don't feel like joining a guild. I'm a casual player who uses Group Finder for raids and doesn't do mythic; I have no use for a guild.

So, because you don't do mythic raiding and such, you don't want to be in a guild?

There's plenty of perks to being in a guild, the hearth cd, 10% faster mount speed and the other few left.

Alas, make your own

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Because some people don't like getting useless spam whispers due to some pathetic idiot who doesn't give an actual shit about a quality guild using an addon to spam players.
    That doesn't explain anything. It just makes you look super whiney. A couple of whispers that you aren't interested in shouldn't make someone throw a fit over it. Join a guild and don't socialize or just make your own and this problem is solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...not wanting to be spammed with unsolicited whispers about guilds is "anti-social" ?

No, pissing and moaning about joining a guild because you're an edgy solo lonewolf who don't need no man is though. Just make your own guild. You can even call it Hermit Town if you want.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2016-07-30 at 11:18 PM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

There isn't a simple way of blocking that due to the functionality it uses, which would affect a lot of more acceptable uses.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    No, pissing and moaning about joining a guild because you're an edgy solo lonewolf who don't need no man is though. Just make your own guild. You can even call it Hermit Town if you want.
    A dude with a pentogram avatar calling others anti-social edgy shut-ins... Talk about the hypocrisy

You can just ignore them and let them scroll up the chat window into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    . You can even call it Hermit Town if you want.
    I called mine "Solo Artists" just so your type world get all excited about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    A dude with a pentogram avatar calling others anti-social edgy shut-ins... Talk about the hypocrisy
    It's a band symbol, dingus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I called mine "Solo Artists" just so your type world get all excited about it.
    Well done. You are smarter than your average bear, sir!
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

22 am I right? People much older than that have figured out that calling someone a kid is just about the dumbest insult. I haven't been a kid in several decades.

And who says guileless people don't make friends? You act like being in a guild is the only way to accomplish this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

As I'm sure others have said, get the BadBoy mod and block spam whispers, you'll never see another one and you can easily report the fuckers too.

tbh i dint think the the op is anti social i think that hes thinking "since i can do everything i want to in this game through the group browser tool i don't deem it necessary to be in a guild" i may be wrong tho

and if im right is acceptable to think that way