Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well its a new system really and ppl are still stuck at the old ways of killing for honor for some reason, in a few months it will hopefully change and ppl realize that u actually have to win to gain something and not just go middle to farm the others. But im abit curious about the gear system in legion since they are removing pvp gear from what ive heard and u only have straight up gear doesnt that just benefit the ones raiding and pvping and the ones only doin pvp has a long painfull grind ahead of them?

I'm usually all for giving more to people that actually try, but for random battlegrounds to not give any kind of reward on loses is pretty damn harsh. If you want serious competition in BGs, rated BGs exist for a reason.

Just change the system to 2 marks on win, 1 mark on lose already. It's simple as that.

I'm gearing up some character in i710 for before the expansion and nothing feels worst than losing a few BGs in a row currently. It's absolutely soul crushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    I'm usually all for giving more to people that actually try, but for random battlegrounds to not give any kind of reward on loses is pretty damn harsh. If you want serious competition in BGs, rated BGs exist for a reason.

Just change the system to 2 marks on win, 1 mark on lose already. It's simple as that.

I'm gearing up some character in i710 for before the expansion and nothing feels worst than losing a few BGs in a row currently. It's absolutely soul crushing.
    How about they do it like they did during TBC (can't remember if that was still a thing in LK or not)

You win, you get 3 marks of honor
    You lose, you get 1

Multiply the cost of everything by 2 or 3. Winning gets you stuff faster, losing gets you stuff way slower. That's how it worked back then, and it worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    How about they do it like they did during TBC (can't remember if that was still a thing in LK or not)

You win, you get 3 marks of honor
    You lose, you get 1
    "Let's lose as fast as we can so we can farm those 1 marks. It's faster than trying but still losing."
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    "Let's lose as fast as we can so we can farm those 1 marks. It's faster than trying but still losing."
    Trust me. That's what they did. I played back then and they would purposely lose to q faster. It made BG's annoying.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Trust me. That's what they did. I played back then and they would purposely lose to q faster. It made BG's annoying.
    Oh yes. In fact people formed premades with the express purpose of losing as fast as possible.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

I seriously wonder why they removed honor in the first place if it's just being replaced by a way shittier system ...

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    I seriously wonder why they removed honor in the first place if it's just being replaced by a way shittier system ...
    The purpose of the PvP changes was, I think, to prevent PvP from obsoleting the reward from PvE content. Non-rated PvP will now deliver gear on the same level as heroic 5 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The purpose of the PvP changes was, I think, to prevent PvP from obsoleting the reward from PvE content. Non-rated PvP will now deliver gear on the same level as heroic 5 mans.
    Nah heroics give 825 gear unrated pvp gives 805 gear...

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    The system isn't active yet. It will be come legion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the timing of the marks release and honor changed confused some folks. The marks are really just for xmog, it just so happens that for a few more weeks until Legion they may actually provide upgrades for alts to 700/710 gear. But once Legion hits there isn't 800 gear for marks coming. It's really just for xmog for old pvp sets. So the marks will be about as useful as the Baleful tokens in a few weeks (i.e. not very). The main pvp reward is whatever gear is in the strongbox, along with upgrading honor talents. It probably could have been clearer for folks that marks are just for old xmog gear if you could only buy 600 and lower gear with marks now, and they waited to open the 700 gear for marks after Legion launch when they'll be lower than all but the very first quest greens.

Deleted
    Idd, not a fan of the new system.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Losing should not award anything. Did you ever get loot because you wiped 100 times at the same boss? Same here. Try to win or just stay where you are.

I am extremely happy that since this system was implemented I have yet to see the random prick who says "lose fast and go to next game". There is no next game. There is THIS game and you have to win it.

GG system.
    I agree most part, it takes away the noncare attitude a bit by actually trying to win! but at the same time it doesn't motivate players to do ahy bg's at all. With the 110 balance in mind this just going to be absolutely horrible, team full with rogues and stuff gg.

One a win is fairly decent, it doesn't take that long to farm for items that you want and it gives players another reason to PvP. Yeah it is kind of harsh that you don't receive any for losing, but it is just transmog gear anyways. Also, how dare Blizzard make winning more lucrative.

15+ Year Old Account
    -No one- is saying winning should not be more lucrative. Yet you act like it's ok to get nothing out of an entire nights worth of bgs if you happen to be on the losing team every time? That's absurd. "It's just transmog gear" is a ridiculous stance and not an argument. If it's "just transmog gear" then why are so many people furious with the new system? Because being shafted 100% because your team lost due to idiots isn't a fun play style and makes us not want to participate at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    The WoW forums are filled with whining kids and really really angry people. If your using the WoW forums to judge anything, then your doing it wrong.
    Look at the very first post in this topic.

You were saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Look at the very first post in this topic.

You were saying?
    Never said these forums should be used to judge anything either, but they are better. Only reason they're better is because you have straight contact with the theory rafters and world first mythic raiders (Chris potter, Aladya, Archimtiros, Wordup, etc) so it's easier to find information about your class. Still, neither should really be used to judge anything.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about marks in terms of current tier gear.

But marks for old gear purely for xmog seems like a horrible idea, especially when the cost is the same as current tier gear.

I also find it odd they overlooked the Wrath gear (Relentless and lower) that can still be purchased for gold from the old badge vendors in Dalaran.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2016-07-31 at 08:26 PM.

What's the complaint? You cannot possibly expect me to believe you played all day long and didnt win a bg. I just came bsck to the game as alliance because rl friend switchee factions, but we still dont win every one. Its 60 40 at best really.

1 good player can make a huge difference though, especially if a healer. To pretend like skill isnt a huge factor in pvp is silly. If all you want is gear go do lfr. If youre going to pvp put effort into getting better at it. Not only does it then become more fun but the rewards come more easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    -No one- is saying winning should not be more lucrative. Yet you act like it's ok to get nothing out of an entire nights worth of bgs if you happen to be on the losing team every time? That's absurd. "It's just transmog gear" is a ridiculous stance and not an argument. If it's "just transmog gear" then why are so many people furious with the new system? Because being shafted 100% because your team lost due to idiots isn't a fun play style and makes us not want to participate at all.
    Even when you lose you get boxes that have green and blue gear. It sounds like you are only complaining because you arent getting epics. That is rediculous. You dont deserve ot just because you logged hours. Also gear is virtually worthless FOR pvp now. Its just based on ilvl and the increases are so incrimentally small unless you and your opponent are playing perfectly, you cant tell the difference. Sorry you arent getting free 710 gear for upgrades but this is such a weak complaint. You guys will complain about anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about? No one is talking about items. We are talking about Marks of Honor used to buy transmog pvp gear. Literally not once did I mention relevent gear whatsoever. Your reading comprehension skills need to git gud.