Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boothisphere View Post
    Stop trying to give this person what they think want, tell them what they should be doing.

Find a guild you can enjoy, join it.
    Dont be a loser.
    You can't force the anti-social to be social. It doesn't work for either party.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Yaaaa no offense OP but you're weird and people who think like you are an extreme minority for good reason. No matter how casual you are joining a guild, so long as it's an active one, does nothing but improve your game experience.

Although yes random guild spam is annoying.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-31 at 11:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Yaaaa no offense OP but you're weird and people who think like you are an extreme minority. No matter how casual you are joining a guild, so long as it's an active one, does nothing but improve your game experience.
    The thing is Blizzard should gradually push people into wanting to join guilds. Being that you can basically see everything in the game now without ever really having to join a guild let alone communicate with other players there's really no point for a player like this.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ...that allows you to scan for un-guilded people and whisper them?

At least 5 or 6 times a day, I get whispers from people asking me to join their guild, usually in the form of 5-6 sentence spam macros. It's really fucking obnoxious.

"lol just join a guild, problem solved"

I don't feel like joining a guild. I'm a casual player who uses Group Finder for raids and doesn't do mythic; I have no use for a guild.
    Create your own guild, that way you avoid the whispers and get the guild perks at the same time.

An addon?

...You can do this with a simple macro, no addon needed.

So never I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    An addon?

...You can do this with a simple macro, no addon needed.

So never I guess?
    A macro can't scan the entire server looking for people that are unguilded. The addon can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    A macro can't scan the entire server looking for people that are unguilded. The addon can.
    It's been years, but I used to know a guy who used a macro to send guild invites for guildless people...Maybe I don't remember it correctly, maybe the macro just scanned for level 1-10 unguilded people, but I saw it in action. As far as I know, the macro sent whispers too. I can check, I think I saved the macro on one of my alts.

EDIT: Found the macro!

/script n=GetNumWhoResults(); i=1; while(i<n+1) do c,g=GetWhoInfo(i); if(g=="") then SendChatMessage("","WHISPER","COMMON",c); GuildInvite(c); end; i=i+1; end;

What server are you on? I want to piss your autism having anti-social ass off.

I don't have much to offer apart from what advice others have given. I'm going to have a look at the whisper blocking addon, myself. It's no fun having half of your chat box light up with soulless player-factory guilds inviting anyone and everyone they can snort up through copy&paste PMs. I wouldn't mind being in a guild if people actually started conversations and actually chat before trying invite. I had honestly thought about writing a long copy&paste reply as to how I would NOT like to join their guilds but all they're really looking for is a yes or no. you could probably reply "y" and get an inv to those playerfarms. /rant

Anywho, Good luck. I hope some day you do find a group of players you enjoy running with to perhaps change your opinion of guilds. I've had several in my day and I've found them to be pretty rare! I still remember a great deal of my TBC raid party and hope in legion I will find something similar.

I thought maybe they would have broken the addon by adding the silence feature. There's no way a person that spams hundreds of people each day doesn't get a few reports.

i dont see what they can do about a whisper addon without incurring needless collateral damage.

Will there be any fallout if they limit the number of whispers you can do across more than 10 people one after another??

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ...that allows you to scan for un-guilded people and whisper them?

At least 5 or 6 times a day, I get whispers from people asking me to join their guild, usually in the form of 5-6 sentence spam macros. It's really fucking obnoxious.

"lol just join a guild, problem solved"

I don't feel like joining a guild. I'm a casual player who uses Group Finder for raids and doesn't do mythic; I have no use for a guild.
    When are they going to break that addon or group of addons? Probably when they remove the interface option that allows you to "Block all guild invites". Better hold onto your horses because Blizzard's doing a mass clean sweep of those interface options. >.>

You can be in a guild and still get whisper spam.

Deleted
    Sure, they're going to block a useful addon just because you don't like it. Think again.

is there a way to invite your own alts to a guild with them being offline?
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Just make your own 1-man guild for the perks and extra bag space. Problem solved.

Why whine about something as trivial as that?

Just join one already and quit complaining. Or at least enable the block feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey, I want to play a game designed around social interaction in a way that is a complete 180 of what it's supposed to be"

Sound logic right there.