Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I doubt it was solely financial, but fine by me imo. Makes sense lore wise. You never saw Illidan training humans/dwarves.

And they said more races can be DH in the future so, whatev.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    1st world problems.
    Pretty much this. Ofcourse there was some cost-cutting into the decision to only allow elves to do it, but luckily it also made sense to let only elves be DH Stop being sad about it OP and get on with your life. The game is not gonna be any better just because orcs can be DH.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be obsessed with something you clearly hate.

Seek professional help.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I prefer the race to class restrictions on Demon Hunters, to be honest.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    And they said more races can be DH in the future so, whatev.
    They said it's highly unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    It is not a bonus. We had to give up something (additional race options) to get those features. Hence the cost cutting.
    No, that is the opposite of cutting costs. Lets make this simple. Define art resources as a currency, called Art Points (or AP). Blizzard has 100 AP to use on art for demon hunters. For lore reasons, it wouldn't make sense if races other than Elves were Demon Hunters. So if it were to take 100 AP for the art/animations/etc to make Demon Hunters for all races, and they only used ~20 for Elves, that means they have ~80 AP left. So they used that to make different blind-folds, tattoos, skin, etc. Whether they made Demon Hunters for all races or just 2, the same amount of resources would be spent. No costs were cut. A lot of resources were put into a few things as oppose to a few resources put into a lot of things.

It was a decision based on lore that also allowed them to add additional customization.

I'm not seeing the problem here. No other race makes sense to be a DH.

It is not a bonus. We had to give up something (additional race options) to get those features. Hence the cost cutting.
    Nothing was given up. We never had additional race options and you can't give up something you never had. Instead we gained a new class for two races.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    all you do is post complete garbage.
    ahahahahahahahahahahaha

But back on topic, I disagree with OP. It wasn't a cost cutting measure, but a bonus to following the lore. Negative nancy alert.

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    They said it's highly unlikely
    No they didn't. They just said none in Legion.

"It is possible to see more races as Demon Hunters in future expansions, but not in Legion."

I'm sure we'll learn more with the upcoming demon hunter QnA
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

From the Q&A summary on the front page:

So it turns out that it had nothing to do with the lore as many suspected all along, but was a cost cutting measure to ensure that they finished the Demon Hunter art on time. Personally I am pretty disappointed that they were only able to provide us with 2 race options despite a 14 month wait in a 1 major content patch expansion. But I am even more disappointed that they are willingly releasing a half finished product instead of releasing it "when it's ready" with the full suite of race options. The last thing they should be doing at the back of WoD is taking more shortcuts.
    its wierd cuz I could of sworn on beta I had a worgen Demon hunter as i took run speed as my perk....

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    all you do is post complete garbage.

Stop trying to nit pick and find things about the awesome new expansion to hate on.
    Conspiracy theory: @styil has been working hard to attain *this* kind of notoriety.

Worst thing that ever happened to druids was all these new races besides tauren and night elf.

Druids would have had form updates and their artifacts could have had racial variants if it wasn't for the fact they introduced trolls and worgen into the mix.

Now we can't even get with a moonkin form update racialized versions, but just recolors of the same skin.

Blizzard did it right with demonhunters. Quality over quantity.

Dont you think that other races fits ,but would be stranger? FFS imagine a goblin demon hunter or orc? Jesus, there´s better things to complain i must say, like ability pruning on some classes and the new silence penalty.

I find very boring the current races /classes combos.
    I really hate orcs mage, NE mages, Tauren paladins and blablabla, the magic of choosing class / race combo is over i think.

I would love instead of everyone being dh and releasing new class, they allowing the Night elves warriors to be sentinels mounted on their tigers , night elves rogues to be wardens ,blood elves warrior to be glaive throwers, troll hunters to be the MOST BADASS CLASS OF ALL TIMES THE AXE THROWER / BESERKER.

They are trying to give us spec identity and its good in most of the classes but it would be awesome they restored the race identity

From the Q&A summary on the front page:

So it turns out that it had nothing to do with the lore as many suspected all along, but was a cost cutting measure to ensure that they finished the Demon Hunter art on time. Personally I am pretty disappointed that they were only able to provide us with 2 race options despite a 14 month wait in a 1 major content patch expansion. But I am even more disappointed that they are willingly releasing a half finished product instead of releasing it "when it's ready" with the full suite of race options. The last thing they should be doing at the back of WoD is taking more shortcuts.
    It is time to get over it. You complain about a 14 month wait but it would be much longer if they kept adding races to it. You will live with 2 or quit. Either way I don't care.

To me it seems like you are just looking for a reason to be butthurt.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-07-31 at 04:28 AM.

Heres the thing for our demon hunters. They are the Illidari Demon Hunters. Illidan's personal demon hunters. His most elite warriors. He would not have any non-elves has his personal attack force. Other races can become demon hunters, albeit its rare, some have actually. But not these demon hunters, these ones are specifically elves.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    No they didn't. They just said none in Legion.

"It is possible to see more races as Demon Hunters in future expansions, but not in Legion."

I'm sure we'll learn more with the upcoming demon hunter QnA
    There is no upcoming Demonhunter QnA.

this is one of those things where you can either believe Blizzard, or decide its a cost cutting conspiracy. they cut costs because we only got 2 specs. lazy blizz. they cut costs because we only got 2 races. lazy blizz.

Sorry but believe what you want, there's no way to convince someone that this wasn't a cost cutting decision. They explained their reasons for it in their Q&A, if you are going to insist they are lying, there's nothing anyone else can say to convince you otherwise. Personally I think they made the right call with restricting them to elves and i believe their answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Heres the thing for our demon hunters. They are the Illidari Demon Hunters. Illidan's personal demon hunters. His most elite warriors. He would not have any non-elves has his personal attack force. Other races can become demon hunters, albeit its rare, some have actually. But not these demon hunters, these ones are specifically elves.
    There has never been non-elf demon hunters.

Err, no. Not at all. You're looking at this from a completely wrong standpoint.

It wasn't a cost-cutting measure, it was a sensibility measure. If you take a look at DHs on beta you can clearly see that almost every animation, sound effect, voice clip, model, special effects like tattoos going through armor, armor being redesigned for DH bodies, and demon forms have a lot of personal work into each one. Tell me with a straight face that if they'd done every race or almost every race as DHs, they would have been able to do half as much as they did.

There's cutting costs, and then there's being sensible. Blizzard chose less variety for ridiculous levels of polish.