Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    They won't. This is what you'll get from now on. The old tracker proofed too dangerous because it led people to chase Pokémon to dangerous areas or private property. That's why the feature was removed. This also falls in line with services like PokéVision being shut down by them. They apparently want you to find stuff at random and dont wander off to exact locations.
    The game was 100% designed to work with the tracker, if they really removed it completely they just killed their own game because now you can't do anything other than walking randomly or sit at a lured pokestop, and pretty much no one is going to have fun with that. I can't believe they would make such horrible design decisions

This game won't survive without either the 3 step tracker or tracking sites like pokevision. People are going to leave and leave suddenly.
    This dev must be on a cocaine fueled power trip if he thinks the gravy train will continue when people have no goal to walk towards.

- - - Updated - - -

So, any sites other than pokemon go that do the same thing? I want a site that doesn't "respect niantics wishes".
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Wow, they also removed the bonus exp from great and excellent throws, what in hell are they smoking?

Apparently the Eeveelution naming has also been removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shite, I only had the Jolteon left to go, needed a few more candies

Deleted
    heh.

Had a 3.9 rating on the appstore yesterday.

Niantic released an update effectively killing their own game.

It's now rated 4.0 on the appstore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    heh.

Had a 3.9 rating on the appstore yesterday.

Niantic released an update effectively killing their own game.

It's now rated 4.0 on the appstore.
    these numbers don't update constantly, wait a few hours and it should be down

This seems like a Mark Kern eske tantrum that people caught all the pokemon in the first month.

They won't. This is what you'll get from now on. The old tracker proofed too dangerous because it led people to chase Pokémon to dangerous areas or private property. That's why the feature was removed. This also falls in line with services like PokéVision being shut down by them. They apparently want you to find stuff at random and dont wander off to exact locations.
    Right now that's pure speculation either way. We know jack shit what they plan. Right now I believe it's more "our servers are still overloaded we gotta do something and fix it later" but can be wrong. However I would refrain to state something like you do based purely on my believes though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    Apparently the Eeveelution naming has also been removed.
    It worked for me earlier today but seemed only for first named 'mon of each evolution, then it was random. Either it works only once or once until you close the app and open it again. Will check again when I get enough candies...

Niantic reshuffled the nest locations.
    Turned off 3rd party trackers.
    Declared that the in-game tracker was not coming back.

I think he is worried about people finishing the content too quickly between expansions.

So, Pokemon Go will soon die I assume. People won't be interested in walking around for hours in hope of finding something. They want to walk towards something they know is there!

Sure I understand why they want to shut down 3rd party websites, but then they should atleast have a working tracking system them self, to compensate. I for sure will most likely not hang on to this game for very much longer now, if there is no changes to this nonsense. And I freaking love this game! There is something thrilling about seeing that pokemon you don't have on your radar, and then find it. Really not interested in walking around randomly and find a million pidgeys.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    So, any sites other than pokemon go that do the same thing? I want a site that doesn't "respect niantics wishes".
    I think it's less about "respecting Niantic's wishes" than "Getting sued to hell and back and back to hell again."

This update also ruined catch chances...3 great balls on a 67 Pidgeys, multiple balls on a 17Weedle, including 1 great.

Shame they removed the pokemon chasing aspect from a pokemon chasing game. Was fun while it lasted though.

Deleted
    Pokemon Go is officially dead for me and Niantic is worse than the Blizzard WoW team. Glad that they're on the perfect way to kill themselves, fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    Right now that's pure speculation either way. We know jack shit what they plan. Right now I believe it's more "our servers are still overloaded we gotta do something and fix it later" but can be wrong. However I would refrain to state something like you do based purely on my believes though.
    It's not really speculation anymore when Niantic flat out calls it "removed" in their change log instead of disabled. I know they're making tons of mistakes, but they're not THAT stupid to cause more uproar when they could have avoided that by calling it disabled. Besides, all the external evidence points towards it being removed rather than disabled. The future is grim my friend.

In addition, I can totally see Nintendo asking Niantic to disable the tracker. Nintendo likes to uphold its family entertainment values and be as kid friendly as possible. I'm sure they're not that thrilled about the idea of little kids running over train tracks or trespassing or whatever.

In any case, more points to removed than disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Pokemon Go is officially dead for me and Niantic is worse than the Blizzard WoW team. Glad that they're on the perfect way to kill themselves, fast.
    Lol, I wish Niantic was even a small bit like the WoW dev team. At least we'd have some form of communication instead of none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I think it's less about "respecting Niantic's wishes" than "Getting sued to hell and back and back to hell again."
    I also read somewhere that as of yesterday the API's are no longer public and therefor trackers can no longer access them. But not sure about it but that could be it too.
    Last edited by Shuji V2; 2016-07-31 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to kill your game in 3 easy steps:

Step 1: Make a game that relies solely on being able to track down and catch nearby Pokemon
    Step 2: break the in game tracker and then complain when people use third party trackers
    Step 3: Fuck everyone, good luck tracking your Pokemon now! Muahahahah! Thanks for all the monies.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

It's not really speculation anymore when Niantic flat out calls it "removed" in their change log instead of disabled. I know they're making tons of mistakes, but they're not THAT stupid to cause more uproar when they could have avoided that by calling it disabled. Besides, all the external evidence points towards it being removed rather than disabled. The future is grim my friend.
    Actually, what they said in the patch notes was "Removed footprints of nearby Pokémon", nothing about removing the radar. At the moment it's changed so that you can't even "track" certain pokemon, it's just a list of what's nearby. Doesn't mean it has to stay that way. They might make it compass alike without any footprints at all. There are other options. Right now it's completely useless but the fact it's still in the game gives me hope. They might decide to remove it totally next time but until then there's still change of some kind of in-game tracking. Or they might make tracking site similar to Ingress's intel so you see where mon around you spawn but don't know for how long or when exactly.

Might as well GPS spoof now.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    This update also ruined catch chances...3 great balls on a 67 Pidgeys, multiple balls on a 17Weedle, including 1 great.

Shame they removed the pokemon chasing aspect from a pokemon chasing game. Was fun while it lasted though.
    This is not my experience at all this morning. The only pokemon I used a great ball on was a bulbasaur and I didn't notice any changes in catch rates.

The only change I have noticed for catching is more pokemon occupying the medium range. Most weak pokemon start off very short range and only get far away if they break out of a ball. Now they seem to start off a little farther away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    Actually, what they said in the patch notes was "Removed footprints of nearby Pokémon", nothing about removing the radar. At the moment it's changed so that you can't even "track" certain pokemon, it's just a list of what's nearby. Doesn't mean it has to stay that way. They might make it compass alike without any footprints at all. There are other options. Right now it's completely useless but the fact it's still in the game gives me hope. They might decide to remove it totally next time but until then there's still change of some kind of in-game tracking. Or they might make tracking site similar to Ingress's intel so you see where mon around you spawn but don't know for how long or when exactly.
    Eh, the footsteps ARE the tracking part, I talked about removing the tracking and so did Niantic (footsteps! Cause that's how you track!). Nobody ever talked about the nearby list. Besides, how the nearby list is right now it's quite useless so might as well remove it completely. I think you're confusing one and the other mate.