Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tems View Post
    What is the DKs discord channel?
    Just search "Acherus DK Discord", you should find it.

Quote Originally Posted by witchking7 View Post
    in legion if u get legendary bracers, crit will be your best stat (haste second), and Bursting sores the best single target/aoe talent in t1. Becouse its a fucking ridiculous when u can burst 8 spores in one SS crit.
    with Bursting sores wounds do 80% of the dmg of a pre-nerf clawing shadows (not counting the actually bursting sores AoE, just the wound dmg itself)

so yes that would be pretty broken

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumai258i View Post
    Another thing to note.

This is a HUGE DPS LOSS to our AoE as only the Physical part of Scourge Strike cleaves with Death and Decay.

I really hope this is not as intended and gets fixed.
    Yeah its gonna get investigated, I tweeted a combat log screenshot at devs among other things, will be fine.

I think the ability needs to do at least something more than scourge, certainly not less, or else it's almost never going to be used in a PVE situation, I would think.

so besides dumpstering cs into the ground in a raid environment was there any other nerfs/buffs that are not being properly communicated by le blizz devs
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

I'm more concerned about the removal of Death's Advance than the nerf to Clawing Shadows to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I think the ability needs to do at least something more than scourge, certainly not less, or else it's almost never going to be used in a PVE situation, I would think.
    On fights with a lot of mobility, it's going to be the better choice. A ranged ability should not be doing consistently better damage in melee range. Especially compared to the other talent choices on offer.

What's funny is with this stealth nerf to clawing shadows it no longer does any damage in PvP. It still consumes my runes and will burst FS if theres any on the target but it will not show up in my combat log as even doing 0 dmg, it just doesn't show up. Tested it multiple times yesterday by respeccing, retalenting, relogging, went into BGs, arenas, duels still 0 damage.

I wondered why I turreted 5-6 clawing shadows into 1 target and his HP bar didn't move.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    What's funny is with this stealth nerf to clawing shadows it no longer does any damage in PvP. It still consumes my runes and will burst FS if theres any on the target but it will not show up in my combat log as even doing 0 dmg, it just doesn't show up. Tested it multiple times yesterday by respeccing, retalenting, relogging, went into BGs, arenas, duels still 0 damage.

I wondered why I turreted 5-6 clawing shadows into 1 target and his HP bar didn't move.
    You're right, just checked my skada from the last bg I was in. Lots of bursted wounds, not a single clawing shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    If you don't know how much damage each of your abilities are doing, something is wrong.
    Yep, can't tell if an ability got a hidden X% change, my bad. Of course if it's between a 25-50% change, then i'll probably notice it.

Come to think of it, clawing shadows does 2 more damage than epidemic (as I do WOTLK timewalking).

Remember WOD arms "slam" talent? (well, some us probably don't because we're DKS imao). It's basically a talent that doesn't improve your dps, so clawing shadows will fall into that category.

I am also assuming this change is being reverted to it's normal self once legion hits?
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2016-07-31 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post

I can confirm this is happening on EU.
    Wow this is a bugged hotfix and a half, words don't even at this particular bug.

Zero damage is a big thing. xD

As Huskar mentioned, it still uses a rune still makes RP, still festering Wounds, just the damage component of Clawing Shadows is missing in pvp instances.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    They shouldve rather nerfed our current Set Boni, which are way too strong. Nerfing our base dps totally fucks our dps at 110...
    Hate to say it, but welcome to what Frost DKs are dealing with. However the talent itself was too strong. It was a ranged ability that did exceptionally high damage. So much damage that neither of the other options were even CLOSE to it. The fact that it's ranged makes it strong to begin with, doing exceptionally more damage makes it overpowered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumai258i View Post
    Another thing to note.

This is a HUGE DPS LOSS to our AoE as only the Physical part of Scourge Strike cleaves with Death and Decay.

I really hope this is not as intended and gets fixed.
    And I want frost to be the best spec in the game period...however realistically that's not going to happen...You still have epidemic which despite the small nerfs is still super strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Doesnt mean it should be the lowest either.
    It isn't the lowest...Unholy Frenzy is.

It was too strong. But Unholy wasnt (Frost still needs a few buffs imo). As long as the damage is compensated somewhere else im totally fine with it. This is assuming we use Fire Mages as a barometer for dps. If they get nerfed, then maybe it will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    realistically the talent with the highest utility should have the lowest output

Casigator
    PRO - highest potential dmg
    CON - gear and luck reliant

Clawing shadows
    PRO - highest ranged dmg, full shadow dmg cleave with DnD, utlity of kiting/off target dmg, ranged rune dump
    CON - lower potential single target dmg

Unholy frenzy
    PRO - flat dmg increase to auto attack, Increase the chance of Sudden doom proc , very undergeared friendly
    CON - Lower potential dmg in all scenarios over the other 2 talents

that would be balance...

not Clawing shadows
    PRO - higher single target dmg, Ranged dmg/rune spender, higher DnD cleave, utility of kiting
    CON - nothing....
    For anyone complaining about the nerf still(which don't get me wrong sucks...I'd rather see the other two buffed than CS nerfed) This PERFECTLY sums up why it was nerfed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Even if it did the same damage as Scourge Strike it has the ability to be used at ranged. Imagine a high mobility fight...where you're constantly playing catch up...you would choose CS over any other talent. It will have a niche, which is fine. Being the go to in every situation isn't what they intended with these new trees. Even Frost will give up Frostscythe in some situations.

Which, again, is fine. Just put the damage somewhere else. Unholy was fine. CS wasnt, but Unholy was.

It was too strong. But Unholy wasnt (Frost still needs a few buffs imo). As long as the damage is compensated somewhere else im totally fine with it. This is assuming we use Fire Mages as a barometer for dps. If they get nerfed, then maybe it will be fine.
    If anything the damage should get put into Festering Wounds or unholy frenzy. Otherwise it shouldn't be compensated somewhere else. I'm not hoping for nerfs to the class, but one talent should not be the go to in every situation. Just like unholy frenzy shouldn't be a complete garbage talent this late into beta either.

I agree with that. Festering Wounds, vp or death coil are good candidates for a bump. I'd prefer death coil just because we have so much invested in that ability (gold trait + set bonus).

And CS being the situational talent option is fine. As long as we have a choice between Castigator and unholy frenzy. Ppl shouldn't be forced to endure rng if they don't want to (castigator).

But seriously, death coil is laughably weak. It's pathetic.

Deleted
    I agree with that. Festering Wounds, vp or death coil are good candidates for a bump. I'd prefer death coil just because we have so much invested in that ability (gold trait + set bonus).

And CS being the situational talent option is fine. As long as we have a choice between Castigator and unholy frenzy. Ppl shouldn't be forced to endure rng if they don't want to (castigator).

I agree, DC needs a dmg buff. It is currently barely worth using above Death Strike. And with low mastery @ lvl 110 it won´t get any better.

Big thing with DC though is, all the shit giving it a chance to increase Scourge Strike damage. So if Obliterate scales with mastery due to rime, then DC is fine as is due to increase of SS damage. Also you have artifact traits to increase it's damage by up to 21% before Relics.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-07-31 at 04:48 AM.

Still needs a buff. Those DC talents aren't taken till much much later because double doom is garbage...because death coil is garbage. DC needs a buff to make double doom a worthwhile trait.

And buffing DC to 100% ap isn't asking a lot.