Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    /join guild
    /leave guild chat

On my main server, I invite all my alts to the guild of my main. On my alt server (altception?) I simply have my own guild for them all. Of course, that works because I have 3 accounts and can use a character on one of them to invite alts on the others... @.@

As for the addon, which I've been pestered by within seconds of logging new characters, report it. Keep reporting it. I report it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Make a guild if you're so obsessed with being anti-social.
    Not wanting random idiots whispering you macros doesn't make you anti-social.

Hell, I take anyone who uses an addon for guild invites as someone who is, themselves, anti-social. They can't even be bothered to talk to me themselves, they have to get an addon to do it for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Is this how some people play? That's just...sad
    No what sad is, is people like you who cant acknowledge that not everyone has the same opinion you have about how the game is to be played to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Doesn't stop the whispers though.

OP, what I ended up doing was just making a guild for all of my own alts. That gives you freedom from guild spammers without having to be in a guild with other people, plus your own guild bank as well for lots of extra storage. You just have to pay a few people some gold to sign the charter for you.
    This. If you think not getting whispers is good, you'll freak out at how great it is to have your own personal guild bank. Which, don't forget, you can access from anywhere once per hour using Mobile Banking. Soooo worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Not wanting random idiots whispering you macros doesn't make you anti-social.

Hell, I take anyone who uses an addon for guild invites as someone who is, themselves, anti-social. They can't even be bothered to talk to me themselves, they have to get an addon to do it for them.
    He can create his own guild and be the only member... Also, be careful having a pentagram in your avatar rustles the jimmies of people on these boards apparently.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

When I play alts on a random server, yes.

I've got 11 characters all in guilds on my main server, sometimes I just want peace and quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    He can create his own guild and be the only member... Also, be careful having a pentagram in your avatar rustles the jimmies of people on these boards apparently.
    That is a decent solution, admittedly.... I just have a personal hatred for both the addon and those who use it (generally I'll just "report spam" on anyone that whispers me on one.... and I typically get at least one before I can get into a guild, even if I have my wife ready with an invite the moment I create the character).

As for my avatar, if people get pissy about it, too bad for them :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Way to insult a huge portion of the playerbase. Who the fuck are they hurting by playing by themselves? You know what's really sad? Entitled little millennials who believe everyone else should think and act just like they do.
    Fantastic over reaction. You are the only one hurling insults and acting childish.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiple solutions:

1.: Join a guild.
    2.: Create a guild just for you (Could be a bank guild).
    3.: Block Guild Invites + Report the person.
    4.: Get addon, Bad boy (I think it is called?).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/bad-boy has the feature to block guild invite whispers.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ...that allows you to scan for un-guilded people and whisper them?

At least 5 or 6 times a day, I get whispers from people asking me to join their guild, usually in the form of 5-6 sentence spam macros. It's really fucking obnoxious.

"lol just join a guild, problem solved"

I don't feel like joining a guild. I'm a casual player who uses Group Finder for raids and doesn't do mythic; I have no use for a guild.
    Make your own solo guild, like I did. It has many benefits:
    1) Your own tabard
    2) Your own server-wide storage
    3) Guild perks and rewards

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Alternative version of: "lol just join a guild" - create your own guild, you don't need to have other people in it, or just 1 friend. I have a guild with a friend where we keep all our alts, it's convenient.

- - - Updated - - -

Your judgemental nature is a lot more "sad". Not everyone wants to join in on the "lulz" with random strangers, plenty of people come to these games with real friends of their own and aren't really looking for anyone else.

Of course, judging by your "sad" "kid!" posts, I'm sure you're great at making friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Create your own 1-man guild
    Have the reqs changed recently, or do you still have to spam unguilded people to sign your fucking charter?
    Oh the irony, if that is still the case

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make a New chat tab that doesn't include /Whisper. It's what I do, since all my Friends are B.Net friends which has a different option to see and I don't care what randoms want.

Dam only 5/6times?

I'm not exaggerating here, but I get dozens in every time I log in. One after another just pop up and the wisps dear fucking god. The thing is, if anyone of these guilds sent a message first, not a automated one, and just said hi, I'm looking for people to join, do you fancy it? I'd say yes straight away.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually that depends on the player.

Take me for example, I joined a guild, I progressed, and more or less our entire guild was recruited into a higher guild. We made a few more friends and after a year about 15 of us moved and went to one of the servers top guild at the time, some of us social, some casual, some raiders.

I myself, did casual raiding, and I invested nearly 8 years into that guild. Eventually it come to light that the core raid team were a spiteful bunch of elitist cunts who had been trying for years to convince the gm to not only disband the casual raid team / old content team / activities night themes, but also to remove us completely from the guild. We even found out, that on resets where they had cleared the content (for example, they cleared ICC and decided to go ToC for the last hour) they'd have a few people drop out and ask in guild chat if anyone wanted to come or wanted a free run. Turns out, they would only ever invite one of their RL mates to go, and they were just saving face. But, each time they'd ask they actually wouldn't take anyone or reply to their wisps and often go with just 7 or 8 people instead of a full 10 man.

At this point I left, and I haven't joined a proper guild since not properly anyway, one or two which end us disbanded after a few weeks or I leave, I just see them as cesspits where people screw each other over for their own personal progress.

Furthermore, like I said, I invested 8 years into my main guild, I don't have that sort of time to start making those type of connections any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    It's the same with Windows 10, you don't want it but it's there. Lurking, reminding you of its presence... till you give in.
    rofl, so true

Deleted
    Funny how people cannot figure out a way to /ignore those people. Or get an addon that blocks whispers from people (I bet there is one with a whitelist only option).
    But want Blizzard to solve all their problems for them.

Grow up, you have a ton of tools available to you! Don't just hope someone else will come along and fix it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Because some people don't like getting useless spam whispers due to some pathetic idiot who doesn't give an actual shit about a quality guild using an addon to spam players.
    3 to 5 whispers a day is spam level now? I mean, wtf. Even if you only play 2 hours a day, thats still only one message every 30 minutes or so. If you are sitting in any major city, that shit would be gone off your chat box almost faster then you could read it, and forgotten 10 seconds later. You would honestly have to be pretty damn anal for something like that to piss you off.

That said, just form a personal guild for your toons. Mucho extra storage space, access to whatever guild perks still exist, and no more spam. Pretty easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    3 to 5 whispers a day is spam level now? I mean, wtf. Even if you only play 2 hours a day, thats still only one message every 30 minutes or so. If you are sitting in any major city, that shit would be gone off your chat box almost faster then you could read it, and forgotten 10 seconds later. You would honestly have to be pretty damn anal for something like that to piss you off.

That said, just form a personal guild for your toons. Mucho extra storage space, access to whatever guild perks still exist, and no more spam. Pretty easy.
    I mean the exact definition of spam is:
    "irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to large numbers of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc."