No general list of where all dps sits on single target? (sim craft)

By now there normally would have been at least a first pass of expected dps outputs for classes in different ilvls of gear. I'm not looking for the list for a be all end all source of information, but it would be helpful to know if any classes are particular outliers. This is mainly to prevent the situation where we start the next tier with 3 of X class and find that the class is entirely worthless.

Aside from the usual additional tuning of numbers to be implemented as per every pre-expansion, this time we are not only missing a (usually crucial and powerful) ability without having the artifact weapon(s), but the nature of artifact traits and how long they might potentially take to farm out its a lot harder to get definitive information about each spec and find an equal mark in power for all specs. At least thats why I think there isn't multiple fully fledged lists created yet.

Both responses refer to the pre-patch, which I'm not interested in at all. Obviously tuning is not 100% complete, but I'm not sure how not having access to the weapon is relevant to simulating the dps a class will do. I'm also not looking at this information for my own class choice per see, it's for looking at general raid comp of my guild. We raid at a fairly high level but don't have time to excessively test beta (I didn't even get it for some reason). Random logs of people playing with different ilvls, artifact unlocks and skill levels that I don't know provide way less information then sims that might end up being a bit off.

I was hoping someone more adept at simcraft could create a simple list of even 840 lvl dps. Doesn't need to be perfect just a base indication to start evaluating my guilds raid comp.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    Both responses refer to the pre-patch, which I'm not interested in at all. Obviously tuning is not 100% complete, but I'm not sure how not having access to the weapon is relevant to simulating the dps a class will do. I'm also not looking at this information for my own class choice per see, it's for looking at general raid comp of my guild. We raid at a fairly high level but don't have time to excessively test beta (I didn't even get it for some reason). Random logs of people playing with different ilvls, artifact unlocks and skill levels that I don't know provide way less information then sims that might end up being a bit off.

I was hoping someone more adept at simcraft could create a simple list of even 840 lvl dps. Doesn't need to be perfect just a base indication to start evaluating my guilds raid comp.
    Tbh, I'm not sure if that list would be all that helpful.

Probably, no one in your guild will have;

- The same amount of artifact power for their weapon
    - A Legendary
    - The same basic gear lvl thanks to titanforged rng

On top that tuning isn't even done atm, they may buff or nerf specific specs, some specs may be better on different encounters, some people may level the weapon for a spec that ends up a bit undertuned, etc

Building a raid comp now based on that just makes no real sense. Better go for attendance and personal skills ala movement tbh

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Deleted
    I keep reading all this tuning excuse everywere, but there are barely any tuning changes being rolled out at all.

Also, some specs have such bad mechanics that number tuning wont fix. Arms rng, Ret's judgement being a debuff just to name 2. And there's zero to none activity on those fronts. And there's more specs that have core issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    I keep reading all this tuning excuse everywere, but there are barely any tuning changes being rolled out at all.

Also, some specs have such bad mechanics that number tuning wont fix. Arms rng, Ret's judgement being a debuff just to name 2. And there's zero to none activity on those fronts. And there's more specs that have core issues.
    I believe top guilds already have such lists for themselves, since the tuning looks like to be nearly complete. Amount of people with access to Beta and available raid bosses easily allows to complete the list. But I suppose people just don't want to share it, saying "chill up, play what you want, stay in your casual guild and leave real raid progress and preparations to us".

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    It's completely irrelevant right now. Tuning passes are still occuring and the classes are being balanced around a core item that no one on Live has access to.

Chill, be patient, and play what you enjoy. All of the classes (except maybe Warlock) have a viable spec once the artifacts are factored in.
    Someone sounds misguidedly salty.