Poll: Should they give Li Li an Adult model

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Can we please leave all of Pandaria and its content abandoned?

Please?
    Why would we abandon some of the best content there was?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its allmost like mists of pandaria and legion is only like 3 years apart... and she was like 7-8 so she would still be 10-11, maybe 12...
    Back at Blizzcon didn't they say that the demon hunters are imprisoned for ten years between the events of BC and Legion?

That would mean there's a whopping five years between Warlords and Legion, and six years between Mists and Legion.

I admit I haven't been following timeline discussions too closely so I may have missed them stating otherwise.

hasn't Anduin been a kid for like 10y before getting a teen model?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I'm not tremendously huge on the whole panda thing(barring panda DKs, which I would roll without hesitation for LOL-factor). But I ran across this piece of artwork a little while ago because Mist XG is kind of awesome. I always wondered if I'd find a reason to post it somewhere.

ARTIST: Mist XG https://www.artstation.com/artist/z361474408
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-07-31 at 10:09 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Please?
    Why? Pandaria was one of the best times of WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Back at Blizzcon didn't they say that the demon hunters are imprisoned for ten years between the events of BC and Legion?

That would mean there's a whopping five years between Warlords and Legion, and six years between Mists and Legion.

I admit I haven't been following timeline discussions too closely so I may have missed them stating otherwise.
    They stated much later that there is no 5 year time skip between Legion and Warlords. Legion happens almost immediately after WoD.

Of course she is still a kid.

How much do you expect her to grow in 2 years? Definitely not enough to justify another KID model.

I'm all for an adult model when it actually makes sense. Which would be maybe 3 o 4 more years in the future.

10+ Year Old Account

Please?
    No, because it was the only good expansion with a cohesive story and characters after WotLK
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

Unfortunately there just aren't any teenage models for the races. So eventually you see "age leaps" where they have to go from kid model, to adult model. For Li Li that time hasn't come yet. Anduin has been the only teenager in the entire game. If Li Li continues to have a significant lore impact, she may get a custom teenager model too. But for now that seems unlikely.

Li Li is pure if she ages up she is no longer pure. This is fact.

Let Li Li stay a kid, so she will stay out of them panda-loving furries' dirty minds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrenna View Post
    Let Li Li stay a kid, so she will stay out of them panda-loving furries' dirty minds.
    I'm willing to bet the rule 34 people won't let her being a kid stop them.

Deleted
    She's still a kid because only 2 years has passed in lore since we met her in Pandaria.

7+ Year Old Account

Please?
    no.
    mop was fine.

OT:
    im sorry, but the only NPC allowed to age is anduin.
    also, i dont think you turn from child to adult in just 2 years.
    pandaren reach adulthood by 18-20 years, not 10 or 12 like orcs.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-07-31 at 10:52 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure let's start aging all minor plot characters.

Can't wait for the last tier of Legion to last 2 years

What makes you think that panda people age like humans? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

The Demon Hunters have been imprisoned since the events of Black Temple, which, if you're counting years, is the halfway point of BC, not the end which is the events of Sunwell, when they're already in prison. WoW events happen largely in real time, with the caveat that the leveling and dungeoning you do in a day or two actually happens over the full ~6 months period until the next content patch happens and not instantly.

So, if we take the date of Sunwell for the moment we can be absolutely sure that the Events of Black Temple have happened and are in the past (it's probably a bit before that but whatever), sunwell came out the 25th of March 2008, 8 years ago.

For 10 years to have happened between the events of Black Temple to the Broken Shore event of Legion (starting August 9th 2016 in real world time), we only need 18 extra months.

Now, it's not exact science, we also don't know how long the peace times are. Peace times are every time there is no event leading logically straight into another. For instance, there is no peace time during Mists of Pandaria, every storyline sets up the next (5.1 happens right after the active Sha are defeated, just a few months after MoP release, at the earliest time the Horde and Alliance fleets could come to reinforce the small initial group, 5.2 is setup in 5.0 Kun Lai quests and 5.1 Blood Elves VS Kirin Tor quests, 5.3 and 5.4 are direct consequences of Garrosh's actions in 5.1), but there is peace time at other moments, like in BC : 2.1 is BT, there is no direct consequences to that, 2.2 is the worse patch in WoW history and has no content (yes, it is far worse than the 6.1 Garrison Update, by a lot), 2.3 is an isolated even that have any relation to the event of Burning Crusade so you could argue it happens during that "peace time", and 2.4 is a new event that doesn't happen right after the events of BC and BT, but any unspecified time after it.

So Black Temple was ~8 years and 4 months ago, assuming the dev doesn't just round it up to 10 years to go faster or count the release date of BC has the BT date (which is technically wrong, but so is the Sunwell release date figure if we want to be precise), it only takes 18 months sprinkled around at various times to match 10 years. The most likely moments being the time between expansions when the events are clearly not happening instantly, in particular the transitions from BC:Sunwell to WotLK, from WotLK to Cataclysm and from Cataclysm to MoP. MoP to WoD and WoD to Legion seems to happen without much downtime.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    What makes you think that panda people age like humans? :3
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Life_spans
    Race:
    Pandaren
    Adulthood:
    18-20
    Middle age
    30-40
    Old:
    Venerable:
    Maximum lifespan:
    Over 100
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-07-31 at 01:32 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    In all seriousness, they're likely keeping lili young because... well, she has a unique model and it's synonymous with her model in heroes of the storm. Anduin has his "dubious late teens/early 20s" appearance in both his old model, new model, and hearthstone iteration.
    Uh huh. Stylistically she already has a super strong and well-defined appearance that goes with her personality, and they probably (wisely) don't want to mess around with that. In a silly game like Warcraft it's fine to hand-wave these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like dalringard. he was a good npc.. i think he was a knight