Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    "Brother" Cornell West has been around for 35 years. The most notable thing he's done was get into a dispute with Larry Summers and fail to get tenure.

He's had decades to change the status quo. He's comprehensively failed. He isn't going to start being relevant now.

He's a bitter old man, filled with regret.
    I can only imagine how much you detest his world viewpoint

10+ Year Old Account
    Maher's analogy was fucking great :P

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Maher's analogy was fucking great :P
    I dont think it was, Hilary is a neo liberal she will support gay marriage and "black rights" if it means blacks and gays will vote for her to allow the continuation of American Militarism, its an eminence front. So a better analogy is that she tells you the train is going to san francisco, but really its just going to Libya to overthrow another dictator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I dont think it was, Hilary is a neo liberal she will support gay marriage and "black rights" if it means blacks and gays will vote for her to allow the continuation of American Militarism, its an eminence front. So a better analogy is that she tells you the train is going to san francisco, but really its just going to Libya to overthrow another dictator.
    Cry me a fucking river.

You know dictators are a bad thing, right ?

Lol, Cornell West is great. Most academics sound like pretentious douchenozzles who think that their farts don't stink. West is Harvard and Princeton-educated, taught at Harvard, looks like he stepped out of a time machine from an 1800s Southern plantation and he sounds and acts like he came straight out of the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    compared to what? Libya was better off with Gaddfi at the helm, that is a fact.

I can only imagine how much you detest his world viewpoint
    No. Really. Regardless of how I feel, it is simply not credible to suggest that Cornell West is, suddenly now, 35 years later, going to somehow be an agent of change... an agent of anything. Time and events have passed him by. He is an irrelevant old man.

Going on Bill Maher's show is pretty much the extent of what he is capable of.

When was the last time he inspired anyone?

Met him in Philly at a DNC protest. Love me some Cornel West, brilliant guy and a great dancer too :P

...also love those french cuffs.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Bad compared to idealistic democracies. Some parts of the world are not, for many reasons, ready for to jump to where other countries are in the blink of an eye. What happens when you force that sudden shift is you get chaos and orthodox back lash which leads you to situations like we have in Libya at the moment: the largest, most organized center of ISIS in the world. The media likes to talk about how great things are against ISIS in Iraq now a days but their center of operations moved almost a year ago (which isn't to say they arnt in Iraq and fighting, but removing ISIS from Iraq is not removing them from their seat of their power. We went ahead and gave them a bigger, better, more vulnerable seat).

Militarism has more often than not bitten us in the ass, and the ways or removing dictators and instituting democracies have been a pipe dream in the last thirty years. Meanwhile, we don't say a peep about Palestinians and do whatever we can to ignore they exist or mark them as terrorists against the poor defenseless Israelis.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruujik View Post
    Race-baiter who beliefs that the most urgent issue in the US is ''white supremacy''.
    You can literally trace all of our most pressing issues as a nation back to white supremacy man. Your (apparent) downplaying of it is a large part of why it's thrived and proliferated to this day.

Another idiot who thinks that Jill Stein has any chance of winning when she does not, whatsoever.

I like how he just completely ignored anything that didn't agree with his narrative. Whenever Bill or anybody else brought up the futility of Stein's electability, some whataboutism came into play and he skillfully changed the subject.

Good thing Barney Frank was on the panel and absolutely schooled his dumbass.

His constant moaning about the flag-waving part when the Genearl spoke being "militarism" was just utter bullshit. As was his nonsense about having to get arrested to matter.

Maybe watch the entire episode, or at least the parts with Barney Frank, before declaring him some amazing debater/thinker.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-07-31 at 04:26 AM.

No. Really. Regardless of how I feel, it is simply not credible to suggest that Cornell West is, suddenly now, 35 years later, going to somehow be an agent of change... an agent of anything. Time and events have passed him by. He is an irrelevant old man.

Going on Bill Maher's show is pretty much the extent of what he is capable of.

When was the last time he inspired anyone?
    That seems like an impossible question to answer, whens the last time US foreign policy helped anyone (other than the arms dealers)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    You can literally trace all of our most pressing issues as a nation back to white supremacy man. Your (apparent) downplaying of it is a large part of why it's thrived and proliferated to this day.
    No thats just utter bullshit, poverty in the US among non whites occurs in the most liberal and richest areas(cities). Are you suggesting that Detroit is being run by white supremecists, or New York?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Another idiot who thinks that Jill Stein has any chance of winning when she does not, whatsoever.

I like how he just completely ignored anything that didn't agree with his narrative. Whenever Bill or anybody else brought up the futility of Stein's electability, some whataboutism came into play and he skillfully changed the subject.

Good thing Barney Frank was on the panel and absolutely schooled his dumbass.

His constant moaning about the flag-waving part when the Genearl spoke being "militarism" was just utter bullshit. As was his nonsense about having to get arrested to matter.

Maybe watch the entire episode, or at least the parts with Barney Frank, before declaring him some amazing debater/thinker.
    You could say the same of Bernie Sanders, he didnt have a prayer. But ill tell you what, he still fostered a shift in narrative from the party he ran for. You don't have to win to foster change, and you don't have to settle for shitty candidates like Hilary Clinton to be able to be part of making things better.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orlando, Florida. United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruujik View Post
    Race-baiter who beliefs that the most urgent issue in the US is ''white supremacy''.

- - - Updated - - -

Entirely reasonable to discredit someone who lives in a bubble where military is a relic of a bygone era.

Man, ''academics''...
    Having our military defend our people is a good thing. Sending them gallivanting all over the world killing brown/yellow people, and making weapon, communication, energy mega-corporations even MORE profit then they already do, is immoral at best, and fucking scumbag evil at the very worst. Volunteer military aren't hero's, the men drafted to fight for our countries defense and freedom are, and the last time that was totally true and necessary was over 70 years ago. It's called a total war, and if we aren't willing to kill every man, woman, and child in a serious inter-state conflict, then we should have never started whatever "war", "police action", or "Executive Order" that our military is sent on in the first place. Our kids lives and other countries kids lives are too important for that inane, insane, horrifically short-sighted horse shit.

You could say the same of Bernie Sanders, he didnt have a prayer. But ill tell you what, he still fostered a shift in narrative from the party he ran for. You don't have to win to foster change, and you don't have to settle for shitty candidates like Hilary Clinton to be able to be part of making things better.
    Except by even declaring in one of the two political parties, he had an infinitely higher chance than Hillary Clinton.

Also stop with the fallacy stuff here broseph. At this point in the race, nobody at <10% has a chance to win the election. Sure, if all this push for Jill Stein happened on day 1 of the election, then maybe she would have had a chance.

But, for the umpteenth time, there's no chance at this point in the race. Also, Barney Frank points out a bunch of great points about Jill Stein having done jack shit for the progressive movement, while also taking note of her assbackwards views on medicine, while Bernie actually did something for the movement. Sanders, even back when he first declared, was always a legitimate candidate running.

Stein has always and probably will always be nobody but a protest candidate who has zero chance of winning and thus gets to just lob nonsense from the sidelines knowing she stands no chance.

That seems like an impossible question to answer, whens the last time US foreign policy helped anyone (other than the arms dealers)
    Ten minutes ago, when the deaths from AIDS in Africa didn't happen thanks to the efforts of the last two administrations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...KCX_story.html

Sit down.

Ten minutes ago, when the deaths from AIDS in Africa didn't happen thanks to the efforts of the last two administrations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...KCX_story.html

Sit down.
    George Bush has done great work in Africa, with charities not militaries

Sit down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Except by even declaring in one of the two political parties, he had an infinitely higher chance than Hillary Clinton.

Also stop with the fallacy stuff here broseph. At this point in the race, nobody at <10% has a chance to win the election. Sure, if all this push for Jill Stein happened on day 1 of the election, then maybe she would have had a chance.

But, for the umpteenth time, there's no chance at this point in the race. Also, Barney Frank points out a bunch of great points about Jill Stein having done jack shit for the progressive movement, while also taking note of her assbackwards views on medicine, while Bernie actually did something for the movement. Sanders, even back when he first declared, was always a legitimate candidate running.

Stein has always and probably will always be nobody but a protest candidate who has zero chance of winning and thus gets to just lob nonsense from the sidelines knowing she stands no chance.
    Do you like the 2 party system, because if you dont the process to change it is going to be a slower change. I voted for Gary Johnson in 08 and 12 not because I thought he would win but because I didn't like either of the other candidates.

So either I dont vote, or I vote for who I like or dont vote.

This year Gary Johnson is polling as high as 12%, last cycle it was 3-5%. Thats progress

George Bush has done great work in Africa, with charities not militaries

Sit down.
    That's pretty much foreign policy. Aren't you just agreeing with @Skroe?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather have Jill Stein over Gary Johnson, Gary is just Republican lite far as I'm concerned.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I would rather have Jill Stein over Gary Johnson, Gary is just Republican lite far as I'm concerned.
    What makes you say so? Johnson does have some policy positions that are consistent with a mainstream Republican platform, but on many important issues he's quite heterodox. He was the first governor to publicly support marijuana legalization and is strongly against the drug-war, he's enthusiastic about making life easier rather than harder for immigrants, he's in favor of gay marriage, and he's basically a peacenik.