Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    nothing will ever break rogues, because they are guaranteed to get an opener that nobody without a healer on his side will be able to survive. Dont state it isnt like this, because everyone who is a little experienced in WoW pvp knows this.
    This is broken. solokilling 5 men groups, i felt like a russian cheater. u need like 5 seconds per opponent in open pvp. its so damn broken, and i just dont get it why they dont fix it (by removing stealth, or giving stealth the old -50 % movement and perhaps a -90 % dmg done debuff for the first 8 seconds after breaking stealth). so rogue would be a balanced class, and not a fucking unavoidable oneshotter, that only has to fear a single action from the opponent, that is on a 3 minute cooldown to be able to react to his opener: pvp trinket.

By wasting your cloak to counter a low dmg dot, i dont think anybody will ever be able to help your rogue-play.
    Lol what PS are you playing on?
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Rogue tears. So delicious.

Though the greatest, most delicious of rogue tears came in BC for me. Back then BS could make a 2h mace with a stun proc, and Arms had a hammer mastery talent that randomly stunned. Stunlocking rogue from 100 to 0 was a thing of beauty. And they got salty about it. So salty.

Alas, poor Stormherald, I miss those days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    inb4 spectal sight omg they can see me in stealth QQ broken DH
    10s duration 30s CD, slow movement and canceled on any action vs. 60s duration with no CD.

People. They will compare everything to prove their "point".

I'm a warlock and 70 seconds seems like too long to me, I mean rogues used to complain about having doom on them and that was 60 but has since been reduced. You could argue you have to talent into the dot being that long and that rogues being stealthed in the first place is an overpowered ability, my only complaint as a warlock to give some perspective is there aren't really a lot of aoe abilities as an affliction lock to counter stealth.

The dot should probably be 45 seconds, but unfortunately that means ZERO locks would talent into absolute corruption in pvp which is kind of a design flaw.

hrm last thought, every class needs a counter and that talent with a 70 second dot indeed would be a class counter to rogues lol! it's some awesome class fantasy from blizz for affliction locks... love saying class fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll respond to this with the exact same words Rogues said to Affliction Locks when Cloak of Shadows was put in the game...

"Working as intended. I believe this is a learn to play issue."
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    I'll respond to this with the exact same words Rogues said to Affliction Locks when Cloak of Shadows was put in the game...

5 second defense every 1,5 minutes vs a fire and forget ability that prevents you from stealthing FOR A MINUTE

if cloak removed lock dots every 3 seconds and was passive then you'd have a ground to stand on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    You could argue you have to talent into the dot being that long and that rogues being stealthed in the first place is an overpowered
    You cant argue about core of a class being overpowered. You can only learn how to play against it. Usually by playing it. I guess thats the biggest problem here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    hrm last thought, every class needs a counter and that talent with a 70 second dot indeed would be a class counter to rogues lol! it's some awesome class fantasy from blizz for affliction locks... love saying class fantasy.
    I dont think you are really getting this though. This wont help you in 1 on 1 fight vs. rogue. Maybe not even in rated play, although I can imagine some tricks. Its mostly just spreading cancer around you and making rogues life harder. But its not counter. Its not blocking Stealth so we can still use it offensively to kill you. We can even run. It will not secure you kill and mostly you will not get to see its impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinth View Post
    You cant argue about core of a class being overpowered. You can only learn how to play against it. Usually by playing it. I guess thats the biggest problem here.
    Is your point that we can't argue about the core of a class being overpowered because the class is balanced around those core abilities? I do agree though a lot of these opinions seem to be from rogues who haven't played warlock or warlocks who haven't played rogues.

You know, except for that warlock with the screenshot of his 100 rogue that for all we know is a boost with some boa token pvp gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    5 second defense every 1,5 minutes vs a fire and forget ability that prevents you from stealthing FOR A MINUTE

if cloak removed lock dots every 3 seconds and was passive then you'd have a ground to stand on.
    Let's look at how a typical fight between a Lock and a Rogue goes:

(5 seconds) Rogue - Stuns warlock out of stealth. Knocks off approximately 20% of warlocks health.
    *Stun ends*
    (1.5 seconds) warlock - Casts one dot.
    (3 seconds) Rogue - Stuns warlock again. Get's another 10-20% of warlocks health.
    (6 seconds) warlock - free of stun fully applies all dots to rogue. Meanwhile rogue knocks off another 20-30% of warlocks health
    (5 seconds) Rogue - finishes off warlock. With one button push negates every action the lock did. Stealth's and resumes.

This is in a 1v1 situation. In team play your healer should dispel you and if they don't the problem is not the lock... it's your healer.

And you're crying... LOL
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Deleted
    So assuming warlock will die second after Cloak ends, why do I have 59 seconds corruption (3 times the duration warlock managed to survive) on me? Is it to celebrate his great achievement of falling over in KS?

7+ Year Old Account
    Well it looks like youre the frustrated one here, not sure why, almost feels like you cant imagine the game w/o your broken tools. Not sure why you give us advices, we are still good, but that doesnt mean someone is entitled to have sth broken. Long duration DoTs, auto-spreading and auto applying of anything have no place in the game.

Also running away is not losing. Just shows your lack of understanding of rogue class.
    i dont even fucking play affliction >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Let's look at how a typical fight between a Lock and a Rogue goes:

(5 seconds) Rogue - Stuns warlock out of stealth. Knocks off approximately 20% of warlocks health.
    *Stun ends*
    (1.5 seconds) warlock - Casts one dot.
    (3 seconds) Rogue - Stuns warlock again. Get's another 10-20% of warlocks health.
    (6 seconds) warlock - free of stun fully applies all dots to rogue. Meanwhile rogue knocks off another 20-30% of warlocks health
    (5 seconds) Rogue - finishes off warlock. With one button push negates every action the lock did. Stealth's and resumes.

This is in a 1v1 situation. In team play your healer should dispel you and if they don't the problem is not the lock... it's your healer.

And you're crying... LOL
    i dont know i dont remember the thread title being "i cant beat locks in 1v1" (then again they're ridiculous now they have more healing than actual healers, and demo especially is stupid as fuck) i said corruption is a broken mechanic.

and just because it's not an 1v1 it doesnt instantly mean i have a healer, on a battleground you're literally a sitting duck for a whole minute because a warlock happened to be near you

i could beat balance/feral druids 1v1 in WoD but that doesnt mean faerie swarm wasnt totally and utterly broken

ITT: people forget healers exist, and that the entire game is balanced around them being around, always.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    ITT: people forget healers exist, and that the entire game is balanced around them being around, always.
    then why is every class filled to the brim with self healing?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes but you need to place seed of corruption, then have everyone near them when it blows up.. or just place corruption... but whateves, and no, not every class should have a 1 min dot... affliction is the dot spec, its all about dots, its got 5 dots for fucks sakes, its ment for dots, also absolute corruption will not kill you, its one of our weakest dots, its more of a annoyence, you wanna see unfair? look at agony!

they get that 20 stack agony, on you and a effigy, with unstable affliction on both, you will be dead in 2 seconds mate

- - - Updated - - -

rogues dont have pandemic? i thought all classes dots had pandemic these days
    If a warlock has enough time to get all that up on you at once, you deserve to be dead, any other DD class would kill you much quicker in the time it takes to stack agony to 20 on both an effigy and the player. Effigy can be dispelled as a magic effect. The real broken thing about warlocks is the passive soul leech effect and life siphon imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any DoT longer than 20 seconds is broken. This game however, is no longer made with rogues in mind. Instead we have people, that feel entitled to have such low skillcap abilities like FF, automatic DoT spreading, refreshing, Hunters Mark and now this.
    Faerie Fire is gone. Completely. There is no longer such a thing as Faerie Fire in the game.

Rogues had their time in the era of Vanilla. Go play a private servers if you want to be god-mode rogue again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The corruption doesn't bother me that much, you can Cloak it or time your stealth between ticks when near an enemy and still use openers. The real problem is locks completely broken shield. It takes like 5-6 seconds of uninterrupted full out DPS on a stunned lock before you can even get them below 100% health. I haven't played at 110 so i hope its not so bad there.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck getting any Warlock to feel bad for Rogues after years of being forced to take it up the ass.

1. locks are overscaled
    2. warriors have basically zero healing
    3. hunters requires a high kill rate to heal
    4. rogues have a hot
    5. dks have basically nothing
    6. mages have a shield

rest are hybrids.

next.

You do realize classes with self heals don't heal as good as real healers right?

Got a dot have a healer remove it....simple fix.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD