Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Maybe in a future expansion when Bolvar turns... then we get warm fuzzy panda DKs and orange eyes, instead of blue.

DKs should be intimidating monsters, not annoying midgets or fat bears. No panda bears.

Better idea - just remove pandas altogether

Deleted
    It has always been pointless. It makes no sense lorewise and it would require overhaul of start zones for very little return.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I'm fine with blizzard not adding them if they just say they don't want to spend the resources on it... but for Lore reasons? REALLY? Bullshit. Blizzard breaks the lore anytime it wants, ESPECIALLY for game play purposes.

Sidenote: there are already panda death knights within the lore as it stands, so it's especially stupid.
    there is only one, and its a garrison follower, and ok sure, same reason they broke the lore of demon hunters and made all classes able to be... .demon... hunters.... hm...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    I dont know, we got gnome hunters which is cancer

Maybe we get another type of cancer in the next expansion
    and what prevents a gnome from being a hunter? they allready love mechanical things like guns and traps, and even mechanical animals!

what prevents pandaren from being dks?
    well their whole relegion, and way of life is peace, harmony, respecting the spirits of the dead, fighting to protect their land, their farms, growth, life, and tranqulity...

and whats a dks thing?
    DEATH, DESTRUCTION, DESECRATION OF THE DEAD, PESTILENCE, ROTTING OF THE WORLD!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    This, lore wise it's extremely simple and reasonable to have Panda DKs.
    except the pandaren's way of life and their religion goes against being a death knight, so raising one they would simply decline, and go back to the after life, as death knights, to be allowed to stay, and allowed to raise people have to give them a choice, as we see when raising the four horsemen, as if they forcefully bring them back to life as death knights... well... then weve got problems... so yeah thats why, as most you would raise, would simply so "no... i am fine... thank you... i wish to join my ancestors in the wind"

its like going to a monk and giving them a machine gun then going "ok here fight, have fun, bye" they wont just start shooting willy nilly

We dun need panda DKs, but we defo need tauren rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    dnt play the lore card cos its complete bollocks for example goblins are allowed to be shamans since when have they been intune with elementals, unless you count the fire from there bombs as fire. theres no reaon for pandarens not to be dk's, Warcraft lore exists more in the books than the actual game and all it does is hold the game back,
    goblins being shamans is prefectly fine, as they make deals with the elementles to help them, they supply them elementle magic, the goblins give them something they want

and aww yeah i remember when they made all classes able to be demon hunters cause man fuck the lore, gameplay all the way!

Maybe Bolvar decided to kill some pandas but they would most likely get a "new" DK zone so I doubt it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    goblins being shamans is prefectly fine, as they make deals with the elementles to help them, they supply them elementle magic, the goblins give them something they wantand aww yeah i remember when they made all classes able to be demon hunters cause man fuck the lore, gameplay all the way!
    there gonna open up demon hunters to be other races after legion so even though your being sarcastic about that its still gonna happen, so after legion we will have gnome demon hunters srsly if they do that thats even more retarded than a panda DK

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakida View Post
    There is actual lore behind Goblin Shamans actually. Goblin become shamans by using their shrewd business tactics to make deals with elements. There are several quest dialogues and NPC dialogues that prove this. The best case is from a quest in Deepholm where a Goblin Shaman from the Earthen Ring asks you to kill his fire elemental to get a burning heart.Quest: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27135/something-that-burnsFire Elemental: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=45099/magmatoothSomething it yells when summoned is, "This is not in my contract," which shows that goblins make contracts with the elements instead of seeking their aid like other shamans. Pandarens cannot become DK's because they were relatively non-existent at the time of the Scourge invasion and the Lich King raising races as Death Knights. For them to be playable, they would need an entirely new starting zone experience to have them be Death Knights. I could see this new starting zone being used for the other races as well to have their lore of becoming a death knight under Bolvar instead of Arthas, but that would mean losing an entire starting zone which was quite beautifully written. But that is the only way that would happen.
    there must always be a lich king. so pandaren dk's should exist whats stopping bolvar from sending scourge to kill panda's now

15+ Year Old Account
    If they did add them, they could always spin it like they did for tauren paladins, say they lore wise are a different class, but for gameplay reasons function as an existing class. Maybe blame the Sha and claim they're actually sha-touched desecrators but in game just show as deathknights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    if i can have a blood elf shaman and druid, you can have a panda dk.
    ewww gross
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They don't fit the Lore. Pandaren were still isolated when Arthas raised Death Knights, so there wasn't any around. Yeah, Pandaren were in Warcraft 3, but it was only Chen Stromstout, so it still wouldn't make sense.
    Chen wasn't the only one. Pandaren from the Wandering Isle have been travelling around the rest of the world since forever. Where do you think the monk trainers in all the starting zones came from?

there gonna open up demon hunters to be other races after legion so even though your being sarcastic about that its still gonna happen, so after legion we will have gnome demon hunters srsly if they do that thats even more retarded than a panda DK

- - - Updated - - -

there must always be a lich king. so pandaren dk's should exist whats stopping bolvar from sending scourge to kill panda's now
    oh i dident know you worked at blizzard, cool, can you tell us what the next expansion will be?
    because then we would go kill bolvar...?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except the pandaren's way of life and their religion goes against being a death knight, so raising one they would simply decline
    Same can be said about any other race. Noone becomes a DK willingly. In Warcraft universe, being resurrected by dark magics completely twists your mind and turns you into something different.

7+ Year Old Account
    bolvar isnt a crazy and bloodthirsty son of a bitch who wants to destroy all life on azeroth?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As far as I'm aware, Chen was the only Pandaren in Warcraft 3, unless you have another source of more? I also don't recall Pandaren traveling the rest of the world "since forever". They were isolated till MoP happened, which also explains the trainers now.
    Chen was the only known Pandaren at the time, there is a difference.
    Pandaria was isolated till the MoP events, true, but not the Wandering Isle. As for trainers, at the very least the ones in Draenei and BE starting zones have been there since TBC, lorewise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    It has always been pointless. It makes no sense lorewise and it would require overhaul of start zones for very little return.
    lore is what holds the game back, 90% of actual warcraft lore resides in the books not the game

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Same can be said about any other race. Noone becomes a DK willingly. In Warcraft universe, being resurrected by dark magics completely twists your mind and turns you into something different.
    except it doesent... being raised by the lich king he forcefully removed their memory... death knights now, raised by bolvar, under him not being evil, raise them with their memory and give them the choice to be a death knight, or return to the grave, idk if you did some research like looked at the fucking death knight class hall campaign you would know that...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    arthas is dead.
    he isnt here anymore to rise death knights anymore.

now before you come up with "but da ebon blade can do da same!"
    well, too bad,
    for that kind of story pandaren dk's would need a new starting zone because the normal dk one is set in the past.
    and blizz aint gonna make a special new starting zone for one of the most unpopular races just because "give us undead pandas!"

Formerly known as Arafal

It doesn't need to make sense, but a class/race change of this magnitude is about on par with adding a new class or race entirely. In that Blizzard needs an expansion to tie it into, and *that* expansion needs to "make sense" with the changes they are making.

If we ever see a "new" lichking expansion with a new story to tell, that might call into play new possibilities.

Personally, I don't have an issue with it. Because I generally follow the "there is one hero" philosophy.

Just because 10,000,000 players have created a Pandaren DK.... doesn't mean that there's 10,000,000 Pandaren DKs in the world.... they're all 'the same hero' as far as the world is concerned... and one pandaren hero wandering the world is well within the realm of believability....

just like one..... ANY COMBO... is perfectly believable as having "a unique history that justifies any oddities that are stereotypically unknown".

Like having an orc that routinely allies up and helps humans.

tldr; Murloc Deathknights next expansion!